American Horror Story on FX - - Part 3

Trying to give this show a chance.

Does it get better as it goes on? Because I'm on season one right now and.... yeah.... :dry:

Jump to season 3 it's the best one in my opinion the characters are great the story is good and though toned down the horror elements are still there.

Trying to give this show a chance.

Does it get better as it goes on? Because I'm on season one right now and.... yeah.... :dry:

It depends how far in you are. It took me a bit to get into the groove, but if you're on, like, episode 4 or 5 and you still aren't feeling it, then it's just not for you.

So yeah, episode 2 was pretty awesome.
[BLACKOUT]Evan Peters new character is absolutely twisted.Looks to be his most epic season appearance [/BLACKOUT]

Aso, [BLACKOUT]pretty much confirmed that Gaga is a vampire. So happy to see Murphy's take on vampirism. From what we have seen so far, it definitely appears to his own unique spin. [/BLACKOUT]

Hot damn, Evan Peters' new character. :eek:
Coven is awful.

tumblr_nkm78gOLyk1qlvwnco1_400.gif

I've enjoyed these two episodes, but I really hope they don't get too up their own ass like Kurt Sutter did and feel the need to make every episode 90-100 minutes because they can. You can do that s*** on special occasions, but every week? No thank you.

2nd episode in and I have no idea what's going on. Is it all a dream? Is the hotel possessed? Is it some sort of purgatory? Characters are dead, but still alive?

I feel like I'm watching a horror version of Lost because I am so mindfu**ed right now!

2nd episode in and I have no idea what's going on. Is it all a dream? Is the hotel possessed? Is it some sort of purgatory? Characters are dead, but still alive?

I feel like I'm watching a horror version of Lost because I am so mindfu**ed right now!

If you watched and understood the first season then you should at least have a grasp on dead characters. So it seems so far Sara Paulsons character, Evan Peters character, and the laundress are all dead and likely trapped in the hotel. Gaga, bomer, finn Wittrock, and all the kids are vampires. The cop, and Cathy bates are alive, and it seems the cross dresser may be alive too.

Asylum is the best season.

Evan Peters is looking to be my favorite character this season though.

Now THIS was a great episode. A complete 180 for me in terms of how I felt compared to the last episode. The writing was really there (Thank you Tim Minear) Very thoughtful writing with great character work. It was long but it didn't felt like it dragged. Truthfully maybe some of this story could have gone in the first episode, but for what this was this was great. I'm fully invested in what's going on. I haven't felt this way about the show since season two. I'm not just enjoying the world and tone, I'm enjoying the actual happenings of the story and characters. Stuff like Tristan's character I didn't expect to get as much attention to him, but I was really pleased he did. Even Evan Peters! Did anyone honestly expect him to be this good? I thought he'd just be a throwaway character for the sake of having Peter back but nope. Even Wes Bentley's character is interesting now and feels like he's not just a regular stick in the mud character surrounded by all the crazy.

I'm even loving the Se7en inspired murder investigation. There's a cool police investigation/noir combined with horror here and I love it. And the horror here was good too. Great atmosphere and tension.

Now let's just hope it stays this way and they don't **** this up.

Now THIS was a great episode. A complete 180 for me in terms of how I felt compared to the last episode. The writing was really there (Thank you Tim Minear) Very thoughtful writing with great character work. It was long but it didn't felt like it dragged. Truthfully maybe some of this story could have gone in the first episode, but for what this was this was great. I'm fully invested in what's going on. I haven't felt this way about the show since season two. I'm not just enjoying the world and tone, I'm enjoying the actual happenings of the story and characters. Stuff like Tristan's character I didn't expect to get as much attention to him, but I was really pleased he did. Even Evan Peters! Did anyone honestly expect him to be this good? I thought he'd just be a throwaway character for the sake of having Peter back but nope. Even Wes Bentley's character is interesting now and feels like he's not just a regular stick in the mud character surrounded by all the crazy.

I'm even loving the Se7en inspired murder investigation. There's a cool police investigation/noir combined with horror here and I love it. And the horror here was good too. Great atmosphere and tension.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Also my prediction is that Will Drake is the Ten Commandments Killer.

So did the show take the vampirism as a virus aspect from the Strain? I kept looking out for those little worms.

The first episode was kind of a mess. But the horror factor was good.

This episode was really good. I loved Evan Peters b/w scenes especially with him and the house maid in their final scene. I like him. I think he's really good with this genre. Especially in season 1. But he was totally wasted in Coven. :argh:

I hope Bates gets some juicy stuff.

I love the H.H. Holmes influence to Evans's character. He's like a psychotic Howard Hughes/Andrew Ryan type and I love that.

Coven was greta, second best to Haunted House... it just wasn't scary.

This season has had some solid scares and some neat gore already, plus it's being real fun with it's characters.

I love the H.H. Holmes influence to Evans's character. He's like a psychotic Howard Hughes/Andrew Ryan type and I love that.

He's like Bateman meets Howard Stark.

Btw, is that the 'library' from Se7en that the 'police station' is this season?

Last edited:
This last episode actually made me like what I was seeing and start to see the AHS I thought needed to be. I loved Evan Peters also is he the drill ass rape guy big bad?

Coven was greta, second best to Haunted House... it just wasn't scary.
This is me. Those were the only two seasons I bought. Asylum was the worst for me. Really loving this season so far, though. :)

This is me. Those were the only two seasons I bought. Asylum was the worst for me. Really loving this season so far, though. :)

Asylum just couldn't pick a plot, they juggled too many different things at once and they all failed.

While Freakshow was boring and redundant. once the clown left, and that idiot man-baby took over... I gave up and never finished it.

Last edited:
So yeah, episode 2 was pretty awesome.

Also,pretty much confirmed that Gaga is a vampire. So happy to see Murphy's take on vampirism. From what we have seen so far, it definitely appears to his own unique spin.

The vampirism seems a mix of The Hunger, Near Dark and The Forsaken.

Holmes was the first person I thought of, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"