All-Encompassing Christopher Nolan Discussion Thread

tumblr_mzaileG3np1tneirro1_500.jpg
He's better looking like this

To have the resume he has at just 45 is pretty nuts, tbh. Imagine where he's at at 65. He'll most likely have 10 more movies under his belt.

Happy birthday to Christopher Nolan - one of the greatest directors of our time. Hope he'll continue to deliver thrilling and original movies.:yay:

Edit: Just booked my tickets for a TDK All Nighter on 29 August at the BFI IMAX in London. It's been more than a year since I went there last time to see the trilogy. So excited!

Last edited:
...Just booked my tickets for a TDK All Nighter on 29 August at the BFI IMAX in London. It's been more than a year since I went there last time to see the trilogy. So excited!

<- jealous!

It's time to accept the times, folks. Nolan's career has tanked. He'll be lucky to be offered the chance to direct The Prestige 2: Attack of the Clones. DTV, of course.
And Nolan will dump practical effects to go full-blown CGI.

Oh and it'll be in 3D.

Whatever his next feature length is, I'm hoping that Bale is kept miles away from it. From his previous cast members Leo, McConaughey and Hardy (especially Tom) would be most welcome. Gyllenhaal would be a great newcomer.

2435fl4jpg.gif

Yeah, I don't get that. Bale's performance in The Prestige is one of the very best of Nolan's filmography. I'd rather see him again than DiCaprio. Pearce is the one he is way overdue to work with again though.

The only reason I wouldn't want Bale for his next project is to allow him to work with some new actors. I'm sure there is a long line of actors who'd love to work with Nolan. I mean, Bale's been in four of his films. Though I think Bale as a leading man is the closest thing Nolan has had to a muse with an actor. Discounting Michael Caine of course.

He stunk up the Batman movies really badly (a testament to Nolan's talents as a film-maker that despite a terrible lead, those movies are otherwise perfect). He was merely serviceable in The Prestige where even here Hugh Jackman out acted him. He's had 4 chances with Nolan, 3 too many if you ask me.

Bale was great in Begins and pretty good in TDKR. Not a fan of his TDK work (except for the last couple minutes of it). Serviceable is not a word I would use to describe any of the male actors in The Prestige. ScarJo perhaps.

Not sure if yall should take Julius_Caesar seriously . He only has 8 posts, and may just be trolling yall.

^ After that last post, it's pretty easy to see that they're all going to be skip-worthy.

Bale was great in Begins and pretty good in TDKR. Not a fan of his TDK work (except for the last couple minutes of it). Serviceable is not a word I would use to describe any of the male actors in The Prestige. ScarJo perhaps.

Not sure if yall should take Julius_Caesar seriously . He only has 8 posts, and may just be trolling yall.

^ After that last post, it's pretty easy to see that they're all going to be skip-worthy.

Stab, Stab, Stab!

No mo emperor.

:cwink:

Well he is banned now. I thought he might be a previously banned member. Wonder if he was?

I always get suspicious of a new member who goes to a thread such as this and immediately makes a very controversial statement. Actual new first time members tend to not do that.

Look at their schedule, both Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Hardy have like 2-3 projects that look like they will be filming next year. I think we can cross these two out for a Nolan film.

Well he is banned now. I thought he might be a previously banned member. Wonder if he was?

I always get suspicious of a new member who goes to a thread such as this and immediately makes a very controversial statement. Actual new first time members tend to not do that.

:up:

Apparently George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh fought really hard at WB for Nolan to direct Insomnia.

http://collider.com/magic-mike-2-sequel-steven-soderbergh/

That's interesting to me... I bet you Clooney will star in a Nolan movie someday.

Soderbergh's perspective of the industry is always interesting to read. Not many big time filmmakers will open up about the business aspect of it all, but he is pretty willing to go into detail on box office tracking, studio interference, budgeting, etc.

yeah I love him for that.. have you seen his "state of cinema" speech ?
thats really great.

I would love to see his take on something like The Invisible Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"