BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 132

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon...
tumblr_nk7776veIN1qefn6co1_1280.jpg

I've come to realize that the only thing that can quench the thirst is my seeing the film.

Ryan Gosling to be his Constantine!

I'm spreading that rumor right now. :oldrazz:

ryan-gosling-800.jpg

I'm always confused by people who want an R-rated Batman movie so badly. Not only is it not necessary (there aren't any stories that can't be told due to sticking with PG-13), but Batman Returns in 1992 and The Dark Knight in 2008 completely pushed the limits of what PG-13 can do. All that was missing was a couple of F-Bombs and some boobs, and they would've been R... And Batman doesn't really need F-Bombs and boobs. So I don't get it. :shrug:

I'm always confused by people who want an R-rated Batman movie so badly. Not only is it not necessary (there aren't any stories that can't be told due to sticking with PG-13), but Batman Returns in 1992 and The Dark Knight in 2008 completely pushed the limits of what PG-13 can do. All that was missing was a couple of F-Bombs and some boobs, and they would've been R... And Batman doesn't really need F-Bombs and boobs. So I don't get it. :shrug:

I don't think it's necessary either, but the world of Gotham is dark enough that you could probably get there with a little more violence and gore. Again, not that I think it's necessary, but it's very easy to picture an R-rated Joker story for example.

I don't get it either. I'm fine with PG:13 Batman.

There are people hoping Suicide Squad will be R-rated. It doesn't need to be (and won't be in my opinion). You can get away with plenty in PG-13.

I mean, in two movies now, we’ve seen Penguin as a sexually frustrated circus freak that bites peoples’ noses off and has blood and gore dripping down his face, Catwoman as a BDSM zombie who basically looks like her costume is painted on her naked body, we see the Joker literally slams a guy’s face onto a pencil and murder him, then he blows up Rachel in a warehouse… and we see it happen, and then Two-Face’s burns are so brutal looking it makes Freddy Kruger look like Cookie Monster. What more do we need exactly? We've even seen camera angles that purposely zoom in on penises and butts and breasts as the heroes get ready in their nipple-bombarded suits. I think we're doing alright.

I like how there are people who b**** about Jaime Alexander not playing WW, when, if she had been cast, they'd be busting on DC/WB just as hard for not being creative with the casting and just picking someone from right out of the MCU.

There are people hoping Suicide Squad will be R-rated. It doesn't need to be (and won't be in my opinion). You can get away with plenty in PG-13.

I agree that it'll be PG-13, but I can also EASILY see the "Suicide" being taken out of the title. I can see The Squad or even Task Force X happening... Maybe both - The Squad: Task Force X. :barf:

^ Mind you, I don't WANT that happening, and I don't like political correctness... but I can see it happening. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"