Anime Series Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Happenstance, Apr 6, 2006.

1. WallCrawl Registered

Sounds like it might be Utawarerumono.

Hakuoro has lost his memory after succumbing to serious injuries; but thanks to a elderly woman and her granddaughter Eruruu, he is nursed back to health. His face is covered by a strange irremovable mask and he occasionally sees beastly visions. Eruruu now cares for him as he becomes accustomed to the village and its inhabitants who all bear strange ears (the women have tails too). Though these people venerate the forces of nature, desecration of an alter forces them to take drastic measures to preserve their lives from the wrath of Mutikapa-sama, guardian of the forest.

[​IMG]

2. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

that be the one, Wallcrawl

3. Happenstance Registered

Im back in my anime mood at the moment, trying to decide which series to get next. Problem is im not sure what im in the mood for, I think I want something more characterbased but with enough action that it doesnt get boring.

4. WallCrawl Registered

You should give Planetes a try. It's more of a drama than an action oriented series, but it has enough humor and action-based tense dramatic sequences to keep you on the edge of your seat.

5. Sabretooth Registered

What the **** is Zatch Bell? I'm watching it now and it's like these two puppet/midget thingies going back and forth :confused:

6. Da Docta Come On!

It's like Pokemon.

He's a mamodo or something. Each episode shows Zatch crying about some other mamodo because of some pathetic emotional story.

7. Sabretooth Registered

So it sucks monkey nuts?

8. Da Docta Come On!

Yup. But I watch it just for the sake of its pathetic dialogue. It's fun to watch stupid shows. :) The show tries to sound dramatic but really... it's just pathetic.

9. Sabretooth Registered

I wonder if the Japanese version is any better. I mean,they always ass rape anime when it gets licensed.

10. Tsunulia Queen of the Kitties

Zatch Bell has it's own frikin card game. It's a Pokemon rip off.

Mamodo get sent to the human world to find human partners who can read their special books so the human can read the spells and make the mamodo do something. In short the mamodo can't do a blasted thing on their and need a human to tell them what to do so they can beat up other mamodo doing the same thing.

Tries to be all serious but is more annoying than Bobobo IMO. I'm pretty sure it's Gray Delisle doing the voice of Mamodo Z in the English dub, but she does the exact same voice she does for Wooya (sp?) on Xiaolin Showdown. When I her those parts, I forgot that Zatch was on and kept wondering where the heck all the Xiaolin apprentices were.

11. SSJ4_Mikael Guest

GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka is the best series I watched so far.
    You can view the whole series on youtube.
    (Just search for "GTO 1" than "GTO 2" ect.)

12. Sabretooth Registered

Bobobo is a random,but cool show. It's pretty good as a humor piece.

13. Da Docta Come On!

They don't show it here. :mad:

14. Oerwinde Registered

Fushigi Yuugi is a must. I also recommend Mobile Battleship Nadesico, Escaflowne, Evangelion, and FLCL.

Oh, and while Fushigi Yuugi is one of the best animes I've ever seen, one part of it can get really irritating. But you can fix it by turning it into a drinking game. Every time there is an exchange of "Tamahome.... Miyaka...." take a shot.

15. WallCrawl Registered

That'll kill you from alcohol poisoning 10 minutes into any episode.

16. Tsunulia Queen of the Kitties

Fushigi Yuugi is the ultimate evil :cmad: I want to kill it. It is evil! :cmad:

17. Fenryr Registered

Just finished the entire run of Hanaukyo Maid Tai, OAV and all. I've been getting back into anime a series at a time thanks to YouTube, and it was one of the first that popped up in a search.

Lots of throwaway fanservice, and while some of the maids seem like caricatures of other characters from Read or Die, Love Hina, Tenchi, and Ah! Megami-Sama!, it's to be expected. Originality isn't in high demand as far as anime is concerned. Not bad, really, and it's only 15 episodes at 15 minutes each, so you can knock it out in around 4 hours.