Transformers Am I the only person who didn't like this movie?

I agree. I had a problem with this too yet, I can understand Prime's perspective. After seeing how trigger happy Ironhide was some of the humans would definitely get hurt and probably killed if the autobots interferred.

ok.yes i know Prime said we can't harm the humans and yes. that's totally in character with Prime i agree on that.
However you can still not harm humans and rescue your buddy.You never leave a man behind!You would lose count of how many heroes have defied all orders and circumstances to rescue a comrade. That was a big plot hole and lets be totally real. He just said so that we didn't get the whole scene of him trying to save bumblebee. Cause we needed to have John Tuturo taking off his shirt to show the painted on "S" under his suit, or that ridiculous scene of them trying to hide in the kids backyard.Yeah.I really needed to see that!People can rationalize away anything, but at the end of the day as heroes,you go and save your friend!If you believe otherwise, I sure as hell wouldn't want to serve with you in the military.
I'm not here to sway anyone's opinion if you loved Transformers fine.I didn't and thats not going to change!Of course though ,I didn't "get it" cause I didn't know it was made for fun and I took it too serious( hehe).
No! I didn't "get it" cause I wanted some semblance of substance. Man! I love the 80's animated movie with Hot Rod. It was the stuff of heroics with Prime giving his life. I would have much rather paid to see that again.
As a kid I loved a movie that thru the years has been voted one of the crappiest movies ever made, and as I got older I found out it is. I still love it ,but it's crap cause it's not a very good movie.Good movies stand the test of time. Get back to me in 50 years and see if Transformers stills stands that test.

.....oh and i guess i should stop wasting my time since i should only come here and say something if it's good. (hehe)

You don't get it.
How old are you? Do you still watch the original series and think it's mature?
Alien robots would never be "alive" in the way you think.
Better than us... hell yeah!... but talking: no way!
The transformers in the movie are totally not believable as coming from an artificial alien planet: they act too much like humans.
In Kurtzman & Orci original concept, the TFs were going to be litteraly alien robots, but someone ruined that and decided to make a stupid commercial film for Hasbro.
Thank you very much!

This is just ridiculous, you would have liked them to throw out years of cartoon and comic book mythology by not having the robots talk? At ALL?

If that was the case, it simply WOULDNT be Transformers, read some TF comics, then realise how ridiculous your comments are.

ok.yes i know Prime said we can't harm the humans and yes. that's totally in character with Prime i agree on that.
However you can still not harm humans and rescue your buddy.You never leave a man behind!You would lose count of how many heroes have defied all orders and circumstances to rescue a comrade. That was a big plot hole and lets be totally real
. He just said so that we didn't get the whole scene of him trying to save bumblebee. Cause we needed to have John Tuturo taking off his shirt to show the painted on "S" under his suit, or that ridiculous scene of them trying to hide in the kids backyard.Yeah.I really needed to see that!People can rationalize away anything, but at the end of the day as heroes,you go and save your friend!If you believe otherwise, I sure as hell wouldn't want to serve with you in the military.
I'm not here to sway anyone's opinion if you loved Transformers fine.I didn't and thats not going to change!Of course though ,I didn't "get it" cause I didn't know it was made for fun and I took it too serious( hehe).
No! I didn't "get it" cause I wanted some semblance of substance. Man! I love the 80's animated movie with Hot Rod. It was the stuff of heroics with Prime giving his life. I would have much rather paid to see that again.
As a kid I loved a movie that thru the years has been voted one of the crappiest movies ever made, and as I got older I found out it is. I still love it ,but it's crap cause it's not a very good movie.Good movies stand the test of time. Get back to me in 50 years and see if Transformers stills stands that test.

.....oh and i guess i should stop wasting my time since i should only come here and say something if it's good. (hehe)

To put it simply, you DONT know Optimus Prime or Transformers if you thought that bit was out of place (let alone a plot-hole, it wasnt one in the slightest). In both the cartoons and the comics, Prime does his utmost to protect humans, even putting himself and his soldiers in harms way, THATS why he is the Autobot leader and thats why the Matrix Of Leadership resides within him, he holds all life dear, yet is willing to put himself or his others in harms way for the greater good. It was a totally Optimus Prime moment.

putting himself and his soldiers in harms way,

Hahaha! Then I'm joining the Decepticons!
They have a better dental plan anyway.

Oh. and in all likely hood. I was reading and knowing more about the Transformers then before you were born.
Man!you guys will defend that movie for all it's worth.That's okay.by all means have at it, but this really has grown quite tiresome for me, so stick a fork in me cause I am done.
Peace and again may the mantle of leadership reside within you.

*looks at this thread*

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. No, honestly I am.

