• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Anyone else thinking of getting a Hi-Def player and TV because of Transformers?

Alright, I have a little question. I was watching the movie in HD and I am wondering if I got a defective copy.

One thing I know is bad in it, the women losing her dress scene. I found that, I watched part of it, but then is started to skip and basically stopped playing completely.

The other thing, when you watch the actual movie and put on the option to get the bonus facts and goodies during the movie. It looks as if a little window on the side is supposed to pop up showing the voice actors at time recording their lines or show alternate/extended scenes. I can hear them just fine but there is no picture. I see a little line with the Transformers logo, but that's it. Should I return it for a new copy?

Alright, I have a little question. I was watching the movie in HD and I am wondering if I got a defective copy.

One thing I know is bad in it, the women losing her dress scene. I found that, I watched part of it, but then is started to skip and basically stopped playing completely.

The other thing, when you watch the actual movie and put on the option to get the bonus facts and goodies during the movie. It looks as if a little window on the side is supposed to pop up showing the voice actors at time recording their lines or show alternate/extended scenes. I can hear them just fine but there is no picture. I see a little line with the Transformers logo, but that's it. Should I return it for a new copy?

You need to just do a firmware update on the player. Our demo models at work do the same thing with my copy of the movie because they, too, haven't been updated.

Update your player, and those problems will be gone. :)

Crap, do I need an internet connection to do that?

Oh yeah, this is being played on my 360 hd player if that matters.

It helped a lot. Amazing what a little patch can do. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, it said in the media center it could play data disc's, does that include data disc's that contain avi files on them? I tried one but it didn't play so I am guessing it's just actual data as in software patches that it plays.

I asked for an HD DVD player for Christmas.

:wow:

TF HD DVD will go on my Amazon wish list then.

I also noticed with the new Harry Potter film on DVD, they're putting the HD DVD and the regular DVD on the SAME DISK!! :cmad:

It helped a lot. Amazing what a little patch can do. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, it said in the media center it could play data disc's, does that include data disc's that contain avi files on them? I tried one but it didn't play so I am guessing it's just actual data as in software patches that it plays.

Sorry this took so long to respond to.

Great to hear that my advice about the firmware update worked! :)

As far as data discs, I'm not sure how that works, as I've never tried it at all yet, so I don't have anything to respond with about that, unfortunately.

I asked for an HD DVD player for Christmas.

In order to up your chances of your parents biting on this deal, you should show them the current sale on Amazon.com: The Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player + 10 Movies...all for $179.99!! :wow:

TF HD DVD will go on my Amazon wish list then.
As it SHOULD! And if you're thinking that the chances of you getting that HD DVD player this X-Mas are good enough, you should check out the current "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale on HD DVDs at Amazon.com right now. :)

I also noticed with the new Harry Potter film on DVD, they're putting the HD DVD and the regular DVD on the SAME DISK!! :cmad:
Yes. That's called the "combo disc", and there are many HD DVDs that have this ability.

It's actually a very nice feature to have, as your HD DVD disc won't be confined to only playing where there's a nearby HD DVD player. Want to take it to a relative's house to watch? Want to let a friend borrow it? Want to watch it in the family van during a long trip? Unless everyone you know has an HD DVD player, you're gonna have to either bring them to your house, transport your HD DVD player around with you, or buy a separate DVD version of your HD DVDs if you want to do this...unless it's a combo disc. In that case, all you need to do is flip the disc over and you're able to watch that disc anywhere there's a standard DVD player!

Up until about a week ago, combo discs sold for about $5 extra each compared to the non-combo Blu-rays, but starting with "Oceans 13" and continuing with "Harry Potter 5" and on, these discs will now cost the exact same as the Blu-ray versions...but you'll get added portability with your HD DVD. :)

Sorry this took so long to respond to.

Great to hear that my advice about the firmware update worked! :)

As far as data discs, I'm not sure how that works, as I've never tried it at all yet, so I don't have anything to respond with about that, unfortunately.

In order to up your chances of your parents biting on this deal, you should show them the current sale on Amazon.com: The Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player + 10 Movies...all for $179.99!! :wow:

As it SHOULD! And if you're thinking that the chances of you getting that HD DVD player this X-Mas are good enough, you should check out the current "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale on HD DVDs at Amazon.com right now. :)

Yes. That's called the "combo disc", and there are many HD DVDs that have this ability.

It's actually a very nice feature to have, as your HD DVD disc won't be confined to only playing where there's a nearby HD DVD player. Want to take it to a relative's house to watch? Want to let a friend borrow it? Want to watch it in the family van during a long trip? Unless everyone you know has an HD DVD player, you're gonna have to either bring them to your house, transport your HD DVD player around with you, or buy a separate DVD version of your HD DVDs if you want to do this...unless it's a combo disc. In that case, all you need to do is flip the disc over and you're able to watch that disc anywhere there's a standard DVD player!

Up until about a week ago, combo discs sold for about $5 extra each compared to the non-combo Blu-rays, but starting with "Oceans 13" and continuing with "Harry Potter 5" and on, these discs will now cost the exact same as the Blu-ray versions...but you'll get added portability with your HD DVD. :)

I bow to you.

Thank you for that AWESOME information.

*e-mailing amazon link to parents now*

Getting a new Sony Bravia HD, then it going to be on :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz