Am I the only one who didn't like "The Crow"?

skorponok said:
FACT:

THE MATRIX was originally written for another half asian actor aside from Keanu Reeves...

...that being BRANDON LEE...

...imagine BRANDON LEE AS NEO:eek:

Honestly it would have been freaking amazing...
Thank the sweet lord that didn't happen.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I thought that the movie was laughabally bad the acting and dialouge was horrible and the movie tried way to hard to be cool.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Brandon Lee couldn't act worth *****? I mean the guy sounded like a accounted who decided to rock out on the weekends.

Dying doesn't make you a good actor.

Disagree. Wonderful film. And it's about my son's favorite movie as well. And Brandon kicked ass literally and figuratively.

You want to see bad? Check out all the sequels.

Dragon said:
Disagree. Wonderful film. And it's about my son's favorite movie as well. And Brandon kicked ass literally and figuratively.

Amen.

Y'know, Crow's one of those movies for me, that I never really think much about putting on Top 10 lists or whatnot, but, every single time I watch it, I'm surprised at not just how good the movie is, but how great Lee is as well. I really can't say much bad about the film.

Dragon said:

I'll pass, disliked the first one enough.

mister Lennon said:
and Brandon Lee was simply a bad actor. His father was a bad actor also, but he had presence and charm, brandon didnt.

no. he was not. that's just wrong. he does more in this movie with less substance wise to work with than many of the most revered actors today ever had. his dad was a martial artist who made movies and a kick ass tv show. brandon was an actor, a damn good one.

How could anyone not like the Crow? That just should not be in these forums. talk about kicking a man when he's down. Brandon Lee did a GREAT job in that movie . . . I'd almost like to see you say that to James O'Barr . . . but I would not cause that man to have to relive the grief of loosing such a good friend. Leave that cold crap to your my space pages please?

So essentially just because 1) someone died making a movie and 2) someone lost a loved and so created a comic on which a movie is based , we should like it even tough it may be crappy ? :huh:

I don't think that's right . Personal preference is just something that you can't change. If someone doesn't like a movie , he or she has the right to voice his/her opinion in a mature way. We can't help the fact that O'Barr lost his girlfriend or that Brandon Lee died. We can respect those people as human beingsbecause they sufferend thru something .
But the movie and the comic are works of art and when released to a mass public , you need to be open for criticisms . Like it or not.

This is a forum. We are here to discuss things.

The Crow is one of my favorite films. How can anyone say Brandon Lee gives a bad performance? Critics, fans, and non-fans alike call it his best performance and the fact that he died while filming makes it tragic.

Brandon mentioned after doing the Crow he wanted to do some serious dramatic film work.

Such a shame we'll never see that happen. :csad: :csad:

I agree that it was Brandon's best role. It's been a long time since i saw The Crow , but i do remember Brandon's earlier movies and this one was certainly his best. He progressed with each movie in terms of acting.

However , like i said , some people just don't think he made that big of impression really.
You can't argue with that because it's just a personal preference. Some people just plain don't like the movie and /or think that Brandon gave a bad performance.

Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"