The Dark Knight Rises Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good review, but the HULK review it links to is one of the better analysis of TDKR I've read thus far.

Good review, but unfortunately this is where it goes south:

O... HULK IS REASONABLY SURE THAT NOLAN DID NOT WANT TO MAKE THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. COMING OFF THE DARK KNIGHT HE WAS QUITE CLEAR THAT HE HAD MADE HIS DEFINITIVE VERSION OF BATMAN AND ONE HE WAS COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH. FURTHER COMPLICATING MATTERS WAS HOW INCREDIBLY AFFECTED HE WAS BY THE DEATH OF HEATH LEDGER. NOT JUST ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, BUT WITH THE RUEFUL ADMITTANCE THAT THE JOKER WAS GOING TO BE AN ABSOLUTE FIXTURE IN THE ENDGAME OF HIS TRILOGY. HE WAS QUITE CLEAR ABOUT THIS. SO AFTER HE FINISHED THE FILM HE WENT ON A BREAK TO GET AWAY FROM IT AND THE FILM WENT ON TO BECOME THIS MASSIVE COMMERCIAL AND CRITICAL SUCCESS AND IT WAS EVEN HAILED AS A MASTERPIECE. AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, BUT WARNERS CAME KNOCKING ABOUT THE SEQUEL. THEY KNEW THE SUCCESS OF THE THIRD FILM WAS TIED TO HIM AND WERE SMART ENOUGH NOT TO PLAY THE "WE CAN GET SOMEONE CHEAPER" GAME. WARNERS HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY SMART ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING. SO THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS GIVE HIM AN UNGODLY AMOUNT OF MONEY. THE OTHER ISSUE WAS THAT NOLAN ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WANT TO JUMP BACK INTO THE WORLD OF BATMAN SO SOON AND WANTED TO MAKE ANOTHER FILM FIRST (LIKE HE DID WITH THE PRESTIGE). SO WARNERS GAVE HIM A BLANK CHECK AND SAID GO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU COME BACK FOR BATMAN. THIS IS HOW WE GOT HIS MASTERPIECE INCEPTION.

Good review, but unfortunately this is where it goes south:

O... HULK IS REASONABLY SURE THAT NOLAN DID NOT WANT TO MAKE THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. COMING OFF THE DARK KNIGHT HE WAS QUITE CLEAR THAT HE HAD MADE HIS DEFINITIVE VERSION OF BATMAN AND ONE HE WAS COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH. FURTHER COMPLICATING MATTERS WAS HOW INCREDIBLY AFFECTED HE WAS BY THE DEATH OF HEATH LEDGER. NOT JUST ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, BUT WITH THE RUEFUL ADMITTANCE THAT THE JOKER WAS GOING TO BE AN ABSOLUTE FIXTURE IN THE ENDGAME OF HIS TRILOGY. HE WAS QUITE CLEAR ABOUT THIS. SO AFTER HE FINISHED THE FILM HE WENT ON A BREAK TO GET AWAY FROM IT AND THE FILM WENT ON TO BECOME THIS MASSIVE COMMERCIAL AND CRITICAL SUCCESS AND IT WAS EVEN HAILED AS A MASTERPIECE. AND WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT, BUT WARNERS CAME KNOCKING ABOUT THE SEQUEL. THEY KNEW THE SUCCESS OF THE THIRD FILM WAS TIED TO HIM AND WERE SMART ENOUGH NOT TO PLAY THE "WE CAN GET SOMEONE CHEAPER" GAME. WARNERS HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY SMART ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING. SO THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS GIVE HIM AN UNGODLY AMOUNT OF MONEY. THE OTHER ISSUE WAS THAT NOLAN ABSOLUTELY DID NOT WANT TO JUMP BACK INTO THE WORLD OF BATMAN SO SOON AND WANTED TO MAKE ANOTHER FILM FIRST (LIKE HE DID WITH THE PRESTIGE). SO WARNERS GAVE HIM A BLANK CHECK AND SAID GO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU COME BACK FOR BATMAN. THIS IS HOW WE GOT HIS MASTERPIECE INCEPTION.

