Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The name drops come across as just that: name drops. It's like people in real life who name drop others who are more popular than them. Sometimes they don't even know that person that well, but want to sound more connected, and anyone listening to them who don't know how well you really know the person might think you are on their inner circle.

Coulson is really the only one who actually knows Thor from the agents of SHIELD. Even then, he knows him less now than some of the Avengers, since Coulson wasn't around in the final battle of New York and when they all went for Schwarma afterwards.

As for Sif, how much did she really know Coulson from Thor 1? Sif only really came down to earth at the end during the battle with the Destroyer and around that time. Did she really have that much contact with him? And yet she herself was surprised that Coulson was still alive. Even if Thor mentioned it to her, would it have really meant that much to her, since he would've been one of many SHIELD agents there?

2. fixxxer ...goes to 11

I get what Silvermoon is saying, but counter-intuitively, I also get what Joiner is saying. For some reason many of the Avengers/MCU references seemed inauthentic... more so in the early episodes. It seemed like they wanted to hammer home the fact that AOS was set in the Avengers universe to the audience rather than letting the references come up organically.

Then again, that's more of a writing issue than a "we get it... stop namedropping the Avengers already" issue. Especially initially, I thought Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen's inexperience really showed when it came to tackling something of this scale. I'm not saying they're untalented hacks or anything and they did improve considerably over time.

While they're obviously not close to the Davids (Simon, Chase and Milch), Vince Gilligans, Matt Weiners, etc. of the showrunner world, like I said, they showed considerable improvement over the course of the season, and I believe this bodes well for a stronger sophomore season.

3. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

My guess regarding her reaction is that when Thor told his friends of what happened on Earth during Avengers - which we know happened because she says as much in the episode, that Thor had said he'd perished at the hand of Loki - he may have done it in grand Viking/Asgardian style praising Coulson's bravery in standing against Loki and urging all to raise a tankard of ale in his name type of thing. So it maybe wasn't so much that it meant that much to Sif due to her own personal experiences with Coulson, but more that it meant so much to her due to knowing the high regard that Thor had/has for Coulson.

If that makes sense (it's Tuesday.... but I've got Monday brain, joys of a long weekend *lol*)

4. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That sounds a plausible explanation.

5. Vartha Mod of Thunder

made these this weekend.
    Yes the Safety sheet has but sides. Can't figure out why the blueprint turned out so yellow.
    [​IMG]

6. Dr. Evil Registered

There's something you don't see everyday, a Yellowprint.

7. just one thing Registered

yeah thats reasonable. If hydra figure out he is giving information presumably an organisation like that has reach and potential for a hanging from a light bulb in the prison cell scenario, which creates dynamic. but what was good about ward in season 1 was that they took someone who on face value seemed so predictable and turned it. Unfair to expect them to do that every season, totally agree later in the season is the big 'who knows' for this character could fade into insignificance or not.

Is season 2 taking off right after the events in season 1 or is there a jump in time?

8. Dr. Evil Registered

If there's a jump in time, I would think that it would be a few months

9. just one thing Registered

Maybe someone believes they have a candidate for project T.A.H.I.T.I. or is pissed that it was blown up and becomes a bit of an issue.

10. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I don't think it's been stated officially yet. Personally I'm assuming that there's probably a 'jump in time' of a couple months or so.

11. just one thing Registered

sound that skye haircut and business suit dress sense will needs some context i think or it could be like that kid in family ties.

12. HunBoy Captain Hungary

Boom boom headshot!

[​IMG]

13. just one thing Registered

thanks for that, seems to be the general concurrences. Suppose like any new management, last few months doing stock takes and figuring where you are at and all that.

14. kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

So what about Deathlok? I imagine that he will return in some capacity (probably just an episode or two where they run into him). I'd really like him to look beat to hell, like he'd been through some rough stuff while he was gone (skin missing on his face to reveal the metal underneath, etc.).

EDIT: Here's a quick mock-up I did of what Peterson would look like with the metal exposed...
    [​IMG]

#939 kaijunexus, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  15. Dr. Evil Registered

Hopefully they upgrade Deathlok's suit.

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Yeah, he needs the laser tag gun now and also the lights to show when he's been hit.

17. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

18. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

To go along with this image, TVLine also had the following little blurb (I don't think it's been posted yet - sorry if it has)

19. Lilbaz Registered

Sorry meant Ward.

20. Specter313 Ghost of all things X

This:

21. David_99 Cap'nCanuck

My guess, he'll probably be put on a slow path of redemption (with a few bumps along the way) then the second we actually start to route for him, Hydra will break him out, give him powers and turn him bad again.

22. coluanprime Registered

Does anyone know why we still know so little? Arrow and Flash which start 2 weeks later have given us a full teaser + a promo and episode titles through ep 6 and a synopsis.

23. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Josh Trank and Fox have taken over the production and are extending their policy of releasing the bare minimum. :p

24. Vartha Mod of Thunder

:more:
    [​IMG]

#949 Vartha, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  25. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Reminds me of an old Heat copier I had. instead of ink it was Thermal paper lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.