The Dark Knight Rises Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Sounds to me like the exact same defense some people use to claim that TDKR is nearly universally loved.

Sounds to me like the exact same defense some people use to claim that TDKR is nearly universally loved.

It is closer to Universally loved than most superhero movies. It is not as Universally loved as TDK but I wouldn't say it is any less loved by BB.

It is closer to Universally loved than most superhero movies. It is not as Universally loved as TDK but I wouldn't say it is any less loved by BB.
I would say more so than BB, but I agree that it's less loved than TDK.

I have always found TDK somewhat overrated and Rises is easily better imo. I've brought up that TDK has just as many (if not more) logical gaps/plot holes/inconsistencies whatever you want to call them as Rises but people want to crucify TDKR while totally ignoring the same points that are brought up against TDK. It's like fanboys are more than willing to jump all over Rises and how bad or weak it is, and tear down every positive opinion about it (yes, I know the door swings both ways, but the rude negativity far outweighs the positive Not here necessarily.) but when people genuinely bring up the same complaints about TDK, it's like they never even spoke at all. It's either totally ignored or dismissed with a flippant remark.
For me, TDK gets entirely too busy for its own good during the last act. It was masterfully crafted for the first two acts, but after the hospital explosion the narrative kicks into overdrive and tries to play catch up with everything it lays out on the table. It's much to crowded, something Rises is confusingly accused of, even though the narrative is much more streamlined. Two-Face ends up feeling incredibly rushed. And I've always thought Bale and Bruce was lost in the shuffle most of the time.
I could point out all the logical gaps, but they would only be dismissed and somehow considered nitpicking when the ones people take issue with in Rises are the bane (hehe) of all superhero films.

Rises is more a more human story, in tone and narrative. Bruce is the main focus again and not lost in the shuffle. The plot builds and builds to an appropriate climax instead of climaxing 30 minutes too soon. And honestly, so many people say Rises doesn't FEEL like a comic book/Batman film. I simply am baffled at that. Rises feel like a much more comic booky film. It look and plot alone. TDK is the film that feels least like a comic book. Gotham is at it's most bland visually, and it's fixation on being a crime story ground in realism squanders a lot of the comic booky flavor it could have. Ledger alone is the SOLE provider of comic book vibe.

It's still a 1/10 for me. The 1 point goes to Hathaway for being the only likable thing in it. The rest of the movie sucks big time and lets the trilogy down from being great.

Bale's Wayne is a mopey loser who actually goes out fighting crime after 8 years with a leg strap on his knee. Nolan did you leave your brain on the Inception set? Bane is just an LOS lap dog, or more specifically a Talia lap dog with a terrible voice that's hard to understand sometimes. Gordon-Levitt as Blake the boy wonder is a bore of a bore. They should name sleeping pills after him.

Gotham looked like New York, especially the Wall Street scenes. Bad continuity after we had Chicago for the first two movies, and had a less familiar feel than New York which is like in every Marvel movie.

This one feels the least like a Batman movie because he's hardly in it as Batman. As Bruce Wayne he's either moping around his mansion on a cane or messing about in a hole in the ground trying to make a jump that frankly anyone with a brain can make if they just use the rope to loop over the other ledge and swing over using it.

Nolan's worst movie. So sad that it was the sequel to TDK which is like the king of Batman flicks.

It's still a 1/10 for me. The 1 point goes to Hathaway for being the only likable thing in it. The rest of the movie sucks big time and lets the trilogy down from being great.

Bale's Wayne is a mopey loser who actually goes out fighting crime after 8 years with a leg strap on his knee. Nolan did you leave your brain on the Inception set? Bane is just an LOS lap dog, or more specifically a Talia lap dog with a terrible voice that's hard to understand sometimes. Gordon-Levitt as Blake the boy wonder is a bore of a bore. They should name sleeping pills after him.

Gotham looked like New York, especially the Wall Street scenes. Bad continuity after we had Chicago for the first two movies, and had a less familiar feel than New York which is like in every Marvel movie.

This one feels the least like a Batman movie because he's hardly in it as Batman. As Bruce Wayne he's either moping around his mansion on a cane or messing about in a hole in the ground trying to make a jump that frankly anyone with a brain can make if they just use the rope to loop over the other ledge and swing over using it.

Nolan's worst movie. So sad that it was the sequel to TDK which is like the king of Batman flicks.

Fudgie! Where have you been, dude?

I see TDKR has not grown on you a bit. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"