Days of Future Past Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

marvelrob, it wasnt just ONE factor or another. The movie had many elements, all of them contributed to its boxoffice.

Its just that.

about this sequel, definetly, this movie has a strong chance of making bigger numbers than X3.

7 years after X3 and with 3D and Sentinels?

I wont be surprised if DOFP doubles X3 numbers, lol

Last edited:
Part of motatian for having teenage Cyclops and other teenage mutants(Including who was originally suspose to be Emma Frost) and be found by Xavier were to help set u the pre Bryan Singer version of First Class.They even hard Gambit and Deadpool to set up seperate solo films.That was part of problem with origins.They were adding too much.With The Wolverine they have learned.Besides the possable cameo by Famke Janssen all characters are ones that should be there from the Japanese storyline.

We know the WOlverine will tie to DOFP In some way we just don't know how but It seems from way they are talking to be something at end of film.That Is pure speculation
but It seems possable based on what has been said.

If the Famke Janssen cameo turns out to be In film I am skeptical there will be a resurrection of Jean.Most assumed Liem Neeson's appearance In Dark Knight rises
would be flashback with him and Tom hardy or him and Marion Cotillard.It turned out to be hallunication of Christin bale.That expercence just leads me to believe It will be
something similar here.We likely won't know till press screenings In summer.

this is my early prediction:

The Wolverine - $500m ww
DOFP - $600m ww

I really see Dofp doing more, but Ill play a lower card for now :)

I doubt The Wolverine movie will even cross the five-hundred million mark considering the box-office numbers of First Class and the reception of the first Wolverine movie. 3D might help it to earn more money but I don't think it will be as successful as the first Wolverine movie.

Days of Future Past might give this movie series a boost when it comes to box-office performance because its is going to be like "The Avengers" of the X-Men movie series. But its too early to tell. We should see how The Wolverine will perform at the box-office first.

I really hope you end being right....

but Im afraid that FC great critics and fan reception will help this movie a little bit, and with ticket prize difference with 2009 and the 3D will end helping too, so I highly doubt this second movie gets less or similar numbers to Origins.

Maybe it wont break the 500m mark, but there is a strong chance it will surpass 400m ww (as much as I dont want too)

Your really letting your anti-Wolverine attitude blind you.The Wolverine will defently do better than First Class domesticly.If orgins could get to 179 million domesticly and 193
million overseas Just Imagine what a good wolverine film could do.

A disappointing boxoffice for It can hurt the franchise.

I don't put It past them for Wolverine to be time traveler or time traveler has to recruit preadamanturn wolverine to help.Hugh Jackman Is not going to be a cameo in DOFP.

did you read my first prediction?

I said 500m Worldwide.

but I answered to psylock. saying it will probably end between 400-500. Im realistic, this second Wolverine movie will do MORE than Origins, and easily more than FC, with the help of 3D and FC great reception.

so how am I blind? :whatever:

Why is it an inconsistency?

In First Class, Moira worked for the CIA and was in her 20s. In X3, which takes place 30 years later, Moira was in her 50s and at some sort of medical/research institute.

There's something of an inconsistency in her going from an American CIA agent to a Scottish scientist, to be perfectly honest. The quickest fix for that I've read anywhere is the Moira that appears in the original trilogy is the daughter/niece/relative of the Moira from First Class.

In truth I just don't think either Singer or Vaugn really gave a crap about the characters from the comics. All they took were their names. Ages, histories and - in some cases - abilities were completely ignored or rewritten.

Part of motatian for having teenage Cyclops and other teenage mutants(Including who was originally suspose to be Emma Frost) and be found by Xavier were to help set u the pre Bryan Singer version of First Class.They even hard Gambit and Deadpool to set up seperate solo films.That was part of problem with origins.They were adding too much.With The Wolverine they have learned.Besides the possable cameo by Famke Janssen all characters are ones that should be there from the Japanese storyline.

As much as I'm not as keen on Singer as some, if FOX had appointed Singer or someone else to oversee a potential expanded universe with a series of spin-off films from Wolverine: Origins then those issues would probably have been addressed. I find it baffling that FOX didn't have their own expanded film universe before the MCU was established.

Last edited:
Recent comments by Singer make it sound like this movie will serve as a continuity fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"