March FAN ART Contest - ENTER HERE

Sheesh...

This is a FANART forum, as opposed to a promote-the-realism-of-TVs-'Heroes' forum. (I'll suggest you stay far away from 'Heroes' fan fiction because, believe it or not there are jerks out there who are writing stories that exist in the 'Heroes' universe but contain events that DON'T HAPPEN ON THE TV SHOW?!?!?)

As for simply not liking the theme, I completely agree the themes have been a little narrow in their focus recently NOT BECAUSE OF A COSTUME DESIGN ASPECT, but rather the fact that a 'Heroes' costume design contest limits entries to those from people who WATCH 'Heroes'. I do, so I entered this month.

If you want broader themes that allow you to pull from a variety universes as a way of expressing creativity... ask for them.. NICELY!

But criticizing THE SINGLE creative element of the entire theme (the what-if aspect, EXCELSIOR referred to), after creating an entry based on a theme you apparently only read one word of... that word being 'Heroes'.... and I'm writing in hypotheticals, here...

In my opinion, that would be a bit silly.... hypothetically. Especially if you were doing that in a fan art forum... again, hypothetically.

These contests are supposed to be fun. If the theme for a given month isn't gonna be fun for you (and no matter how broad the theme, you can never please everyone) or if the theme makes you feel as though you are attacking the sanctity of a given movie/show/book/etc... That's doesn't sound fun. Don't enter.

Wow. :rolleyes: You took what I said very personally. I think you read my post in a harsh tone that I didn't write it in. I'm not criticizing anyone, I was just simply saying that I wasn't interested in drawing costumes for the Heroes characters because I would feel like it was cheesy, the equivelant of me drawing a superhero costume for Jack Bauer; I would just feel awkward doing it. I wasn't saying the theme was cheesy.

I'm aware this is a fanart forum and I'm not trying to promote anything. :confused: You pulled a lot out of my post that wasn't there. I apologize if I offended you, I guess? I made a simple mistake of submitting an entry with out a costume because I was under the impression that this was an anything-goes Heroes contest. I wasn't me being stubborn or trying to stick it to the man or anything, like I think you're implying. I don't think Heroes is being attacted at all by this month's theme. :confused:

And what's with the sarcasm? You make it seem as if I would be offended by fanfic. Okaayyy...

Wow. :rolleyes: You took what I said very personally. I think you read my post in a harsh tone that I didn't write it in. I'm not criticizing anyone, I was just simply saying that I wasn't interested in drawing costumes for the Heroes characters because I would feel like it was cheesy, the equivelant of me drawing a superhero costume for Jack Bauer; I would just feel awkward doing it. I wasn't saying the theme was cheesy.

I'm aware this is a fanart forum and I'm not trying to promote anything. :confused: You pulled a lot out of my post that wasn't there. I apologize if I offended you, I guess? I made a simple mistake of submitting an entry with out a costume because I was under the impression that this was an anything-goes Heroes contest. I wasn't me being stubborn or trying to stick it to the man or anything, like I think you're implying. I don't think Heroes is being attacted at all by this month's theme. :confused:

And what's with the sarcasm? You make it seem as if I would be offended by fanfic. Okaayyy...

JDC Matchew was addressing many posters that didn't like the theme not just you.

Don't take it personal.

Sweet job on your entry

...You're right. Sorry Mattchew. For some reason I thought you were addressing me personally. :o

let's let this topic die, shall we?

jc... you did a great entry.

hope there's no hard feelings.

Here is my entry!

sylarnt3.jpg

It's Sylar, if you can't tell. I drew him at a point after killing Isaac, hence the white eyes. The crossed "EI" symbol on his hat refers to the "evolutionary imperative" he always talks about. The watch he got his name from is around his neck as a keepsake. I included the HEROES RNA symbol on his jacket. I realize my coloring is crap, along with my anatomy, but I figure it's better than nothing. The tails on his hat are supposed to resemble DNA. And purple is the most evil color ever.

Here is my entry!

sylarnt3.jpg

It's Sylar, if you can't tell. I drew him at a point after killing Isaac, hence the white eyes. The crossed "EI" symbol on his hat refers to the "evolutionary imperative" he always talks about. The watch he got his name from is around his neck as a keepsake. I included the HEROES RNA symbol on his jacket. I realize my coloring is crap, along with my anatomy, but I figure it's better than nothing. The tails on his hat are supposed to resemble DNA. And purple is the most evil color ever.

Pretty sweet. I like that its kinda like Gambit, another guy of questionable character... although I don't remember him cutting anyone's head open.

Pretty sweet. I like that its kinda like Gambit, another guy of questionable character... although I don't remember him cutting anyone's head open.

Thank you!

You can't get any cooler than Gambit, but if Gambit DID cut someone's head open, I think he would instantly be my favorite Marvel character ever. :-)

Here is my entry,
Hope it isn't too late.

The H-Men
H-Men.jpg

Matt Parkman as Marvel Girl
Peter Petrelli as Rogue
Hiro Nakamura as the time traveller Cable
Nathan Petrelli as Cannonball
Claire Bennet as Wolverine
D.L. Hawkins as Shadowcat

Alternate title: The
122.jpg
-Men

great entry Artist Sean, that's a great parody

nice artistsean! it's funny, but I also like how you paired up the characters nicely with x-men equivalents and still managed to make it work visually.

Here is my entry,
Hope it isn't too late.

The X-Men
H-Men.jpg

Matt Parkman as Marvel Girl
Peter Petrelli as Rogue
Hiro Nakamura as the time traveller Cable
Nathan Petrelli as Cannonball
Claire Bennet as Wolverine
D.L. Hawkins as Shadowcat

Alternate title: The
122.jpg
-Men

LOL, that's awesome. You've actually nailed the likeness of the characters too. Especially Hiro.

Matt Parkman as Marvel Girl...I lol'd.

So glad everyone likes it.
Well I actually just traced them from the other picture of Heroes, but thats allowed right?

Here is one I forgot, only it isn't that good so its not part of the actual picture I submitted. So I hid it.
MicaForge.jpg
Micah Sanders as Forge

So glad everyone likes it.
Well I actually just traced them from the other picture of Heroes, but thats allowed right?

I totally approve. It's no different from a manip.

Glad to hear that, and I also didn't know it was a costume contest.

CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!

Thanks to everyone who entered... I'll get the voting gallery up tomorrow and a thread for the official voting!

NICE WORK GANG!

CM

Quick Idea:
2) Patriotic Character Idea: Draw any Marvel character, (or DC, Image, Darkhorse, whatever) redesigned to be more patriotic.
Taking a que from Frank Castle in how the Punisher changed his costume to be more patriotic. It could be called Red, White, and Blue contest, or R.I.P. Captain America. It would be cool to see Hellboy, Batman, Spider-Man, Witchblade, or whoever in more patriotic costumes, paying tribute to the late Steve Rogers....
the contest would be in honor of Captain America's death.

I insist on my western idea... Different heroes back at the far west. Not much related with anything brand new, but always interesting...

I'm open to ideas for the APRIL contest...

I insist on my western idea... Different heroes back at the far west. Not much related with anything brand new, but always interesting...

I'd do that...let's do that.

The Captain America one is good, too.

And what about that forum prize idea...I want a bigger avatar.

backpacking on uriondo's idea, what about heroes throughout the ages.

like a gladiator wolverine, or a samurai spiderman or something

I like the patriotic idea but...a lot of superheroes already have the whole red white and blue thing going for them. The western idea is good but I don't know how creative a lot of people could be with it.

Hmm.

What about we each come up with a counterpart from an alternate dimension for a known hero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"