Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

Just a heads up with Ant Man spoilers... the UK (and i believe Europe as a whole) won't get to see the movie for another month because Marvel thinks the World Cup is going to get in the way....
They're oddly probably right in holding it back. I can't fathom by, but many people religiously watch football (I am far from one of them).

Generally, I'd think a Marvel fan would choose the film over a bunch of drama queens kicking a ball around a field, but Disney/Marvel likely want to attract a broader audience with the film release, and so this is their plan to do that. Makes sense, even if it is annoying for those of us that couldn't care less about the sport.

Hey, football and the World Cup are still very big things. Something like that would get in the way. After all, I wager that there's those fans watching the World Cup that don't see the Marvel films and the screaming fans as a priority, so they get to enjoy the tournament and possibly see the film later. A win-win for them.

There's very little reason to spoil Ant-Man in an Agents of SHIELD thread. Some minor continuity comments related to SHIELD as an organization, but that's about it.

If it comes out next week then the WC is over....

Well Ireland has to wait to wait till August 3rd to see Ant Man and the Wasp and as the damn World Cup ends on July 15th, this claim that the delay is due to the World Cup doesn't hold water with me.

Just a heads up with Ant Man spoilers... the UK (and i believe Europe as a whole) won't get to see the movie for another month because Marvel thinks the World Cup is going to get in the way....

Would the World Cup really affect the box office?

seeing as the final is in about 30 minutes... no... but they've decided to postpone it by almost a month over here

It wouldn't affect the box office. claiming the release date delay is due to the World Cup is just an excuse that I don't buy for a second!

Yes. Not got this years viewing figures but 1.2bn people watched the 2014 final with a total audience for the world cup being 3.2bn.

It wouldn't affect the box office. claiming the release date delay is due to the World Cup is just an excuse that I don't buy for a second!

Cinema attendance drops significantly during the World Cup.

People in the UK weren't interested to see Ant-Man during the World Cup, especially when wondering how England would do.

And there's a heatwave in the UK that has been going on for over a month and looks set to continue for the next couple of weeks. People want to be outdoors.

So probably August 3rd worked out ok in the end.

Cinema attendance drops significantly during the World Cup.

Not for Ireland it would have because Ireland wasn't in the damn tournament plus I'd rather go to a cinema to watch a film than watch football.

Hmm, some recent spoiler pics from the next Spider-man movie make me question how it’s going to impact this season, if at all.

For those who want to know

There are set pics of what appears to be Parker wearing a costume similar to the noir look from the comics, but with a prominent SHIELD logo on the chest

Trying to stay away from all that.... not as easy as i thought.

on a related note, glad the Hype is hiding spoiler tags in email notifications now :)

Hmm, some recent spoiler pics from the next Spider-man movie make me question how it’s going to impact this season, if at all.

For those who want to know

There are set pics of what appears to be Parker wearing a costume similar to the noir look from the comics, but with a prominent SHIELD logo on the chest
I can't see how that would affect Season 6, apart from a few references to
Spider-Man now potentially working for SHIELD.

Guys,

Sorry if this topic has been brought before, but can someone confirm if US only got official blu-ray releases for seasons 1 & 2?

I found this DVD set in amazon...

Amazon product... appears to be a US release on DVD... or a bootleg maybe?

Thanks!

Tony

It's a bootleg. AoS has a region free release for seasons 3-5 in the UK, but none of those seasons were released in the US.

Just this morning concerning Ming Na Wen on Fresh off The Boat I was online speculating, for the third season in a row, that season 6 would be the last

Glad to hear that AOS has 2 more seasons coming.
Great News!

Well, that was...unexpected (at least by me). I’m curious to see what they do.

That would be awesome. Maybe somehow get a Constance Wu cameo in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"