• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Anyone else thinking of getting a Hi-Def player and TV because of Transformers?

Dude....they're free! Hell, if you're not going to take them, I'll take them for you! :oldrazz:

1) Avoid "Babel" like The Plague!! Horrrrrrrrilbe movie.
2) Say what you will about the "Hulk" movie, but it's one of the best looking HD DVDs I own.
3) "Swordfish" would give you Ms. Berry's boobies in HD. ;)
4) Have never seen it, but "Frighteners" is supposed to be a camp horror classic.
5) Easy. "Darkman" :)

Link to the mail-in rebate

I loved Babel. :ninja:

The new Toshiba HD-A30. Amazon's got them on sale, so it wasn't TOO bad price-wise...

Hadn't really decided on which five movies yet (it comes with 300 and Bourne Identity in the box). Will definitely get Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - husband is a HUGE Tim Burton fan - but apart from that, I couldn't care less about any of them.

Ohh, then I highly highly suggest you check out "Corpse Bride" on HD DVD. B-E-UTIFUL picture (and a pretty sweet movie, too)

Ohh, then I highly highly suggest you check out "Corpse Bride" on HD DVD. B-E-UTIFUL picture (and a pretty sweet movie, too)

As a matter of fact, I've rented it for this weekend. Haven't seen it before, so am looking forward to it.

As a matter of fact, I've rented it for this weekend. Haven't seen it before, so am looking forward to it.

Let me know what you think! This movie is pure Tim Burton, and the picture quality is just AMAZING!!

While this review may not be the most professional-sounding review I've read, it's the first review I've read of the "Transformers" HD DVD that'll be here in 4 DAYS:

Transformers.jpeg

Transformers
Paramount Home Entertainment
Released: 10/16/07
Review By: Joshua Noyes

Picture Quality - 4.5/5
Audio Quality - 4/5
Special Features - 5/5
Overall – 4.25/5

Comments: For this release Paramount went with an AVC encode on to two HD30 discs. This transfer is a keeper! The film grain is kept in check and the image is abundantly sharp. In many of the brighter/outdoors scenes the image really "pops" and is very vibrant. I saw no hints of macroblocking in any of the action sequences and also detected no noise during the viewing of this film. To me, this is the best video transfer I have seen for Paramount on HD-DVD thus far. There is a faint appearance of grain and softness in the darker scenes towards the end of the film, however this phenomenon seems to be present in most HDM releases and really is not a distraction. As far as AQ goes, I listened using the Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) option and it sounded excellent. The Center Channel presented the dialog in a clear and powerful manner, the Surrounds received consistent and accurate action and the LFE was used to perfection as it rocked my basement Home Theater. To me, this was the best I have heard of a DD+ track since King Kong. This release is also loaded with Special Features. I especially enjoyed the “making of” featurette which included some great interviews with the cast and crew. I also re-watched portions of the film with the audio commentary of Michael Bay, which for the most part was quite interesting. I also tried using some of the web enabled Special Features with my HD-A1, however I was never able to connect to the server. My guess is that the server does not go “live” until the release date of 10/16/07. In conclusion this is a very nice presentation, so if you are a fan of this film I can confidently recommend this purchase.
Source

Oh, and did I mention....4 DAYS!!! :D :up:

"Transformers" HD DVD Review:
The Movie Itself: 4/5
Picture Quality: 5/5
Audio Quality: 5/5
Bonus Material: 5/5

Video Quality on this release is 1080p in AVC MPEG-4 on a 30 gigabyte Dual-Layered HD DVD. Honestly straight up this is a flawless transfer with only a small amount of film grain present throughout. This is by far definitely superior to the DVD release. I had the chance to actually get to watch it a few times before this Review on DVD and I’ll say the difference is easily like “night and day.” So much more detail you’d never see on the DVD. The overall color palette is perfect and so are flesh tones. Speaking of flesh, 2 words “MEGAN FOX.” She alone is worth seeing in High Definition just herself. WOW! Speaking of WOW! let me say that the first glimpse we get of the new Chevy Camaro is sure to make any male’s (or female’s) jaw to drop for at least a few seconds. I’ve personally wanted one ever since they first showed the prototype to this car but I’ll say after seeing this I want one EVEN MORE!

The CG special effects with the robots look absolutely amazing in High Definition. In fact the transformations of the robots plagued the DVD release with tons of pixilation and artifacts. Well I can safely say to you that is not the case on this HD DVD release. This transformation process is truly something to behold. “TOTAL EYE CANDY” can be found here in all ways as I’ve discussed.

I had a very hard time finding any real pixilation or artifacts worth complaining about in the video transfer even though I’m sure Peter M. Bracke will surely find that and many other things he finds wrong but that’s beside the point. I will say my only real point that I didn’t think the video was consistent can be found in a few darker scenes where it seems like they purposely have added some film grain to set the feel of the cinematography. Overall Paramount (DreamWorks) has done a perfect video transfer of this film. It IS worth all the hype and then some.

Audio Quality on this release is in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 @1.5Mbps. Sure it’s a shame this film didn’t get a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 mix as well like “A Mighty Heart” (which Paramount is releasing on the same day). But honestly it still really rocks and gets the job done, let me explain why. First off from the beginning of the film with the narration “Optimus Prime” (voiced by Peter Cullen) does to the end his voice absolutely stands out more than any noise or explosion. Speaking of which explosions, gunfire, robot footsteps and just generally all the sound effects feel very lifelike with an amazing rear channel presence. The bass is absolutely thumping but not in a bad way. The Dialogue is perfectly driven and mixed throughout the course of the film.

