March FAN ART Contest - ENTER HERE

Claire.jpg

awesome arcarsenal, your style is really cool, i hope ill finish mine on time, have a lot of work right now. I hope i can do something this weekend

What a great theme this month!

I was so torn over who to design a costume for, but in the end I decided to do Jessica... She's so wonderfully evil.

Jessica.jpg

Let me know what you all think!​

LOL. Fatality

hey, blk superman2, are you going to enter this months contest?, i love your stuff

hey, blk superman2, are you going to enter this months contest?, i love your stuff

Thanks man. No I've been too busy to do much of anything lately. I'll probably won't enter this month or next month. But in May I should be completely done with school and back to drawing again.:hyper:

LOL. Fatality

hahaha... exactly what I was going for! My bro used to take me with him to the arcade when I was little and forced me to watch him play Mortal Kombat 2... this is the result of many many hours of spectator gaming!

Nathan_Patrelli_by_Johnny_DC.jpg

I haven't submitted anything in a while. I figured I should for this contest since I'm a fan of the show.

Made in Paint.

That's pretty cool Johnny, but where's his super suit?

Um... does business suit count? I admit that I don't usually read the rules; I just look at the theme. My bad.

I haven't submitted anything in a while. I figured I should for this contest since I'm a fan of the show.

Made in Paint.

despite the lack of costume, pretty darn solid likeness.

Maybe we'd get more entries if this wasn't just a costume design contest. I, for one, have no desire to design a cheesy costume for the Heroes characters (no offense to those who have submitted entries. Good work guys! :up:) It's counter to the reality of the show.

i agree with johnny,it does take away from the realism(not that i dont like the entries)

Made in Paint.

Not much of a costume, but you did great for Paint, and Nathan is by far my favorite character.

Maybe we'd get more entries if this wasn't just a costume design contest. I, for one, have no desire to design a cheesy costume for the Heroes characters (no offense to those who have submitted entries. Good work guys! :up:) It's counter to the reality of the show.

The entire idea or theme this month is to have FUN - sort of a 'What IF' thing... and design a "cheesy costume" ;)
I love the show and it's "reality" and would hate to see any one of the characters strap on some spandex & a cape... ON TV!

The idea with some of these contests is to think outside of the box...

It's an exercise in creativity and ability

Sheesh...

This is a FANART forum, as opposed to a promote-the-realism-of-TVs-'Heroes' forum. (I'll suggest you stay far away from 'Heroes' fan fiction because, believe it or not there are jerks out there who are writing stories that exist in the 'Heroes' universe but contain events that DON'T HAPPEN ON THE TV SHOW?!?!?)

As for simply not liking the theme, I completely agree the themes have been a little narrow in their focus recently NOT BECAUSE OF A COSTUME DESIGN ASPECT, but rather the fact that a 'Heroes' costume design contest limits entries to those from people who WATCH 'Heroes'. I do, so I entered this month.

If you want broader themes that allow you to pull from a variety universes as a way of expressing creativity... ask for them.. NICELY!

But criticizing THE SINGLE creative element of the entire theme (the what-if aspect, EXCELSIOR referred to), after creating an entry based on a theme you apparently only read one word of... that word being 'Heroes'.... and I'm writing in hypotheticals, here...

In my opinion, that would be a bit silly.... hypothetically. Especially if you were doing that in a fan art forum... again, hypothetically.

These contests are supposed to be fun. If the theme for a given month isn't gonna be fun for you (and no matter how broad the theme, you can never please everyone) or if the theme makes you feel as though you are attacking the sanctity of a given movie/show/book/etc... That's doesn't sound fun. Don't enter.

DAMN! I didnt know there was a Heroes contest :csad:

...and at the last second...another claire

clairecolor.jpg

Love this... I always loved the irony that she's a superhero that wears a uniform that isn't a superhero costume (same with Matt).

The fact that you've altered her cheerleader uniform is pretty sweet, and I love the mask shape. Kinda like nightwing, which contrasts with the cheerleader look.

The hair is done really well, also!

ps: thanks for posting this, if for no other reason that we didn't end this thread with the great 'theme' debate!

I've still got an entry coming - it won't be as good as most of the ones here, but don't close the thread yet! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"