The Amazing Spider-Man Anyone hate the shoes?

Obviously, since the films are so beloved and the majority of the public prefer Maguire as Spidey his lack of personality is something you and a minority of others see. And that's fine. God bless ya. You've gotten the Spider-Man movie you want to see. I've got three.

Since when? Where's the proof the do? I'm not saying they prefer Garfield but you can't just say they prefer Maguire for no reason.

Sure. Apart from the shoes -which I've already mentioned- The flashing webshooters bothered me. What possible reason did they have to flash except to sell toys of them to children?
The changes to the torso and gloves bothered me aswell because, like I said, they were just pointless. Change for the sake of change, y'know?

to be fare, NONE of the toys based on the webshooters light up.

only light up webshooter is the costume accessory by Disguise Costumes, and not many people even know about it

Since when? Where's the proof the do? I'm not saying they prefer Garfield but you can't just say they prefer Maguire for no reason.

i'd have to say just look around on the internet, specifically, yt comments, and tumblr

alot of people prefer tobey.

but the way i see it. regular movie goers prefer tobey, regular movie goers who are teenage girls with raging hormones prefer andrew

movie goers who are also comic fans are split

folks preferred the first three movies.
Have you done some sort of statistical analysis based on people's overall opinion regarding the film in comparison to the first three? If so, please show me some evidence. If not, please be quiet and stop making assumptions. Many of the people I know, who are not comic book readers in any way whatsoever, preferred the new film. Box office gross is unfair to use in the comparisons between the films. Spider-Man 1 was 2002, Spider-Man 2 was 2004, Spider-Man 3 was 2007, and Amazing Spider-Man was 2012. People's interest in seeing the character on the big screen again may not have been as great as it was 5 years ago.

And why are people arguing practicalities regarding a guy who can lift a bus?
Why shouldn't they? With your argument you could conceivably have Batman wearing a demonic armor from another dimension.

Oh and also, the only reason I can think of as to why some people in the general audience prefer Maguire to Garfield is because he was the first Spider-Man. They don't care about who did the character justice, just the fact that he was the first Spider-Man immediately makes him the best. bad place, a kid in my class said that even though he's too old to play a teenager and that this new film was supposed to be a reboot, Maguire should've returned just because he was Spider-Man in the first three.

Uh, if your hands have those barbed finger tips and your attaching yourself to a wall, I don't see any problem in being able to climb up with shoes on.

agh. why you gotta try to pick a fight with me?

Spider-Man doesn't have barbed fingertips genius. Sam Raimi and friends made that up along with organic web-shooters and Robo-Green Goblin. Static cling is a much better description of how his wall crawling typically works.

1553512-stick_super.jpg

So anyway, tell me, with microscopic barbs OR static cling how on earth can Spider-man do something like this through quarter inch rubber soled shoes?

images

Which is, essentially my point. I prefer a Spidey who can run and even stand up straight on walls. I like that in Spectacular Spider-Man he has to take his shoes off if he isn't in costume.

What if Peter goes for a more professional suit for the Sequel, what changes would you like for TASM 2 costume?
(it should be a thread)
MY changes:
-Better lenses(white)
-diferent symbol on the back
-smaller chest symbol
-full belt
-smaller or internal webshotters

Last edited:
So anyway, tell me, with microscopic barbs OR static cling how on earth can Spider-man do something like this through quarter inch rubber soled shoes?
He could support himself easily with just his hands. It's either that or having the pavement tear through the bottom of his "boot" when he's walking.

the only thing i ask for, is a slightly less prominent spider-butt.

2q9xsur.png

tumblr_m6qwzjszRA1qcgf1x.jpg

tumblr_m75yom2fy91qmx4jw.png

tumblr_m828jb1g7T1rr5tfu.gif

not to disappoint Emma.

The first comment for that link I see is...

I disagree to all of this I would rate this movie a 3 in a half

Hah, marvelous.

And....can we stop talking about Spider-Man's ash? I wish we could get past one thread NOT talking about Spidey's booty :funny:

Hah, marvelous.