Now, before you fanboys tear me a new one -- I was aware of the fandom surrounding the franchise, went in expecting the usual Michael Bay film and had set my expectations really low so I wouldn't be disappointed. Trouble is, it failed to meet even those low standards. The action was poorly staged and edited, the "humor" was shockingly awful, offensive stereotyping, and it was too long for its own good.

By the time it was over, I was truly mourning the 2 1/2 hours I spent watching this garbage heap. I mean, I was expecting at least some kinetic action sequences but Bay failed to deliver -- in my opinion. I mean, Spielberg could've directed the film with the exact same script and actors, and it would almost certainly been much more exciting than Bayformers.

I will personally boycott the sequel next June -- laugh all you want, but I'm perfectly serious. TF was even worse than "Batman & Robin", and even that stinkfest had more things going for it than TF did.

I understand that people don't like it, bu to call it worse than 'Batman & Robin' is taking it a bit too far. Are you out of your ****in' mind?

Boycotting is pathetic. Do you really think anyone's gonna give a **** if you don't see a movie. :whatever:

Although I would like to see you outside the cinema protesting and trying to get people to not see the movie. You'd probably end up getting you arse kicked for being annoying, but it'd still be funny. :woot:

This is specifically a "I didn't like TF", not an anti-TF thread where some of the pro-TF fanboys enter and try to change the opinions of the haters. Hell, I'm getting flack from my friends on campus because I didn't like it. That's the way it is... even "Pearl Harbor" and "The Rock" had a lot more going for it than TF did.

And seriously, TF was a big waste of my time. I'll be shocked if the sequel will be a massive improvement.

I understand that people don't like it, bu to call it worse than 'Batman & Robin' is taking it a bit too far. Are you out of your ****in' mind?

Boycotting is pathetic. Do you really think anyone's gonna give a **** if you don't see a movie. :whatever:

Although I would like to see you outside the cinema protesting and trying to get people to not see the movie. You'd probably end up getting you arse kicked for being annoying, but it'd still be funny. :woot:

I respect the opinions of those who hate the transformers movie. They have reasonable arguments for disliking the film. However, the movie being worse than Batman and Robin comment is absurd. Batman and Robin was meant to be parady. There was nothing in Transformers that was even close to as bad as the following:

The bat and Robin nipples.
The bat and Robin butt shots.
The chicks dig the car line.
George Cloney's atrocious acting.
Chris O'Donnell's atrocious
Arnold playing Mr. Freeze.
All of Mr. Freezes awful puns.
The misscharacterization of Bane as a ******.
Alicia Silverstone playing a character in the Batman Universe that is respected less than Robin.
Uma Thermon's atrocious acting.
Robin's plastic lips that protected him from Poisen Ivy's poisen.
The cheesy looking effects and poorly choreographed action sequences.

I sure as heck did but it's not just because I'm a Spider-Man fan. I've seen B-movies better than Transformers. The kind of B-movies that make you want to kill yourself for renting and/or buying.

Cuz Spider-Man 3 didn't seem like a B-rated movie at all, huh? :whatever:

Hahaha! Then I'm joining the Decepticons!
They have a better dental plan anyway.

Oh. and in all likely hood. I was reading and knowing more about the Transformers then before you were born.
Man!you guys will defend that movie for all it's worth.That's okay.by all means have at it, but this really has grown quite tiresome for me, so stick a fork in me cause I am done.
Peace and again may the mantle of leadership reside within you.

It not that i am defending the movie, i realise it has flaws and isnt liked by everyone, i'm fine with that, but your ideas for the movie are, IMO, ridiculous, the robots not talking would just be ridiculous, Bay already got death threats for changes some things, imagine what would have happened if they didnt talk!

And what Prime did in the scene were Bumblebee is captured is completely faithful to the Optimus Prime in the comics and cartoons.

Oh, and i doubt you were watching and reading TF before i was born, as i was born before the cartoon came out :woot:.

I respect the opinions of those who hate the transformers movie. They have reasonable arguments for disliking the film. However, the movie being worse than Batman and Robin comment is absurd. Batman and Robin was meant to be parady. There was nothing in Transformers that was even close to as bad as the following:

The bat and Robin nipples.
The bat and Robin butt shots.
The chicks dig the car line.
George Cloney's atrocious acting.
Chris O'Donnell's atrocious
Arnold playing Mr. Freeze.
All of Mr. Freezes awful puns.
The misscharacterization of Bane as a ******.
Alicia Silverstone playing a character in the Batman Universe that is respected less than Robin.
Uma Thermon's atrocious acting.
Robin's plastic lips that protected him from Poisen Ivy's poisen.
The cheesy looking effects and poorly choreographed action sequences.

Agreed, not liking the movie is understandable, but saying its worse than B&R is simply wrong. I absolutely HATE X3, but even that isnt as bad as B&R.

More BS. I would like this guy or anyone else to name one B movie that had higher quality than transformers. Independent movies don't count.

....What?

