Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice to see the crossover did very solid in the rating department.

L+7 Ratings for "Manhunters" 1.3 showing took it up to 2.0 a 54% increase....and the crossover episode ranked #12 for the week out of all broadcast network shows.

Is trash this week we do not broadcast an episode of Supergirl in reply, but an episode of the big bang theory

Yeah, would have been nice to have shown a rerun of the crossover would have been my thinking...but oh well, looking forward to this Monday.

Sorry for not responding sooner.
Excellent news, glad to see that now you guys can enjoy it with us. :)
We have 6 german channels but ProSieben is not one of them unfortunately. So, no, i can't enjoy the show.:(

No dutch networks are carrying Supergirl but FOX NL are one network that are considering it according to their facebook page.

Th only DC show we have is The Flash (on FOX NL) which is also-luckily-in it's 2nd season (ep5 airs Sunday night).In general, live-action series based on comics haven't quite met expectations for commercial channels to warrant the investment (so they say).

Agents of Shield - stopped after one season
Arrow - stopped after 3 seasons (rights for season 4 have not been picked up)
Gotham - stopped after just 6 or 7 episodes after been moved around the schedule.:loco:
And have I said lately how much I miss seeing you all the time like back on the OLD F4 boards? Because I do miss seeing you.... :yay:

Awww...:yay:

The F4 boards became such a negative place (for obvious reasons) that i just chose to avoid it. I'll be back though in due course.

Back to the ratings...Supergirl has taken a beating in Germany since the spectacular double episode start in March.

While episode 3 remained strong with 1.32 million viewers, episode 4 took a knock because of football; 880,000 viewers and it slightly recovered the following week with 890,000 viewers for episode 5.

Sorry for not responding sooner.

We have 6 german channels but ProSieben is not one of them unfortunately. So, no, i can't enjoy the show.:(

No dutch networks are carrying Supergirl but FOX NL are one network that are considering it according to their facebook page.

Th only DC show we have is The Flash (on FOX NL) which is also-luckily-in it's 2nd season (ep5 airs Sunday night).In general, live-action series based on comics haven't quite met expectations for commercial channels to warrant the investment (so they say).

Agents of Shield - stopped after one season
Arrow - stopped after 3 seasons (rights for season 4 have not been picked up)
Gotham - stopped after just 6 or 7 episodes after been moved around the schedule.:loco:

Awww...:yay:

The F4 boards became such a negative place (for obvious reasons) that i just chose to avoid it. I'll be back though in due course.

Back to the ratings...Supergirl has taken a beating in Germany since the spectacular double episode start in March.

While episode 3 remained strong with 1.32 million viewers, episode 4 took a knock because of football; 880,000 viewers and it slightly recovered the following week with 890,000 viewers for episode 5.

If it can stay above the million mark in viewers, that's not too bad.

Can you get it on Amazon, or iTunes....?

If it can stay above the million mark in viewers, that's not too bad.

Can you get it on Amazon, or iTunes....?

I didn't consider iTunes. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try later.

Yeah, around a million is good especially in that timeslot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why CBS.com doesn't make their streaming available to all regions, they are just losing money by not doing that, especially with series like Supergirl.

it is always weird how shows for one country to another country can be so different and what not.

Kelly i think the reason cbs.com thing is just us or what not right now. Is so it doesnt conflict with there all access streaming service or what not. Unless the cbs.com site viewing is apart of that new service they are doing then discard what i said.

I thought this was interesting as how we view ratings is changing as our ways of watching our favorite shows are changing as well...

Wurtzel’s presentation wasn’t all about countering the Netflix effect. He ran through the network’s efforts to get a more accurate picture of viewership across multiple platforms and the limitations of the current Nielsen system. He said there was “a glimmer of hope” on the horizon with a new Nielsen service that promises to do a better job of measuring non-linear platforms.

• Nielsen at present measures 1,231 TV channels. The average TV household receives 201 channels but only watches 16 regularly. In 2008, the average household received 129 channels and watched 17 regularly. That tells him that most viewers “engage in a manageable amount of viewing.” But for programmers, “the challenge is that everybody’s menu (of favored channels) is very different.”
  • Time-shifting is the new majority. In 2008, 81% of TV viewing was done live. This season, live viewing has dropped to 51%. Another 26% of viewing is done within the first three days of a program’s debut.
  • Viewers who watch shows late in the 35-day measurement cycle tend to be younger and richer. Using NBC’s “Blindspot” as an example, Wurtzel noted that the median age for live plus 3 viewing was 52 with a median income of $74,000. In live plus 7, the median age was 46 while income was up “a tick.” Toward the end of the 35-day frame the median age was 43 and median income shot up to $91,000.
  • Digital availability has helped bring down the median age of the long-running “Law & Order: SVU,” which has a lower median age when digital viewing is factored in. The show at present has the best 18-24 demo ratings in its history.

1.5 and up.
And all of those people who enjoyed the crossover are welcome to come back and bring as many of their friends as possible!

This is a tough one to gauge, when it has come back from a 2 week hiatus it has done pretty well, but sunshine at 7:00 p.m. usually means less viewers, so who knows.

I think I will just sit back and enjoy the episode. :)

Does anyone know if there was an increase on Myriad's ratings? I tried looking at the ratings sites linked in the first post of this thread but I honestly don't really understand what I'm looking at and usually just go by what people say/post here :p

Myriad was at a 1.3 in the demo which is much lower than the crossover of course but that is not surprising.....and still averaging as the high new drama on CBS and doing fine....hopefully we get a good uptick for the finale. :yay:

So how long for a renewal announcement? I don't really follow CBS shows, so I don't know how they usually handle it.

In this deadline article (usually well informed) Supergirl is in danger of cancellation
http://deadline.com/2016/04/cancele...-hollow-mysteries-of-laura-bubble-1201738298/

That is not what the article said at all, did you read it?

Of the hourlongs, Limitless is fully owned by CBS, Code Black is co-produced by CBS Studios, while Supergirl and Rush Hour come from an outside studio. While Rush Hour has been pretty underwhelming, the other three are considered to have a shot, depending on the strength of CBS’ drama pilots. (I have heard a possibility for CBS to chose between Code Black or medical pilot Bunker Hill, also a co-production with an outside studio). In unscripted remarks last month, CBS Corp. chairman Leslie Moonves indicated that the network may renew as many as five first-year series.

So how long for a renewal announcement? I don't really follow CBS shows, so I don't know how they usually handle it.

Normal renewal announcements come around mid-May it has been kind of a strange thing that the networks have announced most of their returning multi-season series so early. So, an announcement will probably come sometime between May 15th -- May 18. Or, during CBS Upfronts...

Wasn't there another episode that got 1.3 live but increased with online & ondemand viewings? How do find out if that happened with Myriad?

Normal renewal announcements come around mid-May it has been kind of a strange thing that the networks have announced most of their returning multi-season series so early. So, an announcement will probably come sometime between May 15th -- May 18. Or, during CBS Upfronts...

Right now I am very skeptical about a possible renewal of supergirl, the show's most successful have all been renovated, I think they just do not say anything and in the end will not be renewed and it is a real shame because the show is great!
A show with the supergirl impact don't wait the upfronts to renew it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back