• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they got her to do the voice over, it means she was on set at some point. Could've been a one day thing.

The first item in that EW article really intrigues (and concerns) me:

1. The pilot hints at how mild-mannered kick-ass bureaucrat Agent Coulson (Clarke Gregg) was resurrected to lead the team after being killed off in The Avengers (his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues say he must “never know the truth” about his death). Yet you’ll have to keep watching to learn the full story. “We can’t wait to pull the curtain back on that,” says co-creator Jed Whedon. “[But] we’re going to take our time.”

What on earth could that mean? It sounds ominous. Did Fury sacrifice goats to Dormammu or sell Phil's soul to Mephisto or something? :eek:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/11/shield-comic-con/#disqus_thread

That definitely seems like it takes any cheapness away from his resurrection. Coulson lives for reasons beyond fan demand.

2. The S.H.I.E.L.D. story will work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming. In fact, the first episode will pick up a storyline that’s familiar from one of the Marvel hits — and it’s not The Avengers. “We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends,” says Jed Whedon, who points out the trick is to make the audience not ask a certain fanboy-bar-fight-style question: “In any of these [episodes], you can always ask: ‘Why don’t they just call Iron Man?’” Yeah, that would be annoying! So our next question is: Why don’t they just call Iron Man? “They are aware of each other,” Whedon says of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the metal-suited Malibu playboy, “but they do have to have their own lives.”

This is interesting to me. I wonder what storyline they are talking about here. My guess would be either something Justin Hammer related or AIM related, though I could possibly see following-up on the Leader.

This is interesting to me. I wonder what storyline they are talking about here. My guess would be either something Justin Hammer related or AIM related, though I could possibly see following-up on the Leader.

I've always said that a lot of the visual fx in the trailer look *very* similar to the stuff we saw from Extremis in IM3.

I've always said that a lot of the visual fx in the trailer look *very* similar to the stuff we saw from Extremis in IM3.

It makes the most sense really. The show is debuting shortly after IM3, which was hugely successful plus there is a lot that could be done with AIM in this type of format.

That was cute! Gifs from that video have made the rounds on Tumblr, with about 8,000 reblogs. Clark Gregg has quite a following there and his Captain America winks don't hurt matters.

tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo1_250.gif
tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo2_250.gif

tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo3_250.gif
tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo4_250.gif

tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo5_250.gif
tumblr_mpswfnhPD11qzlt9yo6_250.gif

tumblr_inline_mpsx080mch1qz4rgp.gif

:awesome:

DAT BEAR MCCREARY!!! :eek::up:

It speaks to his talent that this is the most excited I've been about the series so far.
YEEEESSSSSSS! And ditto. This is the most exciting thing I've read about this show since the announcement that it was actually happening, tbh. I love his BSG scores so, so much, and I don't feel like The Walking Dead is using him as much as they could, so hopefully SHIELD will. This show could now easily have my favorite score in the entire MCU, haha.

YEEEESSSSSSS! And ditto. This is the most exciting thing I've read about this show since the announcement that it was actually happening, tbh. I love his BSG scores so, so much, and I don't feel like The Walking Dead is using him as much as they could, so hopefully SHIELD will. This show could now easily have my favorite score in the entire MCU, haha.
I think that was actually Frank Darabont's intention when they first cast him. I seem to recall either him or Bear saying something about only using music sparsely and not interrupting the quiet/silent moments. I was like "then you shouldn't have chosen someone so awesome."

Season three is when I think they actually started using him to good effect.

HOT DAMN. I love Bear's music. Can't freaking wait.

The first item in that EW article really intrigues (and concerns) me:

What on earth could that mean? It sounds ominous. Did Fury sacrifice goats to Dormammu or sell Phil's soul to Mephisto or something? :eek:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/11/shield-comic-con/#disqus_thread
That sounds like it cements my pet theory about Agents of SHIELD's Coulson being an LMD. His knowing that the real Coulson actually died in Avengers would send him spiraling down a rabbit hole concerning the nature of his existence and whether he's the real deal or the real Coulson's soul died with his fleshy body or what. But, as I said, that's my personal favorite of the running theories anyway, so I'm obviously biased.

What would be the purpose of him being an LMD, though? Fury would likely keep his existence a secret from the Avengers, since it would out him as even more of a liar than they already thought he was. It's not like SHIELD would crumble if he didn't show up to work one day. Why would Fury do it?

I think that was actually Frank Darabont's intention when they first cast him. I seem to recall either him or Bear saying something about only using music sparsely and not interrupting the quiet/silent moments. I was like "then you shouldn't have chosen someone so awesome."

Season three is when I think they actually started using him to good effect.
Basically this. And yeah, he had some good moments in S3, but I just want MOOOORE! Hopefully SHIELD can satisfy that craving now.

BSG is one of my all time favorite TV scores, so I squeed when I read he was going to be scoring this series.

LOVE BEAR!!

POUNDY DRUMS!!

That sounds like it cements my pet theory about Agents of SHIELD's Coulson being an LMD. His knowing that the real Coulson actually died in Avengers would send him spiraling down a rabbit hole concerning the nature of his existence and whether he's the real deal or the real Coulson's soul died with his fleshy body or what. But, as I said, that's my personal favorite of the running theories anyway, so I'm obviously biased.
I would have it the other way around, when Fury called maybe something Fury says is a signal to Coulson and Coulson went to the Locker for the Destroyer gun, that he also activated the LMD since it was untested tech.

Tho I'm still lovin' that other rumor of Phil volunteering for the Super soldier testing at somepoint in the past before Cap was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"