Alice in Wonderland 2

It's doing worse than Tommorowland.

Last edited:
I don't know if I believe that the abuse allegations hurt the film because it was tracking poorly before that ugly stuff came out. I thought it would come in under tracking before Depp's bad week started.

Last edited:
The fatigue for Depp as a movie star has been going on for the last few years really. Pirates 4 also underperformed in the states.

Speaking of BO, X-Men's performence is a disappointment.

What's interesting is that when there's an X-Men movie without Wolverine, it doesn't do that well. It merely does okay.

But then Wolverine has a solo film, it does merely okay. Not horrible but not Deadpool money.

It also doesn't help that he's doing a similar, quirky, slathered in make-up/funny hat performance in all of these big films.

The fatigue for Depp as a movie star has been going on for the last few years really. Pirates 4 also underperformed in the states.

fatigue of depp as movie star didnt happen. But fatigue of deep as make up clown guy doing same wacky roles over and over did happen. Guy seems just dont care anymore, the more wacky role is, he will take it. I personally think guy is a addict and has a serious problem.

From Mad Hater to Tonto to Wonka, it's all variations of Jack Sparrow. There is even some Sparrow in The Tourist, one of the worst movies I've seen.

Black Mass was a failed Oscar bait movie that came out last year. He can't even do naked Oscar bait right.

^and he still had white make up in that
Yep, he looked freakish in Black Mass as well. I was fooled for a moment but I didn't see the film after I realized he was doing a toned down version of the same shtick.

I actually thought he was pretty great in Black Mass. The only thing I didn't like about the movie were those freaky blue contacts they gave him. It looked like lightning was going to shoot out of his eyes.

From Mad Hater to Tonto to Wonka, it's all variations of Jack Sparrow. There is even some Sparrow in The Tourist, one of the worst movies I've seen.

Ugh... yeah, The Tourist was f***ing atrocious. It's a wonder that script got greenlit. Even by today's standards, that script was garbage. Especially the "plot twists". God, what a pile of crap.

Am I dreaming or something, because I seem to remember that Black Mass was a legit great performance from Depp. :huh:

Last edited:
^he was very good in the role alot better than acouple who got nominated imo

proud of SHH members. noone saw the movie. thumbs up.

Last edited:
Well, I did theatre hop into it yesterday after seeing XMen again, but didn't stay. :o

The blue contacts in Black Mass where to try and mimic Whitey Bulger's famous (or infamous depending on who you ask) piercing (to the point of being creepy) blue eyes.

I thought it worked pretty well. They're a distinct part of Bulger and his character so there's no reason why they wouldn't include it. I've never seen Depp creepier. That scene when he threatens the wife was genuinely unnerving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"