Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Trank and Fox have taken over the production and are extending their policy of releasing the bare minimum. :p

Bare minimum as in nothing? And then when one positively received image is leaked, you cover it up? Genius marketing right there, folks.

And I am so confused as to what's going on with Tripplet. He's there in the picture with Ming-Na Wen, but is still missing from the promotional material...

Bare minimum as in nothing? And then when one positively received image is leaked, you cover it up? Genius marketing right there, folks.

And I am so confused as to what's going on with Tripplet. He's there in the picture with Ming-Na Wen, but is still missing from the promotional material...

If you're talking about Doom, that wasn't positively received at all.

As for Tripplet, he has a tendency to insert himself into photos or other events as if he's the main man. He did that at the GOTG premiere, as if he's the star of AOS.

With all the focus on Coulson's Kree connection, I had completely forgotten that SHIELD are effectively fugitives at this point. So much cool content to come this season :)

Also, I prefer very little promo stuff, makes the episodes feel fresh

As far as comparing it to The Fantastic Four. We've gotten a trailer, we know about four or five new characters (Mockingbird, Absorbing Man, Lucy Lawless, Kraken, and one more I'm drawing a blank on). We don't have any episode synopses yet, but they usually only came out a couple weeks in advance anyway. To me, that's a solid amount of information. I'm not really sure Arrow has released more. Fantastic Four is a year away, so it's almost unfair to them to make that comparison. But the Apples to Apples comparison of Arrow to Agents of SHIELD seems comparable to me.

D you really want to read the synopses? I'd prefer to watch it fresh and be surprised.

As far as comparing it to The Fantastic Four. We've gotten a trailer, we know about four or five new characters (Mockingbird, Absorbing Man, Lucy Lawless, Kraken, and one more I'm drawing a blank on). We don't have any episode synopses yet, but they usually only came out a couple weeks in advance anyway. To me, that's a solid amount of information. I'm not really sure Arrow has released more. Fantastic Four is a year away, so it's almost unfair to them to make that comparison. But the Apples to Apples comparison of Arrow to Agents of SHIELD seems comparable to me.

You know, you're right with promos and trailers but some promotional photoes, the cast oh the season, something catchy like the character posters and stuff... Marvel is always so great in this and this makes me nervous. Even the news abiut the writers makes me meh: a team of assistents and "perfect strangers" is not a great things, the directors even not mentioned... I don't know... I'm worried

Season 2 synopsis from ABC

(possible spoiler...ish stuff (i.e. what Fitz's status is at the beginning of the season))
http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/showpage.aspx?program_id=003707&type=lead

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns for a dynamic, action-packed second season, with newly appointed Director Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) - now the keeper of the secrets -- charged with rebuilding and restoring government and public trust in S.H.I.E.L.D. in the wake of the events of "Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier," where it was revealed evil Hydra agents had infiltrated the organization.

Ever since the existence of super heroes and aliens became public knowledge after the Battle of New York, the world has been trying to come to grips with this new reality. Agent Phil Coulson, who had died at the hands of Loki during the battle, was resuscitated and brought back into action, assembling a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division). S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mission: to protect those who cannot protect themselves from threats they cannot conceive.

But the biggest threat was growing from within, as S.H.I.E.L.D.'s old enemy, Hydra - a dangerous extremist group Captain America fought against in World War II - had secretly infiltrated and infected the organization at the highest levels. Once revealed to the public, S.H.I.E.L.D., including Coulson and his team, was discredited and made to look like the enemy. The world now views S.H.I.E.L.D. as untrustworthy, and it's Coulson's job to change that opinion.

