Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't killed by terminator just knocked out.

http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Punk_Leader

The blue-haired Punk Leader was drinking outside with a few friends in the early morning hours of May 13, 1984, when a Terminator arrived from the future. As the naked Terminator approached the punks, the leader surmised that he was "a couple cans short of a six-pack," but when the Terminator demanded their clothes, the leader pulled a knife and expressed his displeasure with the stranger. The Terminator then forcefully pushed the punk leader away and into a gate, killing him.

While I would otherwise just go with "brothers", given that 'Willian' Koenig said the exact same initial speech verbatim, I think its weirder than that. They are probably clones, if I had to guess.

Since Fury handed the reigns of director over to Coulson, does that mean Samuel L. Jackson's contract to play Nick Fury is up?

Doubt it, he's still a presence in the Marvelverse, just behind the scenes and no longer has to answer to anyone. His going to Europe already means he'll be dealing with the twins.

Since Fury handed the reigns of director over to Coulson, does that mean Samuel L. Jackson's contract to play Nick Fury is up?

He had a nine-film contract deal. He still has 3 films left, one of which will be Avengers 2. I'm assuming the other two will be Captain America 3 and Avengers 3.

I'd like to see some Whedon alums fill some of those roles if comic agents start getting brought in. I could see Neil Patrick Harris as Clay Quartermain.

he'd better get in line behind Mark Valley and Alan Tudyk. NPH actually looks a lot like the Jasper Sitwell of the comics.

Hopefully in season two we find out which Howling Commando Triplett is related too.

I thought the finale was a bit disappointing, the best stuff was between Fitz and Simmons. Killing off Garrett in such a comedic way was a really odd choice, and it looks like they are just replacing Ward with Triplet. :(

Wasn't Deathlok a villain in the comics? :huh:

I guess bloody hand man/woman will be next seasons villain.

I thought the finale was a bit disappointing, the best stuff was between Fitz and Simmons. Killing off Garrett in such a comedic way was a really odd choice, and it looks like they are just replacing Ward with Triplet. :(

Wasn't Deathlok a villain in the comics? :huh:

I guess bloody hand man/woman will be next seasons villain.

From what I have read about Deathlok, he was a villain turned hero (or anti-hero).

I thought the way they killed Garret in such way was great myself. Clever way of making fun how the villains sometimes comes back in these type of setting.

He wasn't killed by terminator just knocked out.
No, they did say Garrett was dead. Remember he has the Gh325 in him and it brings him back to life, it's what drives him MORE insane than he was normally.

And Deathlok is older than Terminator by the way.

No, they did say Garrett was dead. Remember he has the Gh325 in him and it brings him back to life, it's what drives him MORE insane than he was normally.

And Deathlok is older than Terminator by the way.

They're actually talking about the movie Terminator.

okay lol sounded like they were talking about Garret, still doesn't change the fact Deathlok's older lol

hahaha TEN favorite quotes from the Beginning of the end
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/14...rvels_agents_of_shield_-_beginning_of_the_end

1. "So who do we talk to about getting a haircut?" – Agent Coulson, testing out his new battle cry before going up against a squad of Cybertek soldiers.

2. Simmons: "What's happening?" Fitz: "I spent the last hour trying to figure out why we sank. We're at the bottom of the ocean, in case you missed that bit." – Simmons woke up into a nightmare of a situation.

3. "Backup isn’t coming. It will be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned, but Fury always said a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people that share that conviction can change the world. So what do you say? You ready to change the world?" – Coulson's back at the top of his rallying speech game.

4. Coulson: "Bring the noisemaker?" Trip: "Sir, I bring the noise and the funk wherever I go." – Antoine Triplett: agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., phenomenal wedding DJ?

5. "You know about Skye's parents, about the darkness that lies inside her. I believe in a world where her true nature will reveal itself. And when that day comes, maybe you two could be monsters together." – Raina, playing malicious matchmaker with potential monsters Ward and Skye.

6. "This is a bomb. You know what those do, and you've seen Agent May here through the eyes of your super-soldiers, so you know what she does. You don't want to mess with us, is my point." – Looks like Skye's mastered the art of intimidation.

7. Skye: "I have a weapon much better than a bomb that will absolutely destroy you." Ward: "Why's that?" Skye: "Because you slept with her, and she's really pissed off." – And cue Agent May punching her way into the scene.

8. Coulson: "Sir?" Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge." – To be fair, Nick Fury's dressed like an incredibly cool guy that lives under a bridge.

9. Garrett: "Phil, I'm surprised you even tried to stop me. Of course I don't blame you, Nick. You haven't seen the big picture, the big bang, but Phil here has. We share a bond. We're blood brothers." Fury: "You didn't tell me he'd gone this crazy." Coulson: "He's really stepped it up a notch." – Good to know that everyone, even Ward, is on the same page about Garrett being out of his mind.

10. Fury: "It was a break glass in case of emergency situation." Coulson: "Yes, but that emergency was supposed to be the fall of an Avenger." Fury: "Exactly. And I'm damn glad I did it, too." – Nick Fury explaining why he brought Coulson back to life and paying the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Earth's Mightiest Compliment.

I like the rebuttal to No. 3 from May - "No, I'm ready to kick some ass."

It was a totally cool episode! I hope Season 2 has more about Skye's past. And I really hope she's an Inhuman.

the best stuff was between Fitz and Simmons

I really enjoyed most of the episode but not the exchange when they talk about death. I know they tried to simulate how two analytical scientists would approach the subject but all it did was make the characters seem shallow and seem like limited thinkers to me. Not a mention of faith or what could be beyond? It would have been far better and made the characters far more likeable had they skipped that exchange completely.

I did love her screaming. "NOOOO---" then cut to the silence of the ocean outside as the glass imploded! That was masterful.

It was a totally cool episode! I hope Season 2 has more about Skye's past. And I really hope she's an Inhuman.
Welcome aboard!
Yeah, MOST of the first season dealt MOSTLY with How and Where Phil was brought back to life. Not the mention the effects it can have on some people.

I really enjoyed most of the episode but not the exchange when they talk about death. I know they tried to simulate how two analytical scientists would approach the subject but all it did was make the characters seem shallow and seem like limited thinkers to me. Not a mention of faith or what could be beyond? It would have been far better and made the characters far more likeable had they skipped that exchange completely.

I did love her screaming. "NOOOO---" then cut to the silence of the ocean outside as the glass imploded! That was masterful.

Maybe neither character is religious or believes in he afterlife? I mean Fitz did mention what his Mom thought life after death was like, essentially that you are gone and that is it.

Maybe neither character is religious or believes in he afterlife? I mean Fitz did mention what his Mom thought life after death was like, essentially that you are gone and that is it.

What they clearly described was an afterlife, and a reincarnation cycle. Just not a metaphysical one. I found it a bit silly, but I understand you can't have religion in a sci fi show and the actual scientific 'you die and that's it' doesn't make for good TV either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"