American Football

Posters bickering over which is better? No I think I'm in the right place.

I guess distance wise would be more apropos for this one.

So (assuming), you could easily piss over the goal posts in either a Rugby or Football game.

Now that's more important than the topic of this futile thread :up:

Cracker Jack said:
With or without pads :D

The real question is, Do the pads enhance or hamper the flow of piss ?

This thread just took a serious nose dive.

Sorry CT (though judging by the intent of the subject I can see this is adding to the 'random' factor) :up:

Illuminati said:
So (assuming), you could easily piss over the goal posts in either a Rugby or Football game.

Now that's more important than the topic of this futile thread :up:

Football posts. I'd be the Mike Vanderjagt of pissing.

The NFL's most consistently accurate kicker. He made a name for himself with the Indianapolis Colts, but recently joined the Dallas Cowboys.

bored said:
Those second two aren't even points, they're claims and accusations.

The second is certainly debatable, but American football started as a variation on rugby football that developed into it's own game. So while it isn't really "ripping off" of rugby, that is where its roots lie.

And I'm sure rugby is based on some older sport that has faded from public memory, so should we say rugby is a ripoff of that?

bored said:
And I'm sure rugby is based on some older sport that has faded from public memory, so should we say rugby is a ripoff of that?

I'm sure it is too. American football is not a ripoff, but the basic concept that it uses elements from rugby is a fact. In any case, it's not a baseless accusation, just a misinterpetation.

Someone said earlier in the tread that depending on where you were born and what you were brought up watching is the one you'll be on favor of. I agree with that. Although, seeing 350 lb+ men smasing into each other, one side trying to open a hole for their 200 lb +- running back and the other side trying to kill the 200 lb+- running back, is one of the most amazing and powerfull things to watch. It's like watching a train wreck. But my favorite things is seeing a 350+ linebacker comming around the corner, untouched, and completely wipeout the 185+- quarterback :up: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Football :)

Leto Atrides said:
People have to start labeling jokes now? I have honestly never heard anyone seriously use the term "pansy" in my life.

I just think it's odd that you don't like the direction of a thread you hijacked into being what it is. It was a thread on its own, you didn't bother reading it, and just talked about what you wanted to. It happens all the time, especially on these boards, and I generally don't care if it does. I'm just saying, you precipitated it taking the direction it did, so I don't see why you are making it out as if Clobberin' Time is attacking America. Making fun of him personally, being condesending with the "maybe someone said that to him once, I don't know". I felt a need to respond.

And as far as your last comment goes, personal insults are unnecessary, please don't be an ass about this.

How did I hijack the thread? :confused:

It was on topic and people began seriously debating with me after my first initial post. In fact, people were seriously debating before I even posted my first message here. Heh.

And he didn't say it was a joke in his first post when I ENTERED IT. So, I'm to magically mind read through the Internet and the message board that he's JOKING?!?! Sheesh. I'm sorry that I don't have mind reading skills, maybe you do.

And my last comment was an opinion, much like the opinion of "Rugby is better because they don't wear pads". And I said, "no offense". And you took offense to it. So, maybe now you know how it feels when someone is "joking". :)

SpideyInATree said:
How did I hijack the thread? :confused:

It was on topic and people began seriously debating with me after my first initial post. In fact, people were seriously debating before I even posted my first message here. Heh.

And he didn't say it was a joke in his first post when I ENTERED IT. So, I'm to magically mind read through the Internet and the message board that he's JOKING?!?! Sheesh. I'm sorry that I don't have mind reading skills, maybe you do.

And my last comment was an opinion, much like the opinion of "Rugby is better because they don't wear pads". And I said, "no offense". And you took offense to it. So, maybe now you know how it feels when someone is "joking". :)

I was being pissy when I posted that, sorry. And the first one. There is really no point in arguing about this. I didn't mean hijack so much as derail. Doesn't really matter either way. Just felt like having an argument when I posted.

SpideyInATree said:

So what is it about "American Football = Futuristic Rugby" that you find a serious topic of debate ?

Clobberin' Time said:
So what is it about "American Football = Futuristic Rugby" that you find a serious topic of debate ?

Because most people on this board actually are ignorant enough to seriously make statements like that and be serious?

SpideyInATree said:
Because most people on this board actually are ignorant enough to seriously make statements like that and be serious?

I'm not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"