The Amazing Spider-Man Anyone hate the shoes?

I didn't care because they didn't pop out as much as I thought they would.

This is one of the better pictures of the costumes shoes for those who aren't in the loop.

s.jpg

Of I was a guy who does extreme park core in New York City, I'd incorporate sneakers too and the silver gives a good effect.

Do people really always need something to ***** about?

I hope they give him a red hidden utility belt and web wings in the next film just to piss all you up.

Do people really always need something to ***** about?
Yep. I don't get it either. The only things I didn't really like about the suit at first was the pattern and the fact that the webs didn't look like the kind of stylized webs you normally see on Spider-Man and just looked like a grid. Other than that, I thought the costume looked great, much better than Captain America and Black Widow's costumes in The Avengers, which people seem to be clamoring for.

cant get a grip with rubber soles on
Uh, if your hands have those barbed finger tips and your attaching yourself to a wall, I don't see any problem in being able to climb up with shoes on.

The entire suit looks awful. And why are people arguing practicalities regarding a guy who can lift a bus? You might as well wonder if Vampires have a good dental plan.

It's a mystery how this character actually sticks to walls wearing shoes and gloves. Anyway, the suit don't matter if the character himself is a mute with zero personality. He was more Spider-Man in the non-classic suit than with it.

I barely noticed them the entire time, and even if I did, I could care less. Overall, it still looks like Spdiey.

©KAW;24258639 said:
It's a mystery how this character actually sticks to walls wearing shoes and gloves. Anyway, the suit don't matter if the character himself is a mute with zero personality. He was more Spider-Man in the non-classic suit than with it.

Yeah, presenting him as a childish unfunny, jerk is the way to go. Funny how that didn't help to put butts in seats though. I guess folks prefer the mute with zero personality.

Peter's not without being a jerk in the comics, and even Spider-Man thinks that his banter is unfunny, but he knows it's apart of his character. Being a mute with zero personality isn't.

Since when is 734M worldwide (...and rising) not putting butts in seats. How many comic book films has made this amount in 35+ years compared to the ones that didn't?

Hell, even SM3, the crap that it is, made more than the so-called great SM2 worldwide.

To be honest the first time I noticed the shoes in the movie was at the end of the final swing(The moon screenshot posted above)

BenReillyUnmasked.gif

For me the best Spider man costume ever is the Ben Reilly Costume

©KAW;24258757 said:
Peter's not without being a jerk in the comics, and even Spider-Man thinks that his banter is unfunny, but he knows it's apart of his character. Being a mute with zero personality isn't.

But then he hasn't had zero personality, which is why folks preferred the first three movies.

Since when is 734M worldwide (...and rising) not putting butts in seats. How many comic book films has made this amount in 35+ years compared to the ones that didn't?

Hell, even SM3, the crap that it is, made more than the so-called great SM2 worldwide.

It needed to, since it cost a helluva lot more. Just like ASM. The 700 plus means they haven't broken even yet, since the studio only gets half the gross. Less than half internationally. And with the cost of promoting the film, that ain't a lot.

But the bottom line for this discussion is that all of the films with the "mute" with "zero personality" and the better costume sold a lot more tickets.

But then he hasn't had zero personality, which is why folks preferred the first three movies.
Sadly, although I know you think so, the box office tally doesn't erase Spider-Man from being a mute with zero personality.

It needed to, since it cost a helluva lot more. Just like ASM. The 700 plus means they haven't broken even yet, since the studio only gets half the gross. Less than half internationally. And with the cost of promoting the film, that ain't a lot.
I don't know how much the studio gets, you all seem to be an expert in this. All I know is that they have to keep making films to keep the movie rights, so I'm good as long as the film doesn't star Maguire, Dunst and directed by Raimi.

But the bottom line for this discussion is that all of the films with the "mute" with "zero personality" and the better costume sold a lot more tickets.
Oh yeah, great for Sony, bad for the rotten betrayal of the title character. Maybe I should thank Marvel for making money off the Clone-Saga.

Nothing beats the classic if you ask me

Love the mechanical web-shooters, but I prefer them to be under the suit and unseen.

I said this before, but I think the TASM suit is much better than Raimi's. The Raimi suit is an almost perfect translation of the classic design, but I feel as though it's a little too bland for live action.

Little things like adding a texture to the suit, etc, really made this suit a great one in my eyes compared to the Raimi suit.

I was actively looking for it to bother me during the movie, but it didn't. So I'm glad.

©KAW;24259347 said:
Sadly, although I know you think so, the box office tally doesn't erase Spider-Man from being a mute with zero personality.

Obviously, since the films are so beloved and the majority of the public prefer Maguire as Spidey his lack of personality is something you and a minority of others see. And that's fine. God bless ya. You've gotten the Spider-Man movie you want to see. I've got three.

I love the shoes, they should be my next avatar material
When I would change
If I didn't choose one of the previous two decided choices

Oh heck, I LOVE THOSE SHOES

Amazing-Spider-Man1.jpg

GO GET 'EM TIGER

[blackout]Darned seating shot[/blackout]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"