BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody thought it was only going to be a versus title, BUT - already SHOWING them being over their conflict in the trailer kills the entire tension the movie's premise and marketing campaign is based on.

Ehh no it doesn't.

Nobody thought it was only going to be a versus title, BUT - already SHOWING them being over their conflict in the trailer kills the entire tension the movie's premise and marketing campaign is based on.

Not really, in my opinion.

The title did that already! It's called DAWN OF JUSTICE...in which we already saw a glimpse of Wonder Woman.

What do people think was going to happen in this film? It's not called BATMAN v SUPERMAN v WONDER WOMAN.

DAWN OF JUSTICE is too specific to think that it was only going to be a versus title.

A lot of people from the general public seemed to think they wouldn't get along, so...

And like JKR said... they are showing it to us in the trailer. That's underwhelming. When you watch them fighting, you will know there's no chance at all that they will continue enemies until the end of the movie. And that they will join forces. With Wonder Woman. To stop Doomsday.

Underwhelming.

Anyway, since Doomsday is made from Zod and has heatvision, maybe Kryptonite works against him

Luthor's over the top persona could change once he loses his hair for whatever reason. Perhaps he develops cancer and blames Superman for it. There is still a lot of room for Luthor to develop beyond this apparent facade he's showing.

The problem with the final scenes is not only revealing Doomsday. Is that it shows Batman and Superman joining forces, showing their squabble was resolved... which kills the entire main premise of the movie right in the trailer. We all knew they would work things out, but seeing them get along in the trailer already is underwhelming.

Mmm, okay, I guess I can see that argument. Maybe the trailer could simply have left out that verbal exchange and shown the iconic trinity shot. But myself, I'm actually not bothered by that banter.

One thing I do think probably should be edited out of the film is what appears to be a kind of corny use of a dramatic musical phrase from the orchestra in the background when the photographer with Clark Kent at the red carpet for Lex's party informs him "that... is Bruce Wayne." (*dramatic musical motif!*).

Also, how could Clark Kent have been a reporter for 2 years and not know who Bruce Wayne is? Unless Bruce has slipped out of the public eye over the past ten years, coinciding with his retirement (?) as Batman...

A lot of people from the general public seemed to think they wouldn't get along, so...

And like JKR said... they are showing it to us in the trailer. That's underwhelming. When you watch them fighting, you will know there's no chance at all that they will continue enemies until the end of the movie. And that they will join forces. With Wonder Woman. To stop Doomsday.

Underwhelming.

Anyway, since Doomsday is made from Zod and has heatvision, maybe Kryptonite works against him

Not underwhelming at all honestly.

Doomsday looks like the general in that one hulk movie.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/2809616_orig.jpg

i don't get it, just make a CGI version of doomsday and model it exactly like JL cartoon. That shouldn't be hard to do.

Abomination in the comics.
abomination.gif

Abomination in the MCU.
latest
In my opinion the MCU Abomination looked more like Doomsday than he does in the comics.

Have this been posted yet? This edit is perfect to me. I would be pretty excited.
Even Lex' first scene that I hated worked well in a different position, breaking the action

agreed that is much better. I would have probably made it 1 or 2 seconds longer and included the shot of Bats saying "Oh Sh##!" but other than that it was a much better edit and didn't give everything away.

That's not really true. A writer writes a script. A director tells the story on the big screen. I don't know how many times I've heard, especially on these forums, stuff like: Just get a good writer and a visual director, throw them together and it'll be a great movie. Because the writer will provide the story, and the director will provide the visuals. The best of both worlds. It's gonna be amazing. That is NOT how it works. A director has to be good at storytelling. You can have a great script and a subpar director and guess what? The movie won't be great. On the other hand you can have a subpar script, but a GREAT director, who pulls it off so greatly, that the movie ends up being very good.

As a director you're a storyteller from the very first moment, when you're in pre-production, to the very last, when you're working on that last edit which may or may not change the outcome of your movie.
The director gets performances out of actors, and tone, pacing, etc, story changes and dialogues is done by the scriptwriter on set, and some big scale changes to the story is ordered by producers (the director might be producer too)

You can have a limited director (story-wise) and pull a great movie if the producers and scriptwriters do a good job (Michael Bay's The Rock comes to mind)

agreed that is much better. I would have probably made it 1 or 2 seconds longer and included the shot of Bats saying "Oh Sh##!" but other than that it was a much better edit and didn't give everything away.

They could have kept the Lois scene too, I think.

I wish Michael wasn't joking about getting stuck in a port a john with flipper hands.

again, where are they "getting along"?

It's futile to even try anymore. Reading all the reactions on social media to this trailer has convinced me once and for all that people, as a collective, can't have nice things.

WB and Snyder can't win for loosing with this film. This is why I didn't want WB to do a DC universe because the game has been so heavily skewed by Marvel's success that any type of competition in the game was going to get heavily scrutinized no matter what they put out.

This trailer confirms it, unequivocally.

Have this been posted yet? This edit is perfect to me. I would be pretty excited.
Even Lex' first scene that I hated worked well in a different position, breaking the action

I agree. This trailer would have been better received.

Maybe Zack Snyder didn't have control over this? He didn't tweet the trailer or anything.

Until now most of us though that Wonder Woman will brake the fight between them. Now, I think they'll fight Doomsday on their own for a while and then Wondy will join in to help.

15mle9w.jpg

A lot of people are bummed by that, so it is underwhelming for a big part of the audience

And a lot of people aren't bummed by that, so it's not underwhelming for a big part of the audience. Goes both ways dude.

I fail to see how Superman and Batman and WOnder Woman all looking at something equals "Superman and Batman like each other now".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"