Any Print Ad designers here?

Hole Shot

Better Than Smurfberries
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place but it seems as the best place to post this. I see a lot of talent congregating here so I have to assume there a few people that make their money using it.

Wouldn't consider myself a professional graphic artists. I just happened to know the basics of using photoshop and illustrator when I started my job over a year ago and landed the responsibility of design all the print pieces. My work isn't anything special but I'd say it has improved drastically since I began.

I'm starting this thread in hopes of meeting and networking with other people that design ads for a living and exchange ideas and get some pointers.

Hmm...I'm basically in the same boat you were in. I was pushed into Publication design on accident. However I work with only publisher and PS.

Nothing special.

I have done a few local publications on a free-lance basis. I am hoping to get a steady gig. Anyone in FL O-town area got a job opening? Help a broth'a out!

I've done some freelance design/illustration but I have a full time gig as a prepress supervisor. Setting up files for press. I've worked with pretty much every type of print output there is from digital inkjet to screen printing.

One thing I would definitely recommend is to learn how to create print ready designs. Nothing worse to a prepress operator than getting really messy art.

Hmm...I'm basically in the same boat you were in. I was pushed into Publication design on accident. However I work with only publisher and PS.

Nothing special.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

I'm sure you've seen a female before...o_O

:p

Sure I don't mind, it might take a while though, we're recovering from having a huge server crash which took some of my main projects. I admit yours is probably better than mine anyway.

I'll see if I can upload onto my google documents and PM you the link.
(most likely on Tuesday)

Also, a note about my job, I 'grew' into it and it's evolved but has never really had any support for the job description or hardware/programs specifically. I'm working off an old slow HP o_O Half the time I bring my Macbook into work to use for stuff.
And I'm starting to just set pages up in PS to save in PDF and print.

I have no training and no way to know if I'm doing *anything* right. o_O

Mrh7448 said:
I've done some freelance design/illustration but I have a full time gig as a prepress supervisor. Setting up files for press. I've worked with pretty much every type of print output there is from digital inkjet to screen printing.

One thing I would definitely recommend is to learn how to create print ready designs. Nothing worse to a prepress operator than getting really messy art.

Ah, I have a question for you then. I work for a Church and we do all of our own printing/copying for mail outs, flyers, bulletins etc. Which doesn't really seem like much but...when you factor in all the various ministries and events we have our fair share of rushes.

Anyway, I don't know if you can help me with this, but is there any printer that can handle card stock comfortably? Our Laser printer can't handle card stock and our Ink jets just hardly.

I do print web and programming

Here's a mobile billboard I just designed last week and started circulating on Friday

000_0072.jpg

i've an hnd in graphic design haven't done any client work really. though thats cause i've focused on my photography for the past 2 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"