And....can we stop talking about Spider-Man's ash? I wish we could get past one thread NOT talking about Spidey's booty :funny:

Anno why do you bring that up? anyone asked if you saw the comment
you are just forcing it , i get it you didn´t like the film

Obviously, since the films are so beloved and the majority of the public prefer Maguire as Spidey his lack of personality is something you and a minority of others see. And that's fine. God bless ya. You've gotten the Spider-Man movie you want to see. I've got three.
Hey, some people love crap. The Pirates of The Caribbean franchise have made billions, that doesn't stop them from being utter sh-- and Johnny Depp's worst movies.

Anno why do you bring that up? anyone asked if you saw the comment
you are just forcing it , i get it you didn´t like the film

People get so fighting mad! Hahaha.

A link was posted up, thus someone wanted us to watch the video...but we can't mention any of the comments? That's kinda silly.

New rule: if you post a link for a video, you can only watch it but don't bring up the comments, lol.

©KAW;24262727 said:
Hey, some people love crap. The Pirates of The Caribbean franchise have made billions, that doesn't stop them from being utter sh-- and Johnny Depp's worst movies.

People do love crap. Which explains....wait, nevermind...it may hurt some feelings on here...

Well, there's the obvious box office returns. Both in real and adjusted returns, the first three did far better.

Second, back in July Yahoo did two polls and Maguire won both by like 60/40 and 75/25 and there were over 500,000 votes.

©KAW said:

Which is what goes through my mind when I read through this forum.

OP84CC82 said:
Oh and also, the only reason I can think of as to why some people in the general audience prefer Maguire to Garfield is because he was the first Spider-Man. They don't care about who did the character justice, just the fact that he was the first Spider-Man immediately makes him the best. bad place, a kid in my class said that even though he's too old to play a teenager and that this new film was supposed to be a reboot, Maguire should've returned just because he was Spider-Man in the first three.

Or maybe they simply like the films and performance better.

So enough on the Spider-ash...

The shoes are nice touch, I really enjoyed them and not at one point did I not.

I actually loved how Spidey ran this movie.... (Crane scene)

the only thing i ask for, is a slightly less prominent spider-butt.

2q9xsur.png

tumblr_m6qwzjszRA1qcgf1x.jpg

tumblr_m75yom2fy91qmx4jw.png

tumblr_m828jb1g7T1rr5tfu.gif

not to disappoint Emma.
Andrew wasn't wearing anything under the suit, at all. I'm assuming that the reason why his crotch is dark is because it has some sort of padding to prevent you from seeing his d**k.

Or maybe they simply like the films and performance better.
If Amazing Spider-Man had been the first film released, and the movie had been rebooted into Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films, I bet you people would say that Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man.

Hah, marvelous.

Lol that comment was funny. 3 in a half? What the bad place?

If Amazing Spider-Man had been the first film released, and the movie had been rebooted into Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films, I bet you people would say that Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man.

No probably not. People here on this site in particular are very much just whatevers new, including a lot of the mods. Especially on the Batman forums, around 2008 when Heath Ledger wowed the world with his performance people immediately made the Nicholson vs. Ledger argument, which lead to the Keaton/Bale argument until someone finally. Made the point that they're different interpretations of the same character and both are very flawed but perfect for their given context.

Now I say this a lot on here but people try to insist that you can't compare 89 Batman to 2002 Spider-Man, well thats a huge load of it because you very much can. Both movies paved the way for superhero films to come into the mainstream and both were unexpected huge hits. Now really, Spider-Man had a mostly word of mouth campaign, if it was "crap" then it wouldn't have worked out to well. If Spider-Man 2 was "crap" it wouldn't have been hailed as the best superhero movie of all time, circa 2008.

I too thought that Amazing was much better than 1-3 (and I still think it's better than 3) until I saw it a second time. It has so many problems on a structural level that just standout more and more each time you watch it. Yeah MJ sucked, Spidey didn't have webshooters, and Green Goblin looked stupid but at least the story was consistent. Really it's just ignorant for people to say this movie is so much better because with all thats changed since 2002, I expected A LOT more from a Spider-Man reboot than a wanna be Nolan flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"