Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainWagner Not Today

Bare minimum as in nothing? And then when one positively received image is leaked, you cover it up? Genius marketing right there, folks.

And I am so confused as to what's going on with Tripplet. He's there in the picture with Ming-Na Wen, but is still missing from the promotional material...

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If you're talking about Doom, that wasn't positively received at all.

As for Tripplet, he has a tendency to insert himself into photos or other events as if he's the main man. He did that at the GOTG premiere, as if he's the star of AOS.

3. kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think he meant the leaked image of the Thing, which was fairly well received IIRC.

4. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

With all the focus on Coulson's Kree connection, I had completely forgotten that SHIELD are effectively fugitives at this point. So much cool content to come this season :)

Also, I prefer very little promo stuff, makes the episodes feel fresh

5. Mike Murdock Registered

As far as comparing it to The Fantastic Four. We've gotten a trailer, we know about four or five new characters (Mockingbird, Absorbing Man, Lucy Lawless, Kraken, and one more I'm drawing a blank on). We don't have any episode synopses yet, but they usually only came out a couple weeks in advance anyway. To me, that's a solid amount of information. I'm not really sure Arrow has released more. Fantastic Four is a year away, so it's almost unfair to them to make that comparison. But the Apples to Apples comparison of Arrow to Agents of SHIELD seems comparable to me.

6. Lilbaz Registered

D you really want to read the synopses? I'd prefer to watch it fresh and be surprised.

7. Alex_Kidd Registered

You know, you're right with promos and trailers but some promotional photoes, the cast oh the season, something catchy like the character posters and stuff... Marvel is always so great in this and this makes me nervous. Even the news abiut the writers makes me meh: a team of assistents and "perfect strangers" is not a great things, the directors even not mentioned... I don't know... I'm worried

8. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Season 2 synopsis from ABC

(possible spoiler...ish stuff (i.e. what Fitz's status is at the beginning of the season))
    http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/showpage.aspx?program_id=003707&type=lead

9. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

must... not.. read..

10. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

the team gets another boring pretty white boy

yayyyyyyyyyy
    :whatever:

why no mention of Tripp, marvel, wtf?!

11. hoy-small-fry It's a dance-off bro!

No mention of Tripp makes me think he's getting the boot early on :(

12. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Interesting...

I don't think he gets the boot this soon Hoy

13. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

It's *possible* that due to other commitments BJ might have that he'll simply remain a (recurring) guest character at this point, and as such doesn't get mentioned on press releases that are only really listing the regular cast.

If that makes sense. Just my take on it.... for now.

14. SlamAdams Registered

Still no signs of Agent Triplett. Seriously, if they leave BJ Britt out of season 2, they are making a huge mistake. He never had a big Walter White/Don Draper moment to put on an Emmy reel, but he did things that the people running AoS have been taking for granted. Like actually having chemistry with his fellow cast members! Or delivering expository and small-talk dialog without feeling like he was reading cue cards! Or generally finding a good rhythm to the overly cutesy Whedon-fanfic level writing!

15. SlamAdams Registered

Hope so.

16. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

20 days away. Very stoked for season 2. It will be interesting to see how they handle being able to come out the gates swinging as opposed to having to wait till the middle of the season to go balls out. If the last few episodes are any indication I think most of us should be very pleased

17. iambranded Registered

no he's still a part of SHIELD..... i think he has a couple other shows hes doing outside of working on AoS
    Hell be recurring......thats my guess

18. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Going off that, it sounds like they aren't *technically* fugitives anymore. They just have no official backing or sanctioning, and are distrusted by the authorities. They can engage in vigilante heroism like any other super hero, except everyone gives them the stink eye, and their ability to get official support is extremely low.

19. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well damn, I enjoyed Trip.

:more: hehehe made these too :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. coluanprime Registered

It also appears that Nick Blood has joined the regular cast.
    Not really, Arrow is already releasing stills and we still haven't gotten a full length trailer for the season. We also still no episode titles whatsoever.

21. Vartha Mod of Thunder

yeah we did, it just came out

[YT]PahISq6DKws[/YT]

22. Mike Murdock Registered

I think he was careful to say full length trailer while that's a teaser trailer. Why we need a full length trailer for a television show, I don't know, but I agree that we haven't gotten one.

Even last season, we were usually only a couple episodes ahead when it came to episode titles. I agree it's surprising we don't have the first couple episode titles, though.

23. Lilbaz Registered

Nice. Got some very creative people on here. Did you make them just for personal enjoyment?

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Pretty much yeah. That set came with the Phase 2 Avengers case, long with some Files and along with other goodies too.
    I wasn't abut o buy that phase 2 set when I already had all the movies. Someone had posted both sides of the cards and I just now got around to making my own

25. Hunter Rider Ronin

New hairstyle, big gun.....Skye is ready for season 2! :woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.