• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I'm doing on 9/24...

That's a lot sooner than I thought. :up: Do we know how many episodes the first season is?

I think the show gets half a season to start (13 episodes) and will be renewed for a full season if the ratings are high enough.

First review is up from poptimal.com. 9/10

Whedon returns to the Marvel Cinematic Universe looking for another hit with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Whedon has managed to deliver one of the best pilots of the fall season. With a strong cast and smart script, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. delivers a smart, action-packed thrill ride

detailed review at the link. Spoilers and tells who J August is playing

http://poptimal.com/2013/07/19/marvel-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot-review/

So Cobie Smulders is in the pilot definitely.

Never heard or read about J Augusts character.

Yeah. There's no way that [BLACKOUT]Michael Peterson is a reference to Slapstick's friend in the comics[/BLACKOUT].

It's fairly obvious that they have opted to [BLACKOUT]create a new non-comic hero for the pilot[/BLACKOUT] so as not to take the focus away from the core SHIELD team cast members.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure we'll be getting tons of [BLACKOUT]Marvel comic characters brought to life[/BLACKOUT] in future episodes!

After seeing the trailer I gotta say this looks pretty bad. Nothing sold me on it... Maybe if they bring in more well known villains like Taskmaster I'll watch it, but I'm definitely not tuning in for the first episode.

I'm excited for what this show could do and how it could expand the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

So [BLACKOUT]J. August Richards is essentially a plot device to introduce the series.[/BLACKOUT] I'm okay with that, [BLACKOUT]because they probably didn't want to cheapen an existing character just for plot purposes.[/BLACKOUT]

After seeing the trailer I gotta say this looks pretty bad. Nothing sold me on it... Maybe if they bring in more well known villains like Taskmaster I'll watch it, but I'm definitely not tuning in for the first episode.

I'm excited for what this show could do and how it could expand the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Ummmm... Why not just tune in to the first episode to see how you like it? Judging by a trailer is never a good idea, and it's not like you have to pay to watch an episode of a tv show.

Yeah. There's no way that [BLACKOUT]Michael Peterson is a reference to Slapstick's friend in the comics[/BLACKOUT].

It's fairly obvious that they have opted to [BLACKOUT]create a new non-comic hero for the pilot[/BLACKOUT] so as not to take the focus away from the core SHIELD team cast members.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure we'll be getting tons of [BLACKOUT]Marvel comic characters brought to life[/BLACKOUT] in future episodes!

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he *is* supposed to be the comic book character of that name. The character's got definite links to The New Warriors, including Rage, who a lot of people guessed he might be playing.

shield_cobie_smulders_a_l.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cobie-smulders-comic-con-shield-583195

Agent Hill confirmed. And pilot supposedly about to screen...

UPD: And the theme tune is playing around the Marvel booth apparently?

Is this the part where I hand out a handful of "TOLDJA!!!"s to the people saying that wasn't her in that promo? :o

She's kinda busy doing movies and How I Met your Mother.

Also that's not her.
I don't think its her. If its a secret they wouldn't have put the scene in the promo. If its not a secret they'd use it as part of the marketing (AVENGER STAR IN PILOT!) Guys, they're not going to do hidden cameos in a series premiere. They want people to watch the show.
She could, and she probably will, but it's not her. Look closer.

tumblr_mp6h9z4aH61sqzvkpo1_500.gif

Pilot is currently being shown at the con.. great reactions on twitter

Noooo. She has long hair? :(
The short hair is Maria Hill's defining physical feature.

Who's the asian woman behind Joss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"