Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What to look for in SEASON 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

It would be weird to start Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with S.H.I.E.L.D. not existing anymore. I think S.H.I.E.L.D. is still operating under the guise of the ATCU, but Coulson had to give up his position in exchange for secret funds from the government (or something equally important). Don't forget that S.H.I.E.L.D. is technically (at the moment) just a black ops unit that officially doesn't exist.

Well, they could play it either of two ways - either with SHIELD still intact but before the time jump with the story leading up to its break-up OR start after the time jump with SHIELD already broken up with the events leading up to it told in flashbacks and the main plot for the first few episodes being about bringing SHIELD back together.

I just hope they dont make General Talbot the director.....that would suck and make me not want to watch it.

I just hope they dont make General Talbot the director.....that would suck and make me not want to watch it.
It's the army that took back shield's base from the primitive.
With the accords, all this mess with Hive, I totally see shield be under supervision from the gouvernement/army/ATCU.

So for me it'll be Talbot or one of his boss.

I mostly want a sign that they are aware that the show is trouble and want to take action to save it from cancellation.

While the movies will not address the tv show, there is no reason to not immerse the show in the movie universe. It worked really well with The Winter Soldier. The movies will mostly be avoiding the issues of Civil War/The Accords for the next 4 years. Sharon Carter has NOTHING to do until after Infinity War is over, outside of a potential throw-away movie cameo (in one episode you could do two stories of her being investigated for her actions during Civil War, then joining SHIELD and a flashback story of Peggy being investigated for her war record and then joining SHIELD...wrapping up the Agent Carter story while getting Sharon as a member of AoS). Maybe Deathlok can be initially used as a tool of the Accords who hunts down Inhumans who refuse to sign...maybe even have him change his mind during a mission where he is supposed to capture Hawkeye's family (don't tell me that whoever played Hawkeye's wife and kids are too big to be on tv). Bring Mockingbird and Hunter back in (heck, have them initially act as bodyguards for Simon Williams, to give Nathan Fillion a guest starring role in an episode and tie in to Guardians 2). Maria Hill can be the new director. Maybe Daisy can get back with her dad because the government would want to talk with him. If SHIELD is rogue and not being financed the government or Tony Stark, perhaps Norman Osborn can be funding them. Bring in at least one KNOWN comic character as a permanent member.

Just spitballing ideas there...the point is that I want the show to FEEL like they care. In fact...maybe even title the season Agents of SHIELD: Reconstruction (since Reconstruction came after the Civil War).

Some good ideas, def think the secret warriors should be a group on the run from SHIELD or whomever. Creel, Deathlok all need to be involved, AOS need to lift the game, having the Secret Warriors as the bad guys would be cool, exploring the ideas of Civil War fully.

I believe Coulson in that clip is actually a LMD, though would much rather Hill be the director and pops in occasionally.

What about Fury back at the helm? He's on the run at the end of TWS. Even when he pops up after AoU nobody knows what he's been doing.

And they, I'll call it, retconned that he got the Helicarrier from Coulson.

What about Fury back at the helm? He's on the run at the end of TWS. Even when he pops up after AoU nobody knows what he's been doing.

It's not a retcon. The helicarrier handoff was referenced in AOS and confirmed by Kevin Feige:

http://www.slashfilm.com/agents-of-shield-age-of-ultron-plot-hole/

I agree, though, that Fury could be back in charge. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up a couple of times in what could be the show's final season.

I wouldn't quite go as far as retcon. It was backfilling something left ambiguous because it wasn't important for the movie's story, but it doesn't change anything at all in the movie. It also was written before Age of Ultron even aired.

BTW, who would you like to see as the villain of season four?

I think one thing I'd like to see is closing loose ends, such as with Graviton (my personal preference would be to have his mind trapped in the Gravitonium and transferred to a new body, but that's just because I'd like them to cast someone with awesome hair, but I have nothing against the actor if he returns).

I fairly recently read Hickman's New Avengers and I'm reading Spencer's Secret Avengers right now (which, after Secret Warriors, is probably a good place to look for inspiration since it has Phil Coulson and Daisy Johnson in it). I have to say I really, really want to see AIM in its yellow beekeeper glory (I actually think beekeeper suits could work really well in a creepy X-Files kind of way). They also had a sort of AIM council that included Dr. Hall, which I think would work well. But I also like that the people at the top are just scientists who look kind of boring. They just have a distorted view of the world that prides science over everything else (kind of like the guy who was introduced at the end of season 3).

AIM as 4A main villains, then transition into the Deltites for the endgame villains in 4B.

When AoS first started I expected the antagonists to be remnants of AIM and the Ten Rings.

I want to see Fixer, Spider-Woman and Taskmaster as the villains with Spider-Woman redeeming herself, Taskmaster playing both sides and Fixer as the big bad.

I also want to see Silver Sable as a wild card where she's definitely good but her motives often don't align with SHIELD's.

And if Marvel could line up Samuel L Jackson's replacement... with Nick Fury Sr who was taking the Infinity Formula and also possibly give him a spin-off series to replace Agent Carter's slot on ABC, that would also be nice. Jackson is 67 and can't play Fury forever.

