Anime that would make Great Movies

Hellsing: Directed by Quentin Tarantino
Big-O: by Chris Nolan
Cowboy Bebop: by the guy who did Sin City (cant remember his name right now)

Legend of the Overfiend :D

Seriously though, still waiting for Evangelion.

Vision of Escaflowne by Ridley Scott (he hasn't done a fantasy flick since Legend! :wow: )

DBZ by Steven Chow

Lupin the Third by Rob Rodriguez (after he's done with Trigun, X-Ray!)

Astro Boy by Brad Bird and Pixar.

Battle Angel Alita by James Cameron, dammit! (When's he gonna make that thing? From his grave?!)

Rurouni Kenshin by -- Me! :woot:

...Hey, we're wishin' here, ain't we?

-- END!

DBZ! DBZ!

Naruto would be entertaining. Perhaps Ruroni Kenshin, too?

It's official that Astro Boy is being made. But, here's a question, does anyone think Elfen Lied can be made into a movie?

Fullmetal Alchemist could be done, and would be very awesome!

I would like to see film adaptations of Bubblegum Crisis/Tokyo 2040 by Paul Verhoeven, Dominion: Tank Police by whoever's willing and Slayers (Lina inverse & co) by whoever's willing.

Never saw it. Any good?

Whoa, buddy. I'd Google the title and preview it a bit before diving into that one. And treat any link regarding it as NSFW.

'Good' is a relative term...

VIVAFIRE69 said:
That would be the S###

Word. I really can't see any other director pulling off the fights, the humor, the melodrama, the look and the sheer frenentic madness that is DBZ other than Mr. Kung-Fu Hustle/Shaolin Soccer himself.

Dr. Fate, :up: for all your picks. I'm thinkin' Luc Besson for Dominion? If he ever decides to stop producing and direct again.

-- END!

Whoa, buddy. I'd Google the title and preview it a bit before diving into that one. And treat any link regarding it as NSFW.

'Good' is a relative term...

Word. I really can't see any other director pulling off the fights, the humor, the melodrama, the look and the sheer frenentic madness that is DBZ other than Mr. Kung-Fu Hustle/Shaolin Soccer himself.

Dr. Fate, :up: for all your picks. I'm thinkin' Luc Besson for Dominion? If he ever decides to stop producing and direct again.

-- END!
Thank you Crazy Monkey. A friend of mine once recommended Quentin Tarantino for Dominion Tank Police, which I guess might work even though I'm not a big fan of Quentin Tarantino.

You like redheads, and don't like Tarantino. These are two distinct signs of intelligence.

-- END!

I can't honestly think of one that would actually be a good move to go into a live action movie.

although i can see plenty going the route of a a completely CGI one like advent children

Beserk is one violent anime and the BBFC in the UK - knowing them considering they banned manhunt 2 here - would prolly ban it.

damn them, its only an anime the rejects, if they think people too immature shouldnt watch it they should put it on after the watershed(9PM) i mean they do the same with everything else thats violent like movies and stuff

I think Hokuto no Ken is way more violent (though not as sexual) than Berserk, it was still a Goddamn kids manga.

If they can make 300, they can make Berserk.

Berserk is basically 300 meets LOTR.

Just watched the first episode of the live action One Pound Gospel. It's semi-faithful to the manga so far (the head of the gym is now a woman) and I think it has been apporpriately casted. The execution and comedy and all elements of the original manga are well transitioned to the small screen.

Sailor Moon
Samurai Champloo
InuYasha
Cowboy Bebop
Bleach
Cyborg 009
Trigun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"