Anime that would make Great Movies

Da Games Elite

Civilian
Reaction score
Yo! With all the comic book movies that seemed impossible to become movies years ago (varying from Hellboy to Ghost Rider to Transformers) with surprisingly realistic effects to make the movie believable, it would make more and more sense that an anime would make a good translation to film. Forget any past attempts and other sorts of movies. With a clean slate, what do you think would make the best movies out of anime?

Personally, I feel that movies like Ghost in the Shell (which I heard is being made into one in Hollywood), Akira, and series like Fruits Basket, Evangelion (being made in Japan, not USA), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, and Rurouni Kenshin would translate wonderfully. Despite being one of my favorite series, Fushigi Yuugi wouldn't translate too good, I think mainly, due to the length of the story and such. It would need to be made into, easily, five films just to summerize the series and the plot lines. It would be difficult to fit the plot. As far as effects go, no prob. Dragonball Z would not translate well. It would be ruined so horribly if made into a movie.

What do you guys think?

Gungrave in Martin Scorsese's hands (The Departed, The Goodfellas) :wow:

Peacemaker Kurogane in Edward Zwick's hands (The Last Samurai)

Fullmetal Alchemist in Peter Jackson's hands (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) :wow:

Naruto in a combination of both Ten Shimoyama's (Shinobi: Heart Under Blade) & Stephen Chow's (Kung fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) hands :word:

Afro Samurai or Samurai Champloo in Quentin Tarantino's (Kill Bill) hands

I would love to see Bleach or .hack roots film done. I don't know who they should have do them. For Bleach i would have it be about 3-4 hours skim through till Ichigo fights Byakuya:yay:

Gunslinger Girls directed by James Cameron. Rated R of course.

You know, maybe Samurai X would make a great adaption by Quentin Tarantino. He already did Kill Bill, and the style of each isn't too different (I mean visually), and Tarantino is an excellent director.

I'd love a Trigun movie. The way it combines sci fi and western is radical. :)

Gungrave in Martin Scorsese's hands (The Departed, The Goodfellas) :wow:

Peacemaker Kurogane in Edward Zwick's hands (The Last Samurai)

Fullmetal Alchemist in Peter Jackson's hands (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) :wow:

Naruto in a combination of both Ten Shimoyama's (Shinobi: Heart Under Blade) & Stephen Chow's (Kung fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) hands :word:

Afro Samurai or Samurai Champloo in Quentin Tarantino's (Kill Bill) hands

...Have I told you... you're like... awesome?!

Naruto
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Trinity Blood
Gantz
Speed Grapher
Getbackers
One Piece
Blood+

and cheesey, but Inuyasha and Sailor Moon will always have a special spot in my heart... :(

Naruto
Bleach
Samurai Champloo
Trinity Blood
Gantz
Speed Grapher
Getbackers
One Piece
Blood+

and cheesey, but Inuyasha and Sailor Moon will always have a special spot in my heart... :(

You know, maybe Samurai X would make a great adaption by Quentin Tarantino. He already did Kill Bill, and the style of each isn't too different (I mean visually), and Tarantino is an excellent director.

Samurai X and Kill Bill are very different. Samurai X was a realistic take on very exaggerated world of Rurouni Kenshin. Kill Bill takes place in this real world but in a very exaggerated take on it.

Anyone else see Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Desperado) as a good candidate for directing a Trigun movie ?

Absolutely.
Seeing the action that was in Desperado and the church scene in Once Upon A Time In Mexico was great.

:woot:

Anyone else see Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Desperado) as a good candidate for directing a Trigun movie ?

i liked how they had nice colorations though i haven't seen trigun so i'm not sure what effects Rodriguez would try to do if he made the film. Whoever made Advent Children should do the .hack film. I am thinking it would be cgi gameplay for most of the film.:o But now i know it will never happen if no one else in a anime forum has mentioned it.

Noir
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing

You guy pretty much posted everything I was goning to say :mad:

Hmm... This is just a kick off but how about... Kurt Wimmer Director of "Equilibrium" and "Ultraviolet".. doing i dunno.. Bleach??? both the movies he did had swords in them.. soo... Ah. i had it earlier and i lost it. :/

Dragonball Z - Shaolin Soccer/Kung-Fu hustle but a bit more serious.
Bleach
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop

Well, I'd also like to see a live-action FMA movie.

Also, has anyone else noticed that there were talks about a live-action movie for Cyborg 009 (got this from wikipedia)?

And has anyone thought of doing Astro Boy?

Just a couple of questions for you.

I heard they were making Astro Boy into a movie. And they are making Evangelion into one. And Ghost in the Shell.

Full Metal Alchemist movie.
The Rock

As Scar

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back