...Name a B-rated movie that had higher quality than Transformers?

...Was that meant to make fun of Transformers by calling it bs or...what?

Lol.

It not that i am defending the movie, i realize it has flaws and isnt liked by everyone, i'm fine with that, but your ideas for the movie are, IMO, ridiculous, the robots not talking would just be ridiculous, Bay already got death threats for changes some things, imagine what would have happened if they didnt talk!
Listen bro i think you should get you facts straight first! Number
1) someone else said they shouldn't talk, that wasn't me. They were suppose to talk! I never said that go back and read people's posts super genius
2) this can go on forever Leaving Bumblebee behind was wrong!plain and and simple.You can think whatever, word it whatever, view whatever, but it was wrong! I am not going to keep arguing that, so give it a rest.
3) I didn't like Spider Man 3 or Batman and Robin!As much as I disliked Transformers.It was at least better than those flicks. Dont read what some else writes as being for everyone
4) I know i was reading before you were born. I am 43, old as dirt and collecting since i was 6 years old. My comic book collection would put you to shame as would my knowledge of the animation,I was into. So don't tell me i don't know what Transformers was all about.You got a long way to walk in my shoes. You are right though i am too old and wanted and a movie that makes somewhat sense instead of this fluff.
That movie was nothing but eye candy special effects with less of a storyline than it took the Special Effects artist to put it together.
Man. i wish people would fight so enthusiastically for things that really matter, as much as they do for this "giant robot" movie. Geez!
oh and may you always find energon cubes a fulfilling yet non fattening treat. (hehe)

Bay already got death threats for changes some things, imagine what would have happened if they didnt talk!

oh and 1 more thing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Death threats?!?! Death threats?!?for freaking transformers!!! Man i could see if the guy was an abortion doctor or something but Death Threats for a movie starring Robots!
OH man!I can see it now. some dude in his basement writing "listen Bay if you make any changes I will cease your functions like Megatron did to Prime in the animated movie!"
Thanks dude that's the best laugh i had all week.And on that note i am totally finish with this.HAHA! Death threats!OH man thats a hot one!

^ Those death threats just show how pathetic some fanboys truly are.

By the way, I thought you weren't coming back here. :huh: :yay:

By the way, I thought you weren't coming back here. :huh: :yay:
Hmmmm
you sure do alot of thinking about me and how I waste my time Jumping Jake Cassidy,and here I thought you didn't even cared! gosh!
I was really done with this 8 posts ago, but you guys keep dragging me back in with misquotes and questions.
Actually this is all sorta amusing since I never knew Transformers fans were such a ravenous, fanatical lot. I mean you yourself has made mention of an extreme fraction of fans/ Fanformers as i like to call them.That cause injury and lay waste to persons who wait outside movie theaters in protest of the movie

....That and with all this arguing you guys do is helping me work towards 300 posts so i can get my avatar/picture merit badge that I so desperately need. I got plans for that baby.Hehe

oh and may you always have bug repellent to keep Waspinator off you.

Hmmmm
you sure do alot of thinking about me and how I waste my time Jumping Jake Cassidy,and here I thought you didn't even cared! gosh!
I was really done with this 8 posts ago, but you guys keep dragging me back in with misquotes and questions.
Actually this is all sorta amusing since I never knew Transformers fans were such a ravenous, fanatical lot. I mean you yourself has made mention of an extreme fraction of fans/ Fanformers as i like to call them.That cause injury and lay waste to persons who wait outside movie theaters in protest of the movie

....That and with all this arguing you guys do is helping me work towards 300 posts so i can get my avatar/picture merit badge that I so desperately need. I got plans for that baby.Hehe

oh and may you always have bug repellent to keep Waspinator off you.

We have to keep bringing you back. You keep this entire thread amusing. :woot:

Those Fanformers (cool word) are scary bastards.

Listen bro i think you should get you facts straight first! Number
1) someone else said they shouldn't talk, that wasn't me. They were suppose to talk! I never said that go back and read people's posts super genius

I wasnt replying to you in that post, i clearly quoted 'luca_frontino,' not you, so i wasnt having a go at you my friend.

2) this can go on forever Leaving Bumblebee behind was wrong!plain and and simple.You can think whatever, word it whatever, view whatever, but it was wrong! I am not going to keep arguing that, so give it a rest.

If you think it was wrong, fine, but to say it isnt something Optimus Prime would do in that situation, is IMO, wrong. But thats just my opinion.

3) I didn't like Spider Man 3 or Batman and Robin!As much as I disliked Transformers.It was at least better than those flicks. Dont read what some else writes as being for everyone

I didnt say that you liked either, you are mis-reading my friend, i havent mentioned B&R or Spiderman 3 (which i personally liked) in regards to you at all in this thread, i mentioned B&R in regards to Mcclay18's comments, not you.

