Deadpool 2 Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Fallen, May 11, 2018.

?

Deadpool 2

1. 90% - 100%

2. 85% - 89%

3. 80% - 84%

4. 75% - 79%

5. 60% - 74%

6. 59% and below

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Leenie Registered

As a big MCU fan myself ... The Deadpool franchise does not need any saving. Loved the first movie, and I'm very excited to see this second one tomorrow night. :up:

And I'd rather the X-Men not cross paths with the Avengers on film altogether. For several reasons (but that's another story).

2. Anonymous1213 Registered

Up to 88% but will probably drop once a rotten review comes in lol

3. LoganGambit87 Registered

wow 88% it keeps on rising who would of thought deadpool 2 would be higher than infinity war on RT lol

4. Fallen I'm done running from my past.

TOMATOMETER
    88%
    Average Rating: 7.2/10
    Reviews Counted: 137
    Fresh: 120
    Rotten: 17

5. honestbharani Registered

But VA was pretty spot on about JL, wasn't he?

6. -JKR- Registered

He was spot on because he saw it at a test screening. Simple. Here... he tried to play Hollywood insider with Jeremy Conrad, and they created this narrative where the filmmakers had a huge blunder on their hands and were desperate to fix it with heavy reshoots. Nope, this wasn't heavily reshot. It was business as usual.

7. honestbharani Registered

Well, even if its heavily reshot as long as the final movie is good, who cares? :)

8. def28 Registered

They took notes during the screenings for which jokes (cause there are tons) were hitting right and added scenes for Cable and Domino. I believe Leitch said two for Domino.

Cause yeah even with those extra scenes I still wanted more from them. Domino was a lot of fun.

9. Zyraquis Registered

I actually thought infinity war’s score would be mediocre and 70ish at best given so many factors were against it as a movie for typical critics to judge. It wouldn’t surprise me this is better reviewed. I’m still 50/50 about seeing it though in cinema.

10. -JKR- Registered

No one. It doesn't matter. But you know, creating an entire narrative about how the filmmakers are desperate and struggling to save a movie is just BS..... 'cause that's what Jeremy Conrad and his minions did. :whatever:

Was he upset that Deadpool 2 could eat into Infinity War's box office, or what?

#135 -JKR-, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  11. Zant Registered

I know right.... how dare a non- MCU comic book movie makes a lot of money and get great reviews....:oldrazz:

12. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Well.... yeah, I'm asking why that's happened with the past two superhero movies as it isn't the norm. The scores always drop once American critics weigh in, they rarely ever stabilize or go up. I guess both Deadpool and Infinity War had the American reviews come out the same time as everyone else.

13. Sithborg The Pink Devil

When the score goes down, it means that more negative reviews than positive were coming in.

14. Fallen I'm done running from my past.

TOMATOMETER
    85%
    Average Rating: 7.2/10
    Reviews Counted: 143
    Fresh: 122
    Rotten: 21

15. honestbharani Registered

I am as big of a MCU fan as you can find, but I am absolutely delighted with how well Deadpool turned out and can't wait to check out DP2 given all the good reviews and WoM it is getting already. If Conrad really is hating on DP2 for some stupid misguided MCU fandom, that is just sad af. You expect people after a certain age to have grown up a little bit at least.

16. The Endless WE are Groot

Im a fan of the MCU. Its a stunning achievement.

But let's be real here, Deadpool would not have been made there. At least not in this way.

I won't give credit to Fox for the first film... But they do deserve credit for letting Reynolds and co off the leash for the sequel.

17. JOE _________________________

I don't. The movie made 783M worldwide which is more than any other FOX CBM with a next to nothing budget. It was a no brainer, that doesn't deserve credit in the slightest.

18. honestbharani Registered

The only people who deserve credit for DP are Ryan Reynolds and the team that got the first movie made. Fox did not greenlight it till the footage came out and I feel it would have been the same with Disney. And now that DP has come out and succeeded, twice from all accounts, Disney would be stupid if they did not let DP be and do his own thing. Juz give him the whole Disney library, not just Marvel and MCU, to make fun of.

19. -JKR- Registered

They still allowed them to make the movie R-rated, as intended, instead of forcing them to tone down the material. And, frankly, that was a huge risk. It took them a lot of time to greenlight it, but when they did, they did it the right way, by allowing Reynolds & Co. to make the movie they wanted. Deadpool, in this exact shape and form, would've never been made at Disney. They also invested all they had to push and promote the movie, when they could've simply thrown it out without much effort... which often happens with mid-budget movies.

20. honestbharani Registered

I don't know.. I agree Disney would not have allowed the movie to be made the way it was but Fox was at a desperate situation too, which shows why they green-lit it back in 2015 or whatever it was but did not do so the previous whatever number of years. So as I said, to me, the folks involved in making the movie are the ones who deserve the credit.

21. -JKR- Registered

Nope, they weren't. It was announced in 2014, and by the way had just released their most successful X-Men movie at that point.

Even with all the online hooplah they could've chosen not to greenlight Deadpool, and especially not to take the risk to make an R-rated comic book adaptation.

The filmmakers deserve credit for how the movie itself turned out, but Fox definitely deserves credit for allowing them to make it... and for putting in all their resources to make it a hit, instead of just throwing it on the market like an unwanted stepchild.

I know it's hip to hate on Fox, but sometimes it would be wise to have a more objective standpoint when talking about this stuff.

22. The Endless WE are Groot

Well they didn't give them much resources. 58 million is peanuts.

23. -JKR- Registered

Was talking about the marketing campaign.

24. honestbharani Registered

Well, I did not follow the production as closely for these movies then as I do now but I still find it hard to give them credit when they kept them in the closet for that many years and it took leaked test footage for them to green-light it. And wasn't the marketing campaign suggested by the makers themselves?

25. -JKR- Registered

It was a collaboration between the Fox marketing dpt. and the filmmakers.