BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, f*** those visionaries and their tendency to not be yes-men! :argh:

You mean their tendencies to constantly f up the source material? looking at you Nolan. Dude butchered Batman!
Get a solid director, not an egomaniac who thinks that what they think is the best.

looking at you Nolan. Dude butchered Batman!

Yeah, f*** Nolan for all his meddling and butchering and giving Batman life on the screen again after eight years of hanging in limbo. THAT BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On second thought, I shouldn't be feeding the troll, so... disregard this.

Microsoft using the MOS theme for one their E3 videos
rejoice.png

I noticed that. And love it

Keep him away. Directors like him are always messing with the material!
What source materials Garland messed with as a director? None -- 'cause you're talking bollocks.:huh:

Fyi, Garland is primarily a writer (The Beach, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Dredd & Ex-Machina among his output) and Ex-Machina was his directoral debut.

Haven't been on these forums for a while. What have I missed?

The more I re-watch the trailer, the more I'm excited to see Affleck's Bruce Wayne. In fact moreso than Bats himself. I'm probably in the minority here lol because there's so much anticipation for such a radically different on screen Batman, especially since they're inspired by Miller's graphic novels. But Affleck sure does have that Bruce Wayne look nailed down.

The more I re-watch the trailer, the more I'm excited to see Affleck's Bruce Wayne. In fact moreso than Bats himself. I'm probably in the minority here lol because there's so much anticipation for such a radically different on screen Batman, especially since they're inspired by Miller's graphic novels. But Affleck sure does have that Bruce Wayne look nailed down.

There is no doubt that he will be a great Bruce Wayne! But the real spectacle is going to be his Batman and there is a lot of curiosity behind how he is going to move and behave.

I hope we see great detective work out of this batman. Its one thing i think we haven't seen fleshed out on screen. Of course the Arkham games spoil us with fun and unique detective tactics. Some of which I'd love to see batfleck use.

Speaking of Affleck as Bruce Wayne, the most intriguing character to me is Henry Cavill's Daily Planet Clark Kent persona. I can't wait to see what they do there. Do they go the Christopher Reeve route or Dean Cain angle? Or maybe something totally new. I really think the Clark Kent character can be made into something super special and maybe a nice contrast to the darker nature we got in the trailer

There is no doubt that he will be a great Bruce Wayne! But the real spectacle is going to be his Batman and there is a lot of curiosity behind how he is going to move and behave.
Yeah, this Batman isn't a breed of Batman we've seen on screen before. All the previous Batman are very much related I suppose with that iconic black rubber suit and long ears.

My only worry is that Snyder will overstyle his action scenes as a direct reaction to what some people criticised as sloppiness of the fight scenes in TDK trilogy. I know the fight choreographer of BvS wasn't impressed with those scenes in Nolan's trilogy :woot:

My only worry is that Snyder will overstyle his action scenes as a direct reaction to what some people criticised as sloppiness of the fight scenes in TDK trilogy. I know the fight choreographer of BvS wasn't impressed with those scenes in Nolan's trilogy :woot:

LOL I am one of those people who criticized the fighting scenes in Nolan's Batman universe.

What kind of fighting style are you hoping for?

I like Watchmen style fighting except I want Batman to look a bit cooler when he does his thing vs Night Owl.

Last edited:
Speaking of Affleck as Bruce Wayne, the most intriguing character to me is Henry Cavill's Daily Planet Clark Kent persona. I can't wait to see what they do there. Do they go the Christopher Reeve route or Dean Cain angle? Or maybe something totally new. I really think the Clark Kent character can be made into something super special and maybe a nice contrast to the darker nature we got in the trailer

Yeah, that's the one thing that bugged me about Cavill. He didn't really get to play Clark Kent.

I'm guessing the SD quality version of the banner was posted on this forum already?
3ZPb6nE.jpg

Time to liven things up a bit. :sus

And I'm your laaaaaddddyyy, and you are my maaaaaan!

I think I am excited a bit more for Bruce than Batman too a bit. He's said to be a "social animal" and that's got me intrigued. I'm really excited to see that. And the same goes for Clark Kent. I'm very excited to see more of Clark. I hope he's featured in the next BvS trailer a bit. When I see Bruce AND Clark looking at each other or standing by each other, I will faint of happiness.

So yea, I can't wait for this movie.

Last edited:
It may seem gimmicky since he voiced the character in the animated series, but Ron Perlman as Deathstroke is too perfect to pass up. His voice DEFINES the character for me in the same way that Conroy's does for Batman. He also looks exactly like Deathstroke in the comics.

It may seem gimmicky since he voiced the character in the animated series, but Ron Perlman as Deathstroke is too perfect to pass up. His voice DEFINES the character for me in the same way that Conroy's does for Batman. He also looks exactly like Deathstroke in the comics.

Ron Perlman is 65 and not at all even in the condition that he was just a few years ago. Del Toro jokes about it in the BTS stuff for PAC RIM. This is the price we pay for Cullen getting the job to voice Prime on the big screen. Everyone thinks that their childhood faves need to be recreated on screen in exactitude down to the actors that voiced them. Sorry. When I was a teen people were like, "Sean Connery should be Deathstroke" and he was OLDER than Perlman. It was a silly idea with Sean, and as much as I love Ron, it's a silly idea for him to play Slade in live action. Unless you want them to spend SFX resources digitally removing his paunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"