4) I know i was reading before you were born. I am 43, old as dirt and collecting since i was 6 years old. My comic book collection would put you to shame as would my knowledge of the animation,I was into. So don't tell me i don't know what Transformers was all about.You got a long way to walk in my shoes. You are right though i am too old and wanted and a movie that makes somewhat sense instead of this fluff.
That movie was nothing but eye candy special effects with less of a storyline than it took the Special Effects artist to put it together.
Man. i wish people would fight so enthusiastically for things that really matter, as much as they do for this "giant robot" movie. Geez!
oh and may you always find energon cubes a fulfilling yet non fattening treat. (hehe)

I never ONCE said that, you accuse me of mis-reading things when you have done so yourself, i never said you didnt know about TF, ever, i dont know enough about you to claim that, all i was said was that i am quite knowledgable about TF myself, which i am, didnt say anything about you in that regard, i just said i was born before the TF cartoon came out so i doubt you were watching it before i was born, as you claimed.

Oh and agreed about the death threats thing, it is indeed, ridiculous.

hmmmm lets see you said
To put it simply, you DONT know Optimus Prime or Transformers if you thought that bit was out of place (let alone a plot-hole, it wasnt one in the slightest). In both the cartoons and the comics, Prime does his utmost to protect humans, even putting himself and his soldiers in harms way, THATS why he is the Autobot leader and thats why the Matrix Of Leadership resides within him, he holds all life dear, yet is willing to put himself or his others in harms way for the greater good. It was a totally Optimus Prime moment.

but then you said

I never ONCE said that, you accuse me of mis-reading things when you have done so yourself, i never said you didnt know about TF, ever, i dont know enough about you to claim that, all i was said was that i am quite knowledgable about TF myself, which i am, didnt say anything about you in that regard, i just said i was born before the TF cartoon came out so i doubt you were watching it before i was born, as you claimed.

Oh and agreed about the death threats thing, it is indeed, ridiculous.
Oh yeah I"m misreading things alright.I aint misreading anything as i just pointed out genius. do you even know what you are saying? or just saying stuff for the hell of it? you are right though. you dont know me yet still presume to did so. all because i am in disagreement with your opinion
Oh and when you quote something someone said. quote them specifically and not me.You did quote me as the one who said the robots shouldn't talk and not Luca.You should either invest in some glasses or a better monitor then friend.. oh but you didn't do that either right?
all i was said was that i am quite knowledgable about TF myself, which i am,
yeah! That should come in quite handy at a Ivy league school somewhere.
.. listen with these statements you have just loss the little bit of credibility i was awarding you( especially with that liking Spiderman 3 Thing).This ain't fun anymore cause i think you just keep bringing me up to keep this going on.On that note, you can keep dragging this around, but this is seriously at a end. Because you don't deserve an answer...oh and 1 more thing that movie was still BS!

..... man! at least Jake Cassidy and the sundance kid knew what he was talking about.:cwink:

"Transformers" is fine when you check your brain at the door.

The problem with most Michael Bay films (Roland Emmerich has a knack for this to) is finding the most absurd methods of pushing the story forward.

I mean it's already been commented on but come on...Every single Military Computer Analyst in the country is working 24/7 to do...something. And yet the task at hand could only be pulled off by Anthony Anderson, who this time around plays DDR and lives with his grandma???

"There's only one person in the world who can hack this code."

The code is of alien origin, according to Jon Voight there are 6 floors of Military Analysts working to crack it, and this dude does it in 10 seconds, finding a message in English embedded in the signal?

And the female analyst??? GOD, it's such hideous characterization...

She's way too beautiful, and She needs to turn down the Australian accent considerably.

Seriously, how they push the story forward is just ridiculous.

"They're hacking into the Mainframe."
"Which Mainframe?"
"THE Mainframe! Run a Diagnostic!"
"What's a Diagnostic?"
"I don't know, all I know is that we need to be running one NOW!"

And during the entire battle with Skorponok in Qatar, Josh Duhamel's trying to call the Pentagon on a CELL PHONE...and plays up the fact that he needs a credit card!!!!

"LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK, LEFT CHEEK!!!"

Don't even get me started on the fact that when they decide to hack a COMPUTER during the finale at the Dam, they start pulling apart and working inside a MONITOR (!!!!????)

Again....go into "Transformers" without a shred of your ability to think cohesively, and you'll be fine...

CFE

That's her natural accent. She shouldn't have to change it. It's better than having an American actor trying to do an Australian accent. They, rarely, get it right and it sounds ridiculous.

True, but it didn't stop her accent from still sounding ridiculous...it's even worse that that's her natural accent.

I'm not saying I'm an expert on accents, but at least for me it sounded overtly and border-line absurdly heavy...whether it was natural or not.

Seriously, she sounded like a cartoon caricature of an Australian...

CFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"