Am I the only one who didn't like "The Crow"?

I SEE SPIDEY

Eternal
Reaction score
I thought that the movie was laughabally bad the acting and dialouge was horrible and the movie tried way to hard to be cool.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Brandon Lee couldn't act worth *****? I mean the guy sounded like a accounted who decided to rock out on the weekends.

Dying doesn't make you a good actor.

yes, you're the only one...in fact, I think I liked the movie more than I did the comic...

A more faithful adaptation of The Crow comic book would have been, at the very least, NC-17.

Couldn't you have put this rant in the other Crow thread in here?

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Also am I the only one who thinks that Brandon Lee couldn't act worth *****? I mean the guy sounded like a accounted who decided to rock out on the weekends.

I think it's a wonderful performance, genuinely emotional, charasmatic, entertaining. I'm sure Brandon would have gone on to become a superstar after The Crow.

I have honestly never heard anyone say they didn't like The Crow before. It's my second favourite comic book movie after Batman Begins. I think it's a very powerful, emotional film, with a lot of heart. Fantastic performances from Brandon Lee, Michael Wincott, Ernie Hudson and Rochelle Davis.

And yes, had Brandon Lee not died, he would have been a massive star.

I didn't think it was a great movie but it's one of the better comic movies.
I thought Brandon Lee was okay but he needs more practice and/or training imo.

I'm pretty indifferent towards the crow. I liked the character, he has cool makeup, but nothing much really caught my interest about the whole premise and such...

Majik1387 said:
I thought Brandon Lee was okay but he needs more practice and/or training imo.

:huh: That's not going to happen.

The Joker said:
yes, you're the only one...in fact, I think I liked the movie more than I did the comic...

NO he is not. I had a hard time seeing what all of the fuse was about. It always felt like a mediocre film to me.

the crow is a true achievement in atmosphere and emotion, one of the most visually powerful american films ever, and a showcase for branden lee's talent. it's true that if he had not died tragically young, he would've become a massive star and delivered many more memorable performances.

cryptic name said:
the crow is a true achievement in atmosphere and emotion, one of the most visually powerful american films ever, and a showcase for branden lee's talent. it's true that if he had not died tragically young, he would've become a massive star and delivered many more memorable performances.

That last part I agree with. I have a feeling that this was going to be Lee's breakthrough film and he would gone on to be a big action star. That would have been nice considering his heritage, but unfortunately he shared his father's untimely fate.

This film was great and Brandon's death just makes it even more powerful and emotional.

I think it's just allright. I don't hate it or anything but I agree that the acting is really bad and the movie tries a little too hard to be cool. I didnt think Brandon Lee's performance was all that great, personally.

Orko Is King said:
Why's that?

Ever read the comic book? It's filled with tons of violence. And alot of the deaths in the comic book, are much more graphic than what we see in the movie. I'm sure if they went about it in a Kill Bill-esque style, a R rating would be concievable. But if they wanted to go with a more realistic route, and be a bit more faithful to the source material, I really cant see this movie being anything short of NC-17. Unless the studio cuts the theatrical cut all to hell, and then releases a, you guessed it, "Unrated" cut on DVD that seems to be the popular thing to do these days. :o

FACT:

THE MATRIX was originally written for another half asian actor aside from Keanu Reeves...

...that being BRANDON LEE...

...imagine BRANDON LEE AS NEO:eek:

Honestly it would have been freaking amazing...

I liked it, but not as much as certain people here. I think that the look of the movie was pretty good, and the story a lot intereresting, but the dialogue and the performances are terrible and the story could be a lot better. and Brandon Lee was simply a bad actor. His father was a bad actor also, but he had presence and charm, brandon didnt.

co2 said:
That last part I agree with. I have a feeling that this was going to be Lee's breakthrough film and he would gone on to be a big action star. That would have been nice considering his heritage, but unfortunately he shared his father's untimely fate.
I remember seeing a documentary on Bruce, in which it was stated that "The Crow" was intended to be Brandon's breakthrough film.
I enjoyed it. I still like this movie. It's a shame it cost the man his life. Sometimes it gets a little depressing because of that.

It's not that it's a bad movie, it's just that the movie has serious dated. It was great when it came out and was pretty good for a couple years. But watching it recently shows how much it has dated.

Superboy Prime said:
Ever read the comic book? It's filled with tons of violence. And alot of the deaths in the comic book, are much more graphic than what we see in the movie. I'm sure if they went about it in a Kill Bill-esque style, a R rating would be concievable. But if they wanted to go with a more realistic route, and be a bit more faithful to the source material, I really cant see this movie being anything short of NC-17. Unless the studio cuts the theatrical cut all to hell, and then releases a, you guessed it, "Unrated" cut on DVD that seems to be the popular thing to do these days. :o

This is true. One of my favorites is when The Crow (and he was actually called this in the comic, and not just as a nickname) comes upon two characters who were excised from the movie, and they're giving a righteous beatdown upon a snitch or something. When one goes to the other, "This is what gets you off, eh?" He's like, "yeah." The one goes "kind of makes you lose your head, doesn't it?" While not noticing that the others head has been katana swiped off, Kill Bill style. The Crow then cuts out the lights, and takes off the still living ones legs just above the shin, (while reciting the ultimately cool "Jesus Christ walks into a bar" joke) and after interrogating him about the whereabouts of his wedding ring, leaves the guy bleed to death.

Awesome. Just awesome.

skorponok said:
FACT:

THE MATRIX was originally written for another half asian actor aside from Keanu Reeves...

...that being BRANDON LEE...

...imagine BRANDON LEE AS NEO:eek:

Honestly it would have been freaking amazing...

I said the very same thing as soon as I walked out of the theatre having just watched The Matrix for the first time. That role was tailor-made for Brandon Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"