Anime that would make Great Movies

seriouly, Tarantino is a great actor an all, but some of these anime ya'll are picking for him to direct are not even his style.

Samurai Champloo is really the only anime I can think of right away that even comes close to being similar to some of the movies he's directed.

Get the original soundtracks people to work with Wu-tang.
Tarantino Directing.
And the right cast...

Samurai Champloo could be the best martial arts film to come from the states in a long time.

I'm dying for a live action Evangelion remake. Hopefully if Speed Racer and Dragonball get good feedback from audiences, Evangelion will jump into the mix shortly afterwards. Heck, if Speed Racer is a huge hit, a studio might not even wait for Dragonball's BO numbers to greenlight Evangelion.

Transformers proved that giant robots are a viable subject for hundred million dollar blockbusters. Now, if Speed Racer can prove that Anime is a viable source material for hundred million dollar blockbusters, then we're in business. After all, when you've already done Speed Racer and Dragon Ball movies, Evangelion can't possibly be much further down the list in terms of prolific Anime franchises.

BTW, who better to play Gendo Ikari than Hugh Laurie? :D

114139752xp0.jpg
00000075482006092014410ds6.jpg

Evangelion is already in talks to be made into a live action. Has been for a while.

Jojos Bizarre Adventure. If only for Za Wārudo.

Outlaw Star would make me happy.
Read or Die would make me happy.
Cowboy Bebop would make me happy.

The Professional: Golgo 13
Golgo 13: Queen Bee
These would make great movies as long as they kept all of the Sex and Violence that are in the animated versions in.....

Evangelion is already in talks to be made into a live action. Has been for a while.

And that's the problem... It's been a LONG FRIGGIN' while. I don't really think that the producers at ADV actually have anything solid in place, but every couple of months they'll tease fans with some ambiguous statement like "We're in talks with an A list director, but we can't talk about it." My guess is we won't really hear much more about it until we get a look at how Speed Racer does at the BO.

What would everyone think if Blade of the Immortal was brought to the big screen?

Cowboy Bebop
-Love the Blade Runner atmosphere and the characters
-good ole fashioned sci-fi

Trigun
-I just really like the whole future where everything isnt really that futuristic Road Warrior style Old West revisited atmosphere.
-Plus the hero who seems inept but is really skillfull is a favorite archetype of mine.

I'd second that. It has a pretty decent plot and a lot of action, and given the stream of contemporary-society vampire movies made over the past decade, this just seems needed.
littlefootqn3.gif
Apparently, there's a director who made a trailer in order to petition for Hellsing. Here's the link:

I could imagine Trinity Blood also being adapted as a live-action movie.

Yeah I'd have to say...

Afro Samurai, got to have it.

Fullmetal would be alright.

Desert Punk might be a good one

Cowboy Bebop would probably be nice to see

Ruroni Kenshin, that would be real nice to see

Do movies studios have web sites to contact them at becuase shows like Kenshin,
Afro Samurai, and Samurai Champloon would be cheap to do and potential hits. I understand why they would hesitate to do shows like:
FMA (I would love to see this as a live action)
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star (I would love to see this as a live action)
Big O
Trigun (I would love to see this as a live action)

I would love to see Samurai Champloon on the big screen.

I've already called dibs on Kenshin

We'll split the job, like Rob and Frank on Sin City, or how the Cohens do. No worries friend. Unless you insist on casting white people, cause then...:bh:!!!

- END!

You know, Trigun would be nice too. I was thinking of how the setting would be on the big screen.

And with the music, man that would be a classic, or at least a cult favorite. Like Pulp Fiction.

Black Lagoon would be an awesome movie. Michelle Rodriguez is a dead ringer for Revy.

seriouly, Tarantino is a great actor an all, but some of these anime ya'll are picking for him to direct are not even his style.

Samurai Champloo is really the only anime I can think of right away that even comes close to being similar to some of the movies he's directed.

Get the original soundtracks people to work with Wu-tang.
Tarantino Directing.
And the right cast...

Samurai Champloo could be the best martial arts film to come from the states in a long time.
I totally agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"