And if Marvel could line up Samuel L Jackson's replacement... with Nick Fury Sr who was taking the Infinity Formula and also possibly give him a spin-off series to replace Agent Carter's slot on ABC, that would also be nice. Jackson is 67 and can't play Fury forever.

Samuel L. Jackson's character is not the MCU version of Marcus Johnson/Nick Fury, Jr. There is no white Nick Fury/Nick Fury, Sr. in the MCU. Samuel L. Jackson's character is mainly based on the Ultimate Nick Fury, which means he's the only Nick Fury in the MCU.

I wouldn't quite go as far as retcon. It was backfilling something left ambiguous because it wasn't important for the movie's story, but it doesn't change anything at all in the movie. It also was written before Age of Ultron even aired.

I just couldn't come up with a better term for it. AoU was scripted and shot, then there was an opportunity for AoS to fill a pretty significant plot hole.

Fury still needs to be back at the helm. Then they can get SHIELD to replace the ATCU, then focus on individual SHIELD initiatives. Seriously they should have multiple threats not just Inhumans or just Hydra. Bring in AIM, bring in some real space stuff, don't just focus on saving Daisy. I mean seriously they could show different teams and focus on different threats all over the globe. Not just ugh Daisy's mom and dad and ex-boyfriends are on a rampage again.

Some of the follow up interviews with the show runners seems to indicate that they will look at tying up some of the loose ends regarding Quinn, Graviton, and probably Deathlok. I'd definitely like to see Hellfire and Deathlok as part of the Secret Warriors.

As I read the questions in the original post a new one instantly came to my mind: Will they tie up the loose ends or create new ones? :)

So I hope you are right, that would be really nice.

It was surprising to me they never went back to Ian Quinn and Graviton in seasons 2 and 3.

Coulson said quite clearly - when handing the cube to Gonzales - that Fury would eventually come and take it back. And than added something like "Oops. spoiler alert!" :D

Thing is - is SHIELD even still around? Based on the finale and flash forward, I wouldn't be surprised if SHIELD has (at that point) been disbanded after their HQ got wrecked; perhaps with Coulson and Mack now working for the ATCU, the Secret Warriors either having gone rogue on disbanded altogether, and FitzSimmons working with Radcliffe.

It would be weird to start Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with S.H.I.E.L.D. not existing anymore. I think S.H.I.E.L.D. is still operating under the guise of the ATCU, but Coulson had to give up his position in exchange for secret funds from the government (or something equally important). Don't forget that S.H.I.E.L.D. is technically (at the moment) just a black ops unit that officially doesn't exist.
Yeah, it wouldn't be 'Agents of SHIELD' if SHIELD didn't exist at all. They'd have to rename it to 'Agents of nothing' and that's not as catchy.

BTW, who would you like to see as the villain of season four?

AIM as 4A main villains, then transition into the Deltites for the endgame villains in 4B.
I'd also like to see AIM as the main villains. It would seem like a natural progression after Hydra.

Apparently Ghost Rider might make an appearance in the form of Robbie Reyes.

Coulson said quite clearly - when handing the cube to Gonzales - that Fury would eventually come and take it back. And than added something like "Oops. spoiler alert!" :D
Holy crap, your right! Thanks for that little tid bit. :)

"Oops. spoiler alert!" was telling Gonzales that Fury is still alive.

Daisy leaving I understand. She was so far under Hive's sway, she begged to be let back in. And as a result of helping Hive, a whole bunch of people were turned into Alpha Primitives. She's probably operating under the "It's better for everyone if I leave" logic. What she's been doing all this time is vague. She's using her powers, but in what way?

These rumors of Ghost Rider are now getting to me. Like seriously that people would think that is just illogical...
Maybe they referenced a character who has a flame chain that is currently in the series, and not referencing a new character that hasn't been introduced and is not related to the series. Or is that too realistic? Do people have to dream big when it comes to predicting TV shows?

And now apparently people think that Zayne will be playing Ghost Rider in AoS...
Seriously...

I don't dislike the idea of Ghost Rider in AoS, I just don't think it's going to happen, and think it's a less natural reaction than just: Hellfire might become more of a main character. Might become main villain, team member, etc.

These rumors of Ghost Rider are now getting to me. Like seriously that people would think that is just illogical...
Maybe they referenced a character who has a flame chain that is currently in the series, and not referencing a new character that hasn't been introduced and is not related to the series. Or is that too realistic? Do people have to dream big when it comes to predicting TV shows?

And now apparently people think that Zayne will be playing Ghost Rider in AoS...
Seriously...

I don't dislike the idea of Ghost Rider in AoS, I just don't think it's going to happen, and think it's a less natural reaction than just: Hellfire might become more of a main character. Might become main villain, team member, etc.

Nope, makes total sense. This is how they are going to bring back Ward, he will be the new Ghost Rider. You didn't think he was really out of the series did you?

:woot::woot:

Seriously...

I think these rumours are because of the casting of the hispanic brothers one of whom is in a wheelchair and the other being "dangerous", not because of the chain on the train or whatever. Still far from confirmed of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"