AMC Theatres best picture nominee marathon

green

fear is the mind killer
Reaction score
Great idea IMO.

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/02/02/amc-theatres-30-best-picture-nominee-marathon/

If you don't already have plans for Saturday, February 24, I have the best option for what to do -- provided you live near a participating AMC theater, that is. The cinema chain is offering an amazing deal to moviegoers on the eve of the Oscars: for the price of $30, you can see all five films nominated for best picture. Of course, you have to watch them in a row, from 11am to 11:30pm (or whatever time the 9:45 showing of Little Miss Sunshine lets out). In addition to the movies, though, you also get a large popcorn, a large drink -- with unlimited refills all day long -- and a "collectible pass."

Now, I can see if this is a little too much movie for most people to handle, but I can't express enough how good a deal it is. Plus, you could always leave before Sunshine (I would; I hate it), if you fear a numb butt (try to imagine 24 hours!). Considering I still need to see two of the nominees, it would be worth it for me to attend the whole marathon since at the participating megaplex in Manhattan two movies and concessions would run me about $30 anyway (unless I theater-hopped).

As long-time readers know, I am very glad to see special programming and promotions in the big cinema chains, and though I guess this one depends on how much you like the nominees, AMC regularly has some good offers (such as last summer's free movies). Make sure to take advantage of this or others, or AMC may not see the worth in doing more stuff like it in the future.

The order of the marathon is: Babel - The Queen - The Departed - Letters From Iwo Jima - Little Miss Sunshine.

the only film i haven't seen is the queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"