Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

They should. lol These showrunners need to get out ahead these networks. Better to end a series early on your own terms. Rather than run the gambit of getting cancelled a season too late.

Well, this will certainly prevent the show from having to directly deal much with the fallout from IW.

I am 100% okay with them starting season 6 after Avengers 4 comes out.

i for one am glad the show will take place after part 4... otherwise it was 100% going to be a cluster to continuity

I love that Disney wont let ABC just cancel this show. Its gotta frustrate the hell out of the ABC executives. :hehe:

I'm a little surprised. I'm sure they'll continue to use those extra episodes to hammer in how perfect daisy is.
Now that another season is guaranteed, I have my theory for this season's ending. (IW spoilers):
After the gang prevents the end of the world and triumphs over the bad guys, it's declared that now SHIELD will return to power, not as an underground group of a dozen or so but a full agency like the old days, but this time without the stink of Hydra underneath. This will set up for SHIELD to be a bigger player in Phase 4 and beyond. However, just as they finish that meeting, half of the main characters...disappear. I've had this in mind for a while but it wouldn't quite make sense to end on a cliffhanger they can't resolve.
[blackout]Anyone taking bets on which Agents are gonna get snaptured in the finale's cliffhanger? My money's on Daisy (re: scarlet's comments :whatever: ) and definitely Fitz or Simmons.[/blackout]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the show is taking a break and wont return until after Avengers 4 inevitably resets things, I'm hoping the showrunners took this opportunity to really let loose and have some fun with the season 5 finale. They could kill a bunch of characters and do some crazy series finale level stuff knowing that Avengers 4 will give them a way to undo some of it.

Since the show is taking a break and wont return until after Avengers 4 inevitably resets things, I'm hoping the showrunners took this opportunity to really let loose and have some fun with the season 5 finale. They could kill a bunch of characters and do some crazy series finale level stuff knowing that Avengers 4 will give them a way to undo some of it.

How can they do this when the season finale airs this week and had already been made before the announcement was given?

If they were still filming, perhaps they could write it in. But hasn't it all wrapped now? They already filmed their finale to be an end to the series if necessary.

How can they do this when the season finale airs this week and had already been made before the announcement was given?

If they were still filming, perhaps they could write it in. But hasn't it all wrapped now? They already filmed their finale to be an end to the series if necessary.

If I recall, they made 2 different season finales (in part), with one being the season finale and the other a series finale. Not that they have to film 2 separate episodes, just a few scenes. If it was going to be a series finale, I was going to hope for them to be smarmy and have the gang in the diner again, and have them talking about things and just abruptly cutting to black a la Sopranos.

I envision the season ending with a shot like this...

tumblr_p8u06tS3VS1v0knj0o1_1280.png

...and then the thing.

If I recall, they made 2 different season finales (in part), with one being the season finale and the other a series finale. Not that they have to film 2 separate episodes, just a few scenes. If it was going to be a series finale, I was going to hope for them to be smarmy and have the gang in the diner again, and have them talking about things and just abruptly cutting to black a la Sopranos.

I mean, they weren't being smarmy, they were showing you Tony getting shot in the head from his perspective.

I never heard the multiple scenes theory, just that the finale was written as if it was the series finale

I envision the season ending with a shot like this...

tumblr_p8u06tS3VS1v0knj0o1_1280.png

...and then the thing.

I mean, they weren't being smarmy, they were showing you Tony getting shot in the head from his perspective.

No they left it ambiguous on purpose to leave it to the audience to decide. Very well done but can't really be done again as it wont have the same effect. For some he was shot, for some he finished his dinner and had a happy ever after, for some it was being left with a what happened. Up to you what you prefer.

Announcements arent always made immediately after decisions are made. The decision to take a break between IW and AV4 could have been made months ago. I really doubt they waited until IW was released and watched the film and just then decided to take a year break. This seems like the sort of thing that would have been worked out and decided during production of season 5.

Last edited:
Announcements arent always made immediately after decisions are made. The decision to take a break between IW and AV4 could have been made months ago. I really doubt they waited until IW was released and watched the film and just then decided to take a year break. This seems like the sort of thing that would have been worked out and decided during production of season 5.

It seems like the cast at least new they were coming back because Chloe Bennet indicated on Twitter that she was finally able to talk about the renewal. So they may have known about next season while filming the finale.

Speculation time.
What if the Snapture happens, Daisy and Mack fade away and Graviton destroys the Earth: cut to black.
The first 10 minutes of season 6 could be what happens when all the agents are present to stop Gravitalbot after the Avengers will have retconned The Snap from happening.
Would people be on board?
I sincerely hope in something else.

Speculation time.
What if the Snapture happens, Daisy and Mack fade away and Graviton destroys the Earth: cut to black.
The first 10 minutes of season 6 could be what happens when all the agents are present to stop Gravitalbot after the Avengers will have retconned The Snap from happening.
Would people be on board?
I sincerely hope in something else.

How can that possibly happen?

If Thanos does the snap and leaves still half the planet alive, that means that if Graviton destroys the planet he will kill everyone else.

That means there will be no Avengers left whatsoever to stop Thanos, because they will all be dead from Graviton. So they can't really go back in time to stop Thanos.

I don't think you can have BOTH the snap and the earth destroyed. There can't be an Avengers 4 that way in order to prevent the snap from happening in the first place.

How can that possibly happen?

If Thanos does the snap and leaves still half the planet alive, that means that if Graviton destroys the planet he will kill everyone else.

That means there will be no Avengers left whatsoever to stop Thanos, because they will all be dead from Graviton. So they can't really go back in time to stop Thanos.

I don't think you can have BOTH the snap and the earth destroyed. There can't be an Avengers 4 that way in order to prevent the snap from happening in the first place.

You're right.
There would realistically be no time between the two events for
the Avengers to discover a mean to time travel, if that is even the way A4 is going.
My bad. :cwink:

I don't think the TV shows have the leeway to do destruction on a global scale. In fact if I had to guess I'd say there was some sort of memo that said they could only get away with stuff like earthquakes and the like, which is why SHIELD, The Defenders and Runaways have ALL gone in that direction in one way or another.

I don't think the TV shows have the leeway to do destruction on a global scale. In fact if I had to guess I'd say there was some sort of memo that said they could only get away with stuff like earthquakes and the like, which is why SHIELD, The Defenders and Runaways have ALL gone in that direction in one way or another.

I doubt there was a memo or any kind of order from Marvel Studios. Not everything needs to be destruction on a global scale, heck a lot Marvel movies don't do that. (Iron Man 1,2,3 Civil War, Homecoming, etc.) I mean Defenders centers on character trying to save their city, so it makes sense to focus on just that city. The scale of the threat is more dependent what's important to the characters, the story, the show's budget, and the audience.

Was kinda of surprised the agents of Shield never went to go work at the Avengers facility. Yes...I know why...but if $$$ wasn't an issue.

Still baffled why the showrunners thinking always tearing FitzSimmons apart is good storytelling.

At this point it is an expected tradition for them to do it even if it is entirely unnecessary.

Still baffled why the showrunners thinking always tearing FitzSimmons apart is good storytelling.

because the actors are really bloody good at doing those scenes.... and it gets the shippers & whatnot talking about the show online, thus generating a buzz on social media and then getting advertisers to the show...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"