Anime Series Recommendations?

hippie_hunter said:
Rurouni Kenshin is a must
Definetly. Rurouni Kenshin is great. Also as others have said. Samurai Champloo is excellent. You already said you liked Cowboy Bebop (which I also am a fan of). Samurai Champloo is created by the same people so if you liked that style you should check it out. I really enjoyed it. Most of the shows other people have named are really good shows to check out.

I would recommend "Hajime No Ippo", or as it is called in America, "Fighting Spirit." It is a boxing anime centered around the journey of a timid High School student, Ippo Makunouchi, who enrolls in a boxing gym after a boxer saves him from some bullies.

The DVD releases are over halfway done(they are on episode 55 of 70 something). However, the dub isn't all that great and the subs get some of the termonolgy and references wrong. At one point they mention Sugar Ray Leonard, but the subs say Raynard and there is another point where some of the boxers are demonstating a boxing technique and the subs incorrectly lable it.

This is probably my favorite manga right now. Even though it is over 70 volumes long and still going it has GREAT pacing. The only downside to the anime is it stops RIGHT before the best fight of the series takes place. But unfortunatly it was up against Final Fantasy Unlimited at the time and couldn't compete.

Maybe you guys have seen it. Anime comes out pretty late where I'm from: Gun X Sword. The character designs are excellent but the storyline is abit of an acquired taste

sandwraith said:
Maybe you guys have seen it. Anime comes out pretty late where I'm from: Gun X Sword. The character designs are excellent but the storyline is abit of an acquired taste

Aquired taste? I heard Van was a cheap imitation of Vash the Stampede.

Visually he looks more like a lankier version of Spike Spigel. Not sure whether he can be compared to Vash in terms of visuals or characteristics. I wish I knew how to post images, that way you'd know what I'm talking about. He's more like Spike because he seems pretty laid-back but not as happy. Also he has this vengeance thing going. I watched it only for Carmen 99 anyways

Ouran High School Host Club...

Just as funny as the manga! :up:

Trinity Blood

KingOfDreams said:
This really disappointed me. It was too short and there really wasn't a conclusion.

Well, watch the current series...

...Seems my buddy also wants to recommend Yakitate! Japan...

Supposedly it's very funny, but you either need to d/l or buy imports

sandwraith said:
Visually he looks more like a lankier version of Spike Spigel. Not sure whether he can be compared to Vash in terms of visuals or characteristics. I wish I knew how to post images, that way you'd know what I'm talking about. He's more like Spike because he seems pretty laid-back but not as happy. Also he has this vengeance thing going. I watched it only for Carmen 99 anyways

Hmmm....

van9wu.png

Van

spike0tm.png

Spike.

Not the similarities in hairstyles (well, Van never takes off his hat so that's pretty hard to notice) and eye colour (red)

carmen9925sr.jpg

And here's the lovely Miss Carul or as she prefers to be called, Carmen 99 for her...ahem...size of her assets and the number of tools she keeps hidden. I apologize for the lack of good pictures. Gun X Sword doesn't seem well circulated around the Net as of yet. This is the 215mm figurine I intend to get once it hits the streets. Its about 45-50 USD. Worth it?

Dorian Gray said:
The Saiyuki Series
YES!!!!!!! This guy speaks the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody watch it NOW!:mad: :mad:

Got through about 8 Gantz episodes so far, really enjoying it.

Could anybody fill me in on this IGPX thing? It's on Toonami now and I've never heard of it before....

It's just another mecha anime. Basically, they compete in a tournament of some sort with their mechanized vehicles. It's mediocre, in my opinion.

Hmm weird. I'll try and find the earlier episodes if I can. Or the manga,if there is one

Ah well.

wikipedia says there was a microseries of it back in 03. I thought I remembered something like that....

It's some kind of Toonami original, and it sux :down

Tsunulia said:
It's some kind of Toonami original, and it sux :down
Seems like a cool enough concept (though I'm sure done before) but I think it just needs better writers.:o

I am basing my judgement off of one and half episodes,though.:(

Latest I've seen is this show I dled from the net called....Uta....urm....Utawarerumon(?). Typical fantasy styled Harem affair with fluffy tailed girls, elven girls, winged girls, assortment of other girls I've yet to see but probably exist. I'm told it was based on a Strategic RPG with some H elements. The series is that, I suppose, sans the H like Tsukihme and Fate/Stay Night though I'm a fan of neither

sandwraith said:
Latest I've seen is this show I dled from the net called....Uta....urm....Utawarerumon(?). Typical fantasy styled Harem affair with fluffy tailed girls, elven girls, winged girls, assortment of other girls I've yet to see but probably exist. I'm told it was based on a Strategic RPG with some H elements. The series is that, I suppose, sans the H like Tsukihme and Fate/Stay Night though I'm a fan of neither
Sounds like ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"