Dexter - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I loved it but they really did drop the ball in a few ways. 10 minutes in and I said "Ahhh man I really don't want Laguerta to die now" cuz we all knew it was gonna happen but once stuff started to go down I didn't want it to happen. I wanted her to become the main baddy next year. I'm gonna have to watch it again, like the 4th time now but god that final scene, I feel soooo bad for Deb. It's unreal what Dexter has inadvertently done to her

Well exactly, I didn't want to see Laguerta die so it felt even more tragic and had more impact.

She's not the only person who is capable of investigating Dexter in the final season though. I think Batista could easily pick up the torch from her, just like she took it up from Doakes. It's going to look very fishy how she turns up dead or missing shortly after accusing Dexter of being the Bay Harbor Butcher. Might be enough to bring him out of retirement. I highly doubt he'll just be sipping margaritas and salsa dancing for the whole next season :oldrazz:

"You need to get on your knees, and start kissing anything that resembles an ass"

you know, Masuka in a diaper might have made this season the best one yet.

Just watched the finale.

This has been one of my favorite seasons thus far. In fact i can't think of an ep that i considered bad this season.

Glad Hannah got away. Hope she returns.

I'm assuming that Dex took care of the bullet that was fired from Debra's gun..or that would be a big plot hole.

Can't wait to see what happens with Debra next season.

Now that both Laguerta and Angel are gone, next season might have a different feel to it.

I doubt Angel retires now. He'll be way more involved next season imo.

It was "anything that remotely resembles an ass" just for clarity's sake

You gotta be joking? This is whats wrong with fans, you look into such LITTLE **** that has NOTHING absolutely NOTHING to do with the show or how it furthers the story and complain.:jedi
images

Chillax, you really don't need to crucify me for it! I didn't say the ep sucked because of that nor that it's such a big deal, just a funny thing I noticed. I mean, you'd think they can find a wrecked same model. But again, it doesn't take anyway from the episode, your overreaction was really not necesary. Seriously, sometimes I get the idea that some of you guys are schizos:D

What does Quinn do anymore? LOL, he's a waste at this point.
What do you guys have against these characters whom storylines are (supposedly) finished, like Quinn & Batista. Why can't Quinn do his job as a cop, simply like it happened in Season 3 or 4, don't recall when he first was brought in the show (but if you remember, we hardly saw him in his debut season) and Batista work @ the restaurant. True, we'll see them less often, but what's the matter? Why do they need to be dead or just disappear into thin air?

I remember reading here quite a lot of posts that Quinn will die etc cause his storyline is over. You know, we don't need to focus on him nor Batista, next season will surely have lots of Debra & Dexter , the main story pretty much needs to be wrapped up. And possibly Hannah, who is now free.

But again, these are assumptions of you guys that their story is finished, imo they will give both Quinn & Batista sg to deal with, they won't leave it like that.

Last edited:
Yeah, but..

They are going to have to hide the fact somehow that Deb shot LaGuerta with her own gun and not Estrada's.
Ya, that's going to bite her in the ass.

Also, remember how Dexter once talked about evil [blackout]spreading[/blackout]? [blackout]I find it really sad that Deb crossed over to 'the dark side' for Dex, but it definitely goes with the theme of the show. I definitely don't think next season will end well, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.[/blackout]

Last edited:
All in all a very good season. It certainly washed the bad taste of season 6 out of my mouth. Man, those first few episodes were fantastic. The scene with Dexter spazzing out on Speltzer was the moment I realized, "Dexter is back...really!"

For me this was a very middle of the road season. I'd rank them like so:

4>1>2>7>5>3>6.

But coming off the horrid season that came before, that's enough to qualify this season as a return to form, imo.

I'm assuming that Dex took care of the bullet that was fired from Debra's gun..or that would be a big plot hole.

Deb really ****ed up the scenario he was setting up there. I mean if he goes digging for the bullet, which he has to, its going to leave evidence that a decent investigator should notice.

Its going to be hard convincing them Estrada shot her and then disposed of the bullet and then died.

Last edited:
Deb really ****ed up the scenario he was setting up there. I mean if he goes digging for the bullet, which he has to, its going to leave evidence that a decent investigator should notice.

Its going to be hard convincing them Estrada shot her and then disposed of the bullet and then died.

Yeah, she f'ed up but she saved Dexter from officially breaking his code as he wasn't the one who actually killed her.

Dexter has broken his code many times before I don't see how doing it to LaGuerta would be that big of a deal. He took out Hannah's father. Sure he was a bad guy, but doesn't fit the code.

So what about the video of Deb and the Gas station.

I guess I have to assume next season it will show or be talked about how Dex or Deb took it. Otherwise someone is going to find it and go ."hmmm"

Which I could see, leading to who ever found it to start speculating..

So what about the video of Deb and the Gas station.

I guess I have to assume next season it will show or be talked about how Dex or Deb took it. Otherwise someone is going to find it and go ."hmmm"

Which I could see, leading to who ever found it to start speculating..

There's a ton of probable cause now...

- The video as you mentioned
- The warrant
- The "GPS" call from Deb to dispatch.
- Also, there's no telling what breadcrumbs LaGuerta had left, who she had contacted, who she confided in (ie. Matthews).

Not looking good for our buddy.

My prediction: Angel will see a major increase in screentime next season. He still had feelings for LaGuerta and will now be highly suspicious of Dexter throughout the season with it culminating in the second half.

Its gotta be Metro V.S. Dexter next season. As Soon as LG turns up dead. Everybodies eyes are at least going to towards Dexter.

I see Angel going full on after him. He isn't as bull headed as Doakes, & he is a better detective than LG. Should be interesting.

Dex already said to Debra that he'd take care of the video of her at the gas station if that was all Laguertta had.

I really don't think Angel is coming back next season. Dexter as a series is notorious for wrapping up story-lines and going off into new directions, despite what the audience presumes; ala Laguerta infatuation with Dex from season 1.

I think everyone will accept the fact that Laguerta got over obsessed and was killed just as Dex made it look. The warrant didn't even go to the judge yet, hence why it was still at Lagertta's house.

The only thing that kinda looks bad is the call Deb made to dispatch.

Yeah, I thought Deb poisoned herself, so my theory on that was wrong. Ha....

Huh, turned out I was wrong too. At first I thought she was just sparing Dexter's feelings by taking the blame, but Hannah's successful poisoning streak ends with Deb?

tVNNW.gif

I'm all for people having opinions and enjoy reading opinions that differ from my own....that being said... I am thoroughly confused as to how some people think this season was bad...

While I am pretty pissed about Isaak... by no means do I think it ruined the season. I do think they should have ignored Estrada... LaGuerta could have easily done the same thing using Isaak and have a few different plot points..

but this season was easily one of the best. I liked it more than season 4 (which is a great season, but amazingly overrated.)...

I dont know, maybe its because I consider season 6 to be god awful and in no way would I put season 7 any where near the same boat as that.

It was definitely the best season since 4. Isaak was awesome and all but seriously, Dex is making kills in broad daylight now. It could be because Dex is slipping further and further away from the code and getting sloppier but I doubt it. It feels like they're having him make stupid decisions out of convenience. Oh, yeah, stab that guy in the back at a gun range! Sure, stick a needle in a dude's neck and toss him in your trunk at a public park!

I really don't think Angel is coming back next season. Dexter as a series is notorious for wrapping up story-lines and going off into new directions, despite what the audience presumes; ala Laguerta infatuation with Dex from season 1.

I think everyone will accept the fact that Laguerta got over obsessed and was killed just as Dex made it look. The warrant didn't even go to the judge yet, hence why it was still at Lagertta's house.

The only thing that kinda looks bad is the call Deb made to dispatch.

They made it a point to show that Angel still had feelings for Laguerta, he's not about to retire happily when she goes missing or is found dead after raving about Dexter being a serial killer.

And yeeeah they really wrote themselves into a hole there. Deb asks where Laguerta is, and then drives out there, in what I assume is a car that dispatch can track... and then goes to hug the person she just shot... mmmk. That was a powerful performance but I think keeping it in forced them into a corner for next season.

The awfulness of season 6 summarized in one gif.

25frm.gif

you have to admit, dexter really changed. in the beginning his adoptive father harry told him that he has a sickness, and noone really can help him, that's why he gave him the code, to ensure that dexter will always use his desire only to kill guilty/bad guys...

look at dexter now...suddenly the guy who had no feelings for other people...started to feel something..without therapy...not possible in my opinion..i dont like it...they changed him massiv..watched the final a second time and you clearly see that the writers messed up pretty big....debs really screwed up, she's more ****ed up than dexter...i mean dexter has his sickness, but what does debs have? nothing...killing an innocent person...unarmed...dexter telling her to kill him...she kills laguerta...then gives her a hug..this was comedy..i also think dexter's plan was hilarious...he kills the killer of his mother with a knife and then he wants to make it look like a gunshot, coming from laguerta, but he wants to kill her with a knife too? what the ****? dexter seriously? but hey...miami police department a group of clueless persons...why not go for it...noone really could figure out what happend...

sorry guys...but this final was pretty messed up in many ways...but I'm used to it. the writers really destroyed dexter and the idea behind this show..

Now it would be really funny if next season Dex & Deb aren't suspected by anyone for LaGuerta's death, Dex especially. I mean come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"