After helping to thwart Hydra, Coulson was appointed as Director and tasked with rebuilding the agency. This won't be an easy job to accomplish with the majority of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents either killed, secretly working for Hydra or free agents. Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen), expert pilot, martial artist and longtime friend, will continue to look after Coulson in the wake of the mysterious etchings he's been carving into walls. What do these etchings mean, and can Coulson be trusted? Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, was found to be a Hydra mole and a traitor to S.H.I.E.L.D. and locked up away from the world and his former teammates. But this isn't the last we've seen of him... After being left to die in the middle of the ocean by Ward, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker), brilliant engineer, and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), genius bio-chemist, found a way to escape their watery grave. But all did not go well for Fitz, who was left in a coma and may never regain his full cognitive functions; a devastating blow to Simmons. And computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet), now a full-fledged S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, discovered her origins as a 0-8-4 -- an object of unknown origin - and that her parents were considered "monsters." Could Skye have darkness lying dormant inside of her? Also joining Coulson's core team is Lance Hunter (Nick Blood), a dashing mercenary sharp shooter with a quick wit. Since he didn't rise up through the ranks, does he have an ulterior motive for helping out the team?

Who can Coulson trust?

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television, and is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

the team gets another boring pretty white boy

yayyyyyyyyyy
:whatever:

why no mention of Tripp, marvel, wtf?!

No mention of Tripp makes me think he's getting the boot early on :(

Interesting...

I don't think he gets the boot this soon Hoy

It's *possible* that due to other commitments BJ might have that he'll simply remain a (recurring) guest character at this point, and as such doesn't get mentioned on press releases that are only really listing the regular cast.

If that makes sense. Just my take on it.... for now.

Still no signs of Agent Triplett. Seriously, if they leave BJ Britt out of season 2, they are making a huge mistake. He never had a big Walter White/Don Draper moment to put on an Emmy reel, but he did things that the people running AoS have been taking for granted. Like actually having chemistry with his fellow cast members! Or delivering expository and small-talk dialog without feeling like he was reading cue cards! Or generally finding a good rhythm to the overly cutesy Whedon-fanfic level writing!

It's *possible* that due to other commitments BJ might have that he'll simply remain a (recurring) guest character at this point, and as such doesn't get mentioned on press releases that are only really listing the regular cast.

If that makes sense. Just my take on it.... for now.

Hope so.

20 days away. Very stoked for season 2. It will be interesting to see how they handle being able to come out the gates swinging as opposed to having to wait till the middle of the season to go balls out. If the last few episodes are any indication I think most of us should be very pleased

Still no signs of Agent Triplett. Seriously, if they leave BJ Britt out of season 2, they are making a huge mistake. He never had a big Walter White/Don Draper moment to put on an Emmy reel, but he did things that the people running AoS have been taking for granted. Like actually having chemistry with his fellow cast members! Or delivering expository and small-talk dialog without feeling like he was reading cue cards! Or generally finding a good rhythm to the overly cutesy Whedon-fanfic level writing!

no he's still a part of SHIELD..... i think he has a couple other shows hes doing outside of working on AoS
Hell be recurring......thats my guess

Going off that, it sounds like they aren't *technically* fugitives anymore. They just have no official backing or sanctioning, and are distrusted by the authorities. They can engage in vigilante heroism like any other super hero, except everyone gives them the stink eye, and their ability to get official support is extremely low.

Well damn, I enjoyed Trip.

:more: hehehe made these too :D
tLx56Cu.jpg

7x2PrGF.jpg

It also appears that Nick Blood has joined the regular cast.
Not really, Arrow is already releasing stills and we still haven't gotten a full length trailer for the season. We also still no episode titles whatsoever.

yeah we did, it just came out

[YT]PahISq6DKws[/YT]

I think he was careful to say full length trailer while that's a teaser trailer. Why we need a full length trailer for a television show, I don't know, but I agree that we haven't gotten one.

Even last season, we were usually only a couple episodes ahead when it came to episode titles. I agree it's surprising we don't have the first couple episode titles, though.

Nice. Got some very creative people on here. Did you make them just for personal enjoyment?
Pretty much yeah. That set came with the Phase 2 Avengers case, long with some Files and along with other goodies too.
I wasn't abut o buy that phase 2 set when I already had all the movies. Someone had posted both sides of the cards and I just now got around to making my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"