Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think we may be getting more crossovers. Which is just great.

Flash is just the gift that keeps on giving.

No kidding.

Supergirl pre-crossover: 1.3
Supergirl crossover: 1.7

Arrow pre-crossover: 1.1
Arrow crossover: 1.4 (ties series high, the only other 1.4 Arrow ever got was last year's crossover)

Kind of strange that they chose to cross Arrow over with Legends more this season instead of Flash. You'd think they'd want to use Flash to bolster a freshman series.

Well, I think we may be getting more crossovers. Which is just great.

I would love that, but I kinda hope that they let some of the regular writers write them....

No kidding.

Arrow crossover: 1.4 (ties series high, the only other 1.4 Arrow ever got was last year's crossover)

Kind of strange that they chose to cross Arrow over with Legends more this season instead of Flash. You'd think they'd want to use Flash to bolster a freshman series.
Well, the first crossover was to launch Legends
the second episode seemed like a natural fit, given the shows premise.

No kidding.

Can we be sure there isn't a Legends/Flash crossover later in the season? After all, we didn't get the Legends/Arrow "crossover" until the sixth episode, and we've got eight more eps to go.

Was there any doubt about the ratings for the crossover? I didn't think so!!

Nice opinion piece he has thought a lot about it.

A good click bait article for sure...

Haters will swarm to it, and lovers will cry over it...lol

Last edited:
His alternate plan for "saving" Supergirl needs more Martian Manhunter. *ahem*

i gotta say if Supergirl isn't renewed, it's CBS's own damn fault. I've watched a lot of football and basketball on cbs over the last few months and only once besides the superbowl did i notice that they played an ad to promote a new episode of supergirl, if it was for them i wouldn't even know when the show was on. Also, have you noticed that when an episode ends and there's no new episode the following week, they don't even bother to play a promo at the end or announce when the show's coming back. But on the CW, they make sure to tell you "the Flash returns April 19th", they do that for all their shows cause they know we need to know when they come back.

Just as a reminder guys and gals, this IS APRIL FOOLS DAY so take everything and anything you hear as just that.... ;)

This week ratings:
1.Supergirl 1.7
2.The Flash 1.3
2. Gotham 1.3
4. Lucifer 1.2
5. Agents of shield 1.0
6. Arrow 0.9
7. Legends of tomorrow 0.7
Viewers
1. Supergirl 7.17 million
2. Gotham 3.82 million
3. Lucifer 3.72 million
4. The Flash 3.39 million
5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 3.20 million
6. Arrow 2.34 million
7. Legends of Tomorrow 1.97 million

This week ratings:
1. The Walking Dead 5.8
2. Supergirl 1.7
3. The Flash 1.3
4. Gotham 1.3
5. Lucifer 1.2
6. Agents of shield 1.0
7. Arrow 0.9
8. Legends of tomorrow 0.7
9. iZombie 0.5

Viewers
1. The Walking Dead 12.38 million
2. Supergirl 7.17 million
3. Gotham 3.82 million
4. Lucifer 3.72 million
5. The Flash 3.39 million
6. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 3.20 million
7. Arrow 2.34 million
8. Legends of Tomorrow 1.97 million
9. iZombie 1.25 million
Added iZombie and The Walking Dead, to get the complete picture

The Walking Dead is truly amazing. I don't watch the show but that thing is a ratings behemoth. Most people who watch it don't even know it's a comic book show, though.

Also shows what a monster Flash is, to be beating shows on Fox and ABC. If it were on one of the major 4 networks it would in all likelihood be the biggest comic show on network TV. To bump Supergirl 4 tenths this late in Supergirl's run is outstanding.

It should be very interesting to see how Preacher does on AMC this May.

Interesting in seeing those 9 superhero shows are capped by zombies. So Supergirl may the 2nd highest rated comic book show, but it is the highest rated superhero show.

I didn't expect Flash to be higher than Gotham in terms of ratings.

Interesting in seeing those 9 superhero shows are capped by zombies. So Supergirl may the 2nd highest rated comic book show, but it is the highest rated superhero show.