Why didn't you include the disclaimer he put before all this? Dude clearly said that what you quoted was all his opinion and didn't try to present it as fact. A couple of posters on here could learn a thing or two from him

Hulk clearly said this: BUT FIRST A WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS PURE CONJECTURE CROSSED WITH A LITTLE BIT OF INSIDE BASEBALL. AS SUCH, IT'S INHERENTLY UNFAIR. SO PLEASE LET'S NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS AT ANYTHING BEYOND FACE-VALUE. COOL? COOL.

Why didn't you include the disclaimer he put before all this? Dude clearly said that what you quoted was all his opinion and didn't try to present it as fact. A couple of posters on here could learn a thing or two from him

Such as the ones who quickly quote others and say 'Quote for truth', lol.

Such as the ones who quickly quote others and say 'Quote for truth', lol.

Quote for truth is basically another way of saying Co-sign or I agree with what this guy posted. I don't know where you're going with this, but you seem to be grasping at straws

That Hulk review is cute. I don't agree with much of it, but it's an entertaining read.

Quote for truth is basically another way of saying Co-sign or I agree with what this guy posted. I don't know where you're going with this, but you seem to be grasping at straws

Quoted for truth :yay:

That Hulk review is cute. I don't agree with much of it, but it's an entertaining read.

I recommend checking out some of his other blog posts. They're well informed and very well written, Hulk grammar aside.

His article on why we love movies made me wanna stand up and cheer.

Lol, you guys are trying too hard. What Domino said literally had NOTHING to do with what I initially posted.

Quote for truth is another way of saying that you agree with a poster. What does that have to do with taking your interpretation of something and using it as fact?

But I guess lapdogs will do as lapdogs do

scarjo_popcorn.gif

I don't... Huh? What's going on? The Hulk watched Dark Knight Rises?

But I guess lapdogs will do as lapdogs do

:grin:

Lol, awww, Fudgie...I'm honored you took time out to check out posts that I 'QFT'd :up:

Just trying to prove some point when you have like ten of those a day? :cwink:

I can't believe some of you have turned this thread into a discussion about the usage of a harmless term of phrase used to agree with posts.

This forum has reached a new low.

:grin:

Lol, awww, Fudgie...I'm honored you took time out to check out posts that I 'QFT'd :up:

Just trying to prove some point when you have like ten of those a day? :cwink:

:woot: How's it feel to have your own genius logic turned back on you?

:woot: How's it feel to have your own genius logic turned back on you?

Lol, if you think it "worked" with it being "turned around" on me, then okay then :funny:

Mostly honored someone stalked my posts, though.

Lol, if you think it "worked" with it being "turned around" on me, then okay then :funny:

Mostly honored someone stalked my posts, though.

Wow, now you're deflecting. You tried to prove a point, it got turned back on you, and now all of a sudden you're being 'stalked'.

Better luck next time :cwink:

I can't believe some of you have turned this thread into a discussion about the usage of a harmless term of phrase used to agree with posts.

This forum has reached a new low.

Hey hey hey here's your culprit that started this crap by making a blatant personal dig at moi http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24728539&postcount=279

All I did was show up him up as a hypocrite cos he used QFT several times in the past. Just cos I use it more doesn't make it bad. He was just trolling cos he hates how I criticize a flick he loves.

But...it didn't failed tragically. You were the one who made the contradiction. He pointed it. It was amusing.

But...it didn't failed tragically. You were the one who made the contradiction. He pointed it. It was amusing.

What contradiction? Do you not see the difference between a. using YOUR OWN interpretation of a plot point as evidence in an argument and b. agreeing with another posters point, which essentially is what QFT means? You guys are trying way too hard :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"