I think the musical score and Soundtrack to the film are great. The choice of songs “Bumblebee” plays trying to help “Sam” get lucky sound great in a 5.1 mix. Also the Smashing Pumpkins song “Doomsday Clock” is really used at a perfect point of the film. Overall I think this audio mix is pretty damn impressive but at the same time it would have been nice to have both Dolby Digital Plus & Dolby TrueHD. Either way this gets the job done and is sure to wake the neighbors, after all it IS a Michael Bay film.

Click here for the full review.

image3full.jpg

3 Days :)

So, just wanted to report that my HD player arrived yesterday - hooked it up this a.m. to "test drive" it - it's AWESOME. It came w/a couple films (300 and Bourne Identity) and they look amazing. The upconverter is incredible too. Can't wait for TF to be out on Tuesday!!!! :woot:

So, just wanted to report that my HD player arrived yesterday - hooked it up this a.m. to "test drive" it - it's AWESOME. It came w/a couple films (300 and Bourne Identity) and they look amazing. The upconverter is incredible too. Can't wait for TF to be out on Tuesday!!!! :woot:

Yay!!!! :) Another believer. :D

Awesome. I am getting my HD Combo cause of TF and the upcoming Dark Knight!

I wish I had a TV with an HDMI thingy so I could actually go out and buy an HD DVD/Blueray player...:csad: :csad: :csad:

I think an HD DVD Player and HD TV are so worth it. I recently attended a press panel for New Line's release of Pan's Labyrinth on HD DVD. All I can say is WOW. Not only is Pan's Labyrinth my favorite film, but in HD, it looks orgasmically good. :woot:

I wish I had a TV with an HDMI thingy so I could actually go out and buy an HD DVD/Blueray player...:csad: :csad: :csad:

You don't need an HDMI port to get HD picture. As long as your tv is an HDTV, you're all set. Just get the player and go! :)

I've definately got the funds...

But I don't think my dad would approve, especially considering how we already gots 4 standard tvs in the house. One in my room, my brothers room, parents room and of course the living room. I just wouldn't have a place to put it.

:sigh: I guess i'll just wait til' i'm out on my own...

:dry:

*Sigh*

I made room.

About $800 later now, I own a 360, the HD DVD add on, and HD TV and Transformers in HD. I do not own any other movie (Well King Kong was included in the HD add on) and I do not own Halo 3, nor will I until I feel the need presents itself.

*Sigh*

I made room.

About $800 later now, I own a 360, the HD DVD add on, and HD TV and Transformers in HD. I do not own any other movie (Well King Kong was included in the HD add on) and I do not own Halo 3, nor will I until I feel the need presents itself.

Congrats!

Hey, don't forget to send in for the 5 Free movies you're qualified for! :)

Congrats!

Hey, don't forget to send in for the 5 Free movies you're qualified for! :)

I saw that offer on Amazon.com. I bought mine in a retail store though and....honestly I didn't even look through any papers that might have come in the 360 or the add on. So I take it the offer comes packaged with the add on regardless of where you buy it?

I saw that offer on Amazon.com. I bought mine in a retail store though and....honestly I didn't even look through any papers that might have come in the 360 or the add on. So I take it the offer comes packaged with the add on regardless of where you buy it?

The offer is good no matter where you buy it (well, as long as it's not a RE-sell place like Ebay).

Here ya go, buddy! :)

http://thelookandsoundofperfect.com/_pdf/perfect_hd_dvd_offer_redemption_form.pdf

Sweet, thank you. If only they had movies I was actually interested in. Ah well, one stamp is a pretty good deal.

The offer is good no matter where you buy it (well, as long as it's not a RE-sell place like Ebay).

Here ya go, buddy! :)

http://thelookandsoundofperfect.com/_pdf/perfect_hd_dvd_offer_redemption_form.pdf

Haha, imday, I'm so glad I found someone else on this board who isnt a blu ray ****e. Everyone seems like Sony owns them or something. HD is the best, mostly because IMO they have the best films on HD, and alot of bad ones on Blu-ray. A larger selection doesnt mean a better selection. :oldrazz:

I can't even say I am impressed with the HD quality. I needed a TV eventually, but I planned on getting it when I moved out. SO now I get to pay off that debt without paying rent. But from what I have been told I need to adjust the settings on the TV because it doesn't look HD at all. In fact, during some things I can see it a tad snowy I guess. I watched Transformers on one setting and it looked "Fine", that not being good when it's HD and then I watched the Packer that I had recorded on VHS, but I watched that under a different setting.

It's GFM if anyone is wondering.

This is by far the best HD DVD on the market right now. There is only one word to describe the movie itself.....WOW!!! I fealt like I was in the theater again. The surround is absolutely amazing. Has anyone connected to the internet with the movie? It only has a couple of features that you can download right now, but they do have a few other things that will be available later on. There just arent enough words to describe it. Lets start posting pics of our HD sets. I will start with my set up. This is not for bragging or anything like that, I would just like to see what people have. I absolutely love todays technology.

dsc00209ut9.jpg

This is by far the best HD DVD on the market right now. There is only one word to describe the movie itself.....WOW!!! I fealt like I was in the theater again. The surround is absolutely amazing. Has anyone connected to the internet with the movie? It only has a couple of features that you can download right now, but they do have a few other things that will be available later on. There just arent enough words to describe it. Lets start posting pics of our HD sets. I will start with my set up. This is not for bragging or anything like that, I would just like to see what people have. I absolutely love todays technology.

Yeah, I connected last night and started playing the features. Kinda silly, but fun. It is an awesome DVD, and the sound was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"