I didn't expect Flash to be higher than Gotham in terms of ratings.

Gotham was way higher last season and its current season average is still higher than Flash's, but Flash has been ridiculously consistent.

Right now Gotham's season average is 1.47 while Flash's is 1.40.

Gotham is down almost 33% versus last year. Flash is down less than 3%.

The season averages for all the comic shows

The Walking Dead: 6.46
Fear the Walking Dead: 3.80
Supergirl: 1.72
Lucifer: 1.55
Gotham: 1.47
The Flash: 1.40
Agents of SHIELD: 1.31
Arrow: 0.99
Legends of Tomorrow: 0.91
Agent Carter: 0.79
iZombie: 0.54

SHIELD is currently cratering (its last four episodes were 1.17, 0.97, 0.87, and 1.01)

Supergirl's average is bolstered by its huge premiere and great second week, while Lucifer's first few episodes were inflated by the X-Files lead in

iZombie is lowest but it's also ridiculously stable. Every single episode its ever had has been between .5 and .7 except for two 0.8s. That includes episodes that were pre-empted in major markets (NY, CHI) for sports and episodes that had re-runs for a lead in.

All of those shows have been officially renewed except Lucifer, Supergirl, and Agent Carter.

Lucifer and Supergirl are both locks in my opinion.

I'd expect Agent Carter to be axed for sure this year, but I was wrong about it last year so maybe it'll get another miracle renewal.

lord, if you look at all of that, you would think all that was on TV was Superheroes and Scifi.
Lol.

That doesn't even include animated series or streaming series like Teen Titans Go, Powers, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Vixen, Ultimate Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers Assemble, Vixen, Justice League Gods and Monsters Chronicles, or the DC Kids shorts.

Comic book properties are hot right now. There'll probably be a dozen more comic book shows by this time next year. And the movies aren't slowing down.

The bubble is bound to pop at some point down the line, and when it does it's going to be ugly. But right now there's no end in sight.

Gotham was way higher last season and its current season average is still higher than Flash's, but Flash has been ridiculously consistent.

Right now Gotham's season average is 1.47 while Flash's is 1.40.

Gotham is down almost 33% versus last year. Flash is down less than 3%.

The season averages for all the comic shows

The Walking Dead: 6.46
Fear the Walking Dead: 3.80
Supergirl: 1.72
Lucifer: 1.55
Gotham: 1.47
The Flash: 1.40
Agents of SHIELD: 1.31
Arrow: 0.99
Legends of Tomorrow: 0.91
Agent Carter: 0.79
iZombie: 0.54

SHIELD is currently cratering (its last four episodes were 1.17, 0.97, 0.87, and 1.01)

Supergirl's average is bolstered by its huge premiere and great second week, while Lucifer's first few episodes were inflated by the X-Files lead in

iZombie is lowest but it's also ridiculously stable. Every single episode its ever had has been between .5 and .7 except for two 0.8s. That includes episodes that were pre-empted in major markets (NY, CHI) for sports and episodes that had re-runs for a lead in.

All of those shows have been officially renewed except Lucifer, Supergirl, and Agent Carter.

Lucifer and Supergirl are both locks in my opinion.

I'd expect Agent Carter to be axed for sure this year, but I was wrong about it last year so maybe it'll get another miracle renewal.

Supergirl is likely a lock for the second season. We just need a formal announcement from CBS.

I don't think we should count animated series as the focus is on the live-action superhero TV.

I'm hoping that Supergirl's season finale can retain the numbers from the crossover.

Well, one things for sure: if Supergirl does get renewed, CBS will approve every crossover episode they possibly can. Seriously, a 0.4 boost in the demo number? They will want to hit that button hard.

Bad signal about Supergirl future
On twitter Chyler Leigh took super sister out of her bio...

Bad signal about Supergirl future
On twitter Chyler Leigh took super sister out of her bio...

No signal at all....it means nothing in light of the renewal or non-renewal of Supergirl. :)

So to all that have been PMing me here and on twitter, here is Chyler's reason for the slight change....

5jxj4o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"