American Horror Story on FX - - Part 3

My Season Rankings (So Far):
1. Asylum
2. Murder House
3. Coven
4. Freak Show

:up:

I HATED Coven. The opening scene had promise but it turned to camp real fast.

And Asylum was my fav as well.

AHS-Myrtle-Dont-Be-A-Hater-Dea.gif

This season is off to a good start... My ranking of the previous seasons would probably be:

1. Murder House
2. Asylum
3. Coven (Almost beat out Asylum but one thing really bugged me. It would have been better if it had stuck to some rules regarding death and being able to bring people back to life... There were no consequences)
-
-
-
-
4. Freak Show

1. Asylum
2. Freak Show (seriously, on a re-watch and binge-watching it, it's soooo much better)
3. Murder House
4. Coven

I'm not sure how I feel about Hotel as of yet. This week was a bit of a let down. Murphy always said they'd never do vamps or werewolves. Gets on my nerves. At least they don't seem to have fangs and they are an interesting spin on them. Gaga is amazing.

The premiere didn't really pique my interest but I'm glad I stuck around for the 2nd one. It's now setting up the season's story nicely. I'm loving the murder mystery and March's story the most. Plus... Bentley and Bomer are just :ilv:

So, the Countess is the wife who sold March out, right?

Last edited:
The vampirism seems a mix of The Hunger, Near Dark and The Forsaken.

And Byzantium.

Second episode was good. The Wtf levels are on high this season. Hotel is unlikely to displace Murder House as my favorite but it might come in second.

So many people ranking Coven so low. Personally, I loved it. I guess it wasn't really scary, but the story was coherent and it had a fun cast of characters with great performances from Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates and Frances Conroy.

I haven't found this show to be particularly scary in any season, just entertaining in its own twisted way. :)

So many people ranking Coven so low. Personally, I loved it. I guess it wasn't really scary, but the story was coherent and it had a fun cast of characters with great performances from Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates and Frances Conroy.

Coven is my #2 at the moment.

Finally found the time to watch episode 2.

In short, I thought it was way better than the first episode.

1. Asylum
2. Freak Show (seriously, on a re-watch and binge-watching it, it's soooo much better)
3. Murder House
4. Coven

I'm not sure how I feel about Hotel as of yet. This week was a bit of a let down. Murphy always said they'd never do vamps or werewolves. Gets on my nerves. At least they don't seem to have fangs and they are an interesting spin on them. Gaga is amazing.
I don't recall him saying he'd never do vampires or werewolves, I remember him saying he wasn't interested in those monsters at the time, most likely due to the Twilight series.
Now that series is over and time has passed that he's obviously comfortable at least doing his own version of vampires.

Just watched ep 1 and i've been listening to 'She Wants Revenge-Tear You Apart' for the past hour over and over. :)

I'll be really curious to see Iris and Donovan's backstory. I wonder if his disdain towards her is deserved or if he's just a prick.

Loved Angela Bassett's homage to Pam Grier.

:hrt:

Y0DbykO.gif

The Madoff stuff cracked me up. :hehe:

I'll be really curious to see Iris and Donovan's backstory. I wonder if his disdain towards her is deserved or if he's just a prick.

There has to be more to it because otherwise, yeah, those are very petulant reasons. Either way, he's going to be in The Countess sh-t list now that he made his mom a vampire like him.

Last edited:
Bassett channeling her inner Pam Grier was awesome. And I agree Gaga is FANTASTIC in this :hrt:.

I realized Denis O'Hare would make a great Count Olaf.

I've never seen Lady Gaga act in anything else so I went on youtube to see a couple interviews just to see if she's playing Lady Gaga on the show. From my observation she's not and she's a solid actress and killing it as the countess. She brings some sexy to that role that I don't see normally in her. I don't know her music well so maybe there is some sexy in it I haven't seen.

I've never seen Lady Gaga act in anything else so I went on youtube to see a couple interviews just to see if she's playing Lady Gaga on the show. From my observation she's not and she's a solid actress and killing it as the countess. She brings some sexy to that role that I don't see normally in her. I don't know her music well so maybe there is some sexy in it I haven't seen.

Not saying you'll like the songs or anything, but listen to "Sexxx Dreams" (and "G.U.Y." to a lesser degree) if you want to hear a "sexy" vibe from Gaga and then listen to "Bloody Mary" if you want something horror-esque. :up:

Lady Gaga impressed me with her acting when I watched her skit on SNL with Kenan Thompson from a few years ago. She played her "old and washed up" self who was desperate for someone to remember and recognize her. Sure, the acting itself was very "stage theater," but it was funny ... And actually pretty ballsy of her to do that kind of skit.

So far, I've been enjoying her as the Countess. Do I think that she's irreplaceable in the role? Probably not ... But I think she's been doing just fine. The part definitely suits her, considering how theatrical she is.

I don't get how this show is decreasing every season. Surely the writers should learn from the problems that arose in the previous seasons and improve but no. Hotel is yawn.

I don't think Gaga is that impressive. I mean, she has her okay moments but when she opens her mouth to speak it's unfulfilling. Her line delivery is static. I guess you could argue that it's in line with the character but even so, it doesn't feel natural. I don't know, maybe if they give her more to work with she'd improve.

Otherwise, I'm actually getting really into this season so far. I guess I just loved the novelties of Asylum and Freak Show a lot. They both were just so over the top and crazy. Plus, I loved how they connected, I completely forgot that they connected in more ways than just Pepper and Sister Mary Eunice showing up too.

To be clear, I do like how he's doing the vampires this year. It's just, why do they have to be so, vampire like? Like, they don't have fangs, sunlight won't kill them etc. Yet, they still need blood to survive so we can get all these like totally awesome and bloody kill scenes. I would dig it a lot more if he just made them immortals in some other way. But, whatevs, it's good and if Murphy wants to go back on his word about never including vamps or werewolves, let him because yea, this season definitely is off to a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"