Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin-Off Show In The Works

You'd think that people would stop saying stuff like that when it comes to Marvel by now.

The "not a Spin-off" comment makes me believe that this will go down like X-Force. Mockingbird and Hunter will be the heads of a special Black ops team that does missions that the other members can't know about. They will still be on the regular show and Most Wanted will be their top secret hidden adventures that the others don't know about at first.

Finally! A show where John Walsh shows us supervillains and tells us a phone number to call if you have information on their whereabouts!

I'm glad there's still life in this. I'd love to see it as a summer series so we can get Marvel TV year-round. These past couple Marvel-free months have hard!

I'm surprised reactions seems so mixed on here, but to each their own.

I could definitely see this being a summer show. It's far too late for it to drop before mid-season, and if it's a mid-season show it would have to be a substitute for a non-Marvel show. I suppose they could be planning on sitting on it until next fall, but that would be odd timing for committing to the pilot...

It would be a perfect summer show. Give it 10-13 weeks after season 3 ends.

While I see the point in them not wanting to waste a strong character on an ensemble show like AoS that is trending towards Skye/Daisy and the Inhumans storyline, I don't see this spinoff not really strengthening the Marvel TV brand. They'd be reduced to fighting low-level villains and groups that I could see many not being interested in while AoS and the MCU films get the higher rent villains people want. AoS just started getting the quality of the storylines, acting, and stunts up to an acceptable MCU level so having to spread that over to another show seems like it'd hurt both shows in the long run.

I'm not going to piss and moan about more content, whether it's "necessary" or not. There's really not anything to judge it by at this point anyway.

I agree it's probably a summer show.

I think this will benefit AoS more than anything.

The shows cast was already getting kind of bloated, it was gonna be hard to give Bobbi and Hunter the attention they needed with Mack and Lincoln rumored to have more substantial roles this year, plus whoever else joins The Secret Warriors during the season.

I think if the hook for Mockingbird and Hunter striking out on their own is strong enough the show could have potential. But it'll have to be fundamentally different from AoS, not in tone more so than content. But it's challenging because I'm not sure Bobbi and Hunter action and relationship drama is enough to carry a show.

Another question is , do you build a cast around them or just phase characters in and out depending on the conflict?

Im really excited for this marvel has yet to disappoint with any of their tv shows. Aos was getting too big so theres room to introduce more characters.

Hmm... if it's a summer show, it's releasing after Civil War. I wonder if the "most wanted" are unregistered heroes...

i feel like they're diluting an already unstable product here

AoS is just flat out not good. It's not up to quality and tbqh it's hurting the marvel brand.

ESPECIALLY now that we've seen how amazing they can be with netflix.

Marves most wanted, sounds like they will do a villain of the week show. Possibly capturing all the villains ward broke out. That lets aos deal with the inhumans/kree/hydra.

Hmm... if it's a summer show, it's releasing after Civil War. I wonder if the "most wanted" are unregistered heroes...

Somebody ob CBR said that "Marvel's Most Wanted" was the tag line of the Thunderbolts for a while. So this could be very much possible...

Anything that brings more Adrianne to the screen is fine by me. Plus more Marvel . Life is better.

Some folks were complaining about a small mole on the bridge of her nose. To me it shows a lack of vanity. To be that fine and not be vain.

Implies strength of character.

I know I'll watch

I'm not sure how I feel about this. More Marvel on TV is always good and I'm all for another show during the summer months (even though the logistics for a show happening parallel to most of the movie releases might be tough), but taking Bobbi and Hunter away from the core team doesn't really help AoS

G'day,

I was iffy about this when I first heard about it but have changed my mind. There are at least three reason why it a good idea:

1) AOS is getting far too crowded. With Daisy getting her own Secret Warriors I doubt there's going to be much time for Bobbi & Lance.

2) Its a couples team up. Good! been saying for some time that was needed in the MCU (along with more youngsters but that's another matter) They can be fun to watch and successful. Think Castle, Bones, Elementary.

3) Chance to introduce more comic book character. Note. This would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Kate Bishop! Lance Hunter is really a Clint Barton substitute , at least in his relationships, and Mockingbird was Kate's trainer in the comics so she would make a fine addition.

Ralph

This would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Kate Bishop! Lance Hunter is really a Clint Barton substitute , at least in his relationships, and Mockingbird was Kate's trainer in the comics so she would make a fine addition.

well, Cassie was about 7 years old in Ant-Man, which would make Kate around 10.
I'm not sure that Bobbi train a 10 year old girl how to fight criminals is something the studio realistically considers

Nobody is going to force you to watch it. If you think it's that unnecessary.

Nope, nobody is. But really, they should be focussing on improving the core show (which isn't great, imo) rather than taking away two of the better received characters from that show and moving them to another show. Given how well AoS does in terms of ratings etc I can't see how this could be a good idea.

Unless AoS is really changing up it's formula with Secret Warriors (which to an extent I doubt because otherwise why not just retitle the show) I think it'd be best to keep two of the better characters in that show, rather than spinning them off into their own show that will likely keep exactly the same tone, look and feel of the main show

G'day,

This is the MCU. Not the comics, there's no reason they can't have a teenage Kate.

Ralph

well, Cassie was about 7 years old in Ant-Man, which would make Kate around 10.
I'm not sure that Bobbi train a 10 year old girl how to fight criminals is something the studio realistically considers

G'day,

This is the MCU. Not the comics, there's no reason they can't have a teenage Kate.

Ralph

I know you have hit girl but it's a bit unrealistic on tv for a very young girl to beat up fully grown men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"