APP. "Gotta Catch 'em All." The Pokemon RPG.

Sorry I was late to the party it seems