Alice in Wonderland 2

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
Looks like Disney is making Alice in Wonderland 2 a big priority right now. Johnny Depp is close to signing a deal to reprise his role as The Mad Hatter in the sequel, which is being penned by Linda Woolverton again.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106427

Tim Burton won't be returning to direct, but Muppets director James Bobin will replace him. No word yet on who else is returning, but I'm pretty sure Mia Wasikowska will be the next returnee.

Johnny Depp, Lone Ranger was shooting yourself on the foot, but this is suicide.

Hey, when a film makes a billion dollars worldwide, a sequel is pretty much a guarantee at some point.

I love the online hyperbole when it comes to Johnny Depp's film choices.

Forget about this, I'm looking forward to his next project.

Willy Sparrow presents 'The Tales of Mad Captain Jack Hatter and Wonka Tonto'.

No, Depp was fine as the Mad Hatter. The character's insane, after all, he can be as crazy as he wants there.

Being crazy as Tonto, a character who was never crazy in the past, now that's another story.

It's usually a smart business decision to make a sequel to a billion dollar film. Depp isn't shooting himself in the foot at all.

I wonder if they'll be needing their White Queen to return as well?

If there is anything Depp continues to do, I really hope it's working with Disney, Pirates aside I can see Wonderland being a big franchise for him.

And this is how the Lone Ranger was made. Disney has got Depp to agree to Alice 2 and Pirates 5.

Urgh! Wonderland 2 won't make anywhere near the billion dollars the first made, which I believe was a fluke to begin with anyway.

Well, I'm happy Burton isn't directing. Maybe it'll be better this time around with better direction. Here's to hoping. The earliest I see this coming out is 2016.

a lot to like in the first film, at least when it comes to performances. So yeah, no Burton could be a big plus.

Has this sentence ever been uttered? "man, i really hope we get a sequel to alice in wonderland".

The reason why the first one made so much was because audiences were still high off the 3D craze that Avatar brought and they needed another fix. This one won't make nearly as much because audiences are getting fatigued with both 3D and Depp.

Has this sentence ever been uttered? "man, i really hope we get a sequel to alice in wonderland".
I was actually hoping for one after the first film. But I have a big crush on Mia so...

The reason why the first one made so much was because audiences were still high off the 3D craze that Avatar brought and they needed another fix. This one won't make nearly as much because audiences are getting fatigued with both 3D and Depp.
The Depp fatigue thing is not real. People have always watched stars in the roles they want to see them in. Even when Pirates 4 underperformed in the states, it killed OS.

I honestly never understood the hate. My brother doesn't like it much either. Far from perfect, but I definitely enjoy it.
My sister hates it, I just think that it's a bad movie that doesn't deserve much thought or attention from me. Believe me I'm not going to be in this thread for long.

My sister hates it, I just think that it's a bad movie that doesn't deserve much thought or attention from me. Believe me I'm not going to be in this thread for long.
That is fair. Just don't understand why people need to treat it like it kicked their puppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"