Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They even admit in the series that they didn't flesh out the characters. Skye's real name being Mary Sue and her making a joke out of Wade being boring.

I watched it and will watch next season. But they could have done better. Wasn't there a rumour that they had to rewrite the first few episodes?

I don't want to keep having a go at the series because I really hope that it will work and see some promising signs, but they must do better.

oh i agree....they couldve done better....but i think maybe the last 10-15 episodes were way more entertaining....this season...the shackles are somewhat off now.....and it should make one of the best seasons of television......if done right

oh i agree....they couldve done better....but i think maybe the last 10-15 episodes were way more entertaining....this season...the shackles are somewhat off now.....and it should make one of the best seasons of television......if done right

Agree with that. I just think they have a great opportunity and should make the most of it.

I still have to watch the last two episodes of this show... Is the season finale worth it?

k... I'll watch it right after Im done watching Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Shame you hadn't watched The Winter Soldier after The End of the Beginning, but, yes, watch it first and then go back. It'll be more fun that way.

Oh I've seen CA:TWS before... and the last episode I watched was the one with Maria Hill.

They were limited by the films but that has nothing to do with what they could have done with the characters.

They even admit in the series that they didn't flesh out the characters. Skye's real name being Mary Sue and her making a joke out of Wade being boring. Fitz and Simmons are trying to be the comic relief but are just not funny.

I watched it and will watch next season. But they could have done better. Wasn't there a rumour that they had to rewrite the first few episodes?

I don't want to keep having a go at the series because I really hope that it will work and see some promising signs, but they must do better.

Not a glowing endorsement of Brian Patrick Wade, the Absorbing Man then?

the writing wasnt a bit poor..i think it was more so what they had to work with.....remember...show started with so many unknowns....they had time to develop....the best thing that happened to this show was Cap 2 and the dysfunction of SHIELD......brought out the best in this 1st season....now this season can stand on their own....and blend into the universe on their own

I don't buy for a second the show needed time to develop. There are very few to none things set up in the first half that pay off in the second. It's not like the show suddenly got good due to the way they wrote the first half. The show suddenly got good because it simply had better writing IMO. And despite how long it takes for a show to find its true legs, every show has to keep you captivated from the very beginning.

Ironically, I think the biggest thing this show had going against it was the biggest thing it had going for it: it was a tie-in to the third highest-grossing film of all time.

At least with something like Arrow, which was off to a bad start too, it was practically unknown to mainstream audiences in its early days. It had a cult following of some comic book fans and the young teen CW demographic. Then by the time it was brought to the public consciousness, it already found its legs.

SHIELD was the exact opposite. Everyone and their grandma knew there was an MCU spinoff series and gave the first episode 12 million views (what Breaking Bad finished with). It was in the public consciousness from the very beginning, and the mainstream audience's first impression was formulated on the basis of those first 10 episodes.

It really is a bummer, because I think the show is at a point where higher ratings are deserved. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever hit that $12 million peak again. It'll still have good ratings and a decent following, but in terms of being the Marvel show? Not a chance. Or at best, an extremely unlikely chance.

I understand they were restrained by what they could reveal or even the fact they didn't know what was going to happen in the films. But I think that the writing was a bit poor. The characters were a bit one dimensional. Fitz and Simmons were meant to be a bit of comic relief but just weren't that funny.
The series did get better, I just think it could do better. As I said make us care about them and what happens. Think Person of Interest is far superior. I know that it's not aimed at kids. But on a lower budget it manages to draw you in more than AOS. Did hear the rumours that the first few episodes of AOS had to be re written as they thought they were crap. Hopefully they've learned their lessons and get into stride for season 2.

i'd like fitz not to be brain damaged so maybe they where successful in making some of us care, i didn't like him at the start but since the episode where he and ward went into the field alone not going to be a ponse here but yeah what ever character works i think, if he is out of action for the benefit of the plot would take it, won't be happy with it but any way think in some instances they did well on character attachment or what ever . didn't like ward at the start but the whole being a tout twist worked i think. If they can make that character relevant in season 2 will be fairly impressed, am all ready but think that will be a difficult one.

no films coming out during this series any chance of something related to the stuff on netflix out in may i think or will there be corporate issues.

Okay so I took the time to watch the last two episodes and the very last scene with coulson had me scratching my head... hmmm.

Loved Fury in the last episode especially his last scene when Phil asks if he'll ever see him again. Love the part when Fury partly slides his glasses down and says "I'll be everywhere..." or something like that. :)

I didn't like ward at the start but the whole being a tout twist worked i think. If they can make that character relevant in season 2 will be fairly impressed, am all ready but think that will be a difficult one.

I have a feeling, in the beginning, he will be used as a "Hannibal Lector" type, helping them on their missions from behind bars. By the end of the season, who knows?

I have a feeling, in the beginning, he will be used as a "Hannibal Lector" type, helping them on their missions from behind bars. By the end of the season, who knows?

Good thinking, that would be a great use of Ward. I don't know how much info he really has about Hydra as a whole, but he should have plenty of valuable insight from being Garrett's right hand man during the fall of Shield. The question is, what's his incentive to talk?

I don't buy for a second the show needed time to develop. There are very few to none things set up in the first half that pay off in the second. It's not like the show suddenly got good due to the way they wrote the first half. The show suddenly got good because it simply had better writing IMO. And despite how long it takes for a show to find its true legs, every show has to keep you captivated from the very beginning.

Ironically, I think the biggest thing this show had going against it was the biggest thing it had going for it: it was a tie-in to the third highest-grossing film of all time.

At least with something like Arrow, which was off to a bad start too, it was practically unknown to mainstream audiences in its early days. It had a cult following of some comic book fans and the young teen CW demographic. Then by the time it was brought to the public consciousness, it already found its legs.

SHIELD was the exact opposite. Everyone and their grandma knew there was an MCU spinoff series and gave the first episode 12 million views (what Breaking Bad finished with). It was in the public consciousness from the very beginning, and the mainstream audience's first impression was formulated on the basis of those first 10 episodes.

It really is a bummer, because I think the show is at a point where higher ratings are deserved. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever hit that $12 million peak again. It'll still have good ratings and a decent following, but in terms of being the Marvel show? Not a chance. Or at best, an extremely unlikely chance.

What season of every television show of a mainstream network was captivating from the very beginning???? Not many...few and far between....
Understand the fact that some of their hands were tied due to the Marvel Movies, and the tie in's....was it perfect? No.....but it wasn't so God awful I needed to turn off the television.....they were good...not great....and as the season and characters progressed....it got great with more room to grow.....

Good thinking, that would be a great use of Ward. I don't know how much info he really has about Hydra as a whole, but he should have plenty of valuable insight from being Garrett's right hand man during the fall of Shield. The question is, what's his incentive to talk?

yeah.... i mean Hydra was the bigger threat, and Ward was someones lap dog....
It will be interesting to see how they use him....
I mean i can see Culson organizing a Thunderbolts program using Donnie aka Blizzard, and a couple other "re formed" Criminals and having Ward controlled to a certain degree to carry out some Black Op's missions

To the bolded, haha. I love how you say this as if it is a fact or something. Everyshow has to keep you captivated from the beginning? Rightttttt. So if the first episode from the very beginning doesn't captivate you that's it? Write the show off and stop watching? Do you know how many shows out there aren't captivating from the very beginning? Come on now.

Or maybe not Hannibal but Raymond Reddington from the Blacklist. And maybe Skye is the only one he'll talk to, just like Lizzie in that series too. Dalton could get some tips from James Spader.

Question about the promo teaser trailer...is the hand that has blood and hair on it belongs to who I think it is??

Question about the promo teaser trailer...is the hand that has blood and hair on it belongs to who I think it is??

Have you seen season 1 yet? I'll tag it just in case, but it's [blackout]Victoria Hand.[/blackout]

I hated this show...Honest answer. I love Firefly and Joss Whedon's tv projects. Also he is amazing on the Avengers. This was just a terrible show.

Cannot stand Skye and some of the characters

yes...and I know who she was but why show her in the promo?

Possibly because of her connection to a newly introduced character, namely Isabelle Hartley (portrayed by Lucy Lawless)? Or simply to reiterate a major season 1 event?

If it's the same promo I saw. They showed her hand just as Coulson said "Those we've lost." and she's the biggest person that we've lost.

I want them to drop the Avengers references this season.

Skye and May talk as if they personally know Thor or something. It's annoying. IMO the name drops are too casual. Sounds as if they really are talking about comic book characters.

I want them to drop the Avengers references this season.

Skye and May talk as if they personally know Thor or something. It's annoying. IMO the name drops are too casual. Sounds as if they really are talking about comic book characters.
Eh... it didn't come across that way to me. If anything, it came across more that they *want* to know Thor more personally.............. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, personally I'm fine with the name drops and the Avengers references. To me it would seem odd *not* to have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"