ampersands art

it just seems a little to shaded, like you cant really see the eye slits clearly

ampersand said:
scan00314aw.jpg

His face is mostly in shadow, so only the left (his right) eye is visible. The other is supposed to be entirely in shadow, but it's a bad scan.

Hey ampersand, you've mentioned a few times that you use a Brush Pen. I was thinking about getting one and I was wondering if there's a particular brand or website that you might reccommend. They seem really cool.

I use Faber Castell Pitt artist pens. They come in many colors but I only have a few black ones and a set of greyscale ones. The best part about them is they actually use india ink. They work great and last pretty long if you take care of them. Once the tip gets messed up I open a new one and use the old to block in large blacks (like on the batman above). I've seen them at most art stores, check em out.

Comments and criticisims.

If you use the middle point of the star as a guide to the middle of his chest, the left arm is coming out of his back.

Also his right knee is awkwardly aligned to his foot. Its almost impossible to have your knees on one side of your leg, and you ankles facing another.

Your right on both counts, Cybermonkeytron. I fixed the leg one already but I didn't notice the star thing until you said it. Thanks!

ampersand said:
Comments and Criticisms

and thanks

Ahh ok but I don't think you need criticisms b/c your stuff is great how they are :up:

ampersand said:
scan00314aw.jpg

WIP of Ultimate Captain America in WWII. I have big plans for this, expect updates.

really cool, i like the pose and everything.

I will!
Infact I went out and bought some new inking brushes today, and this is going to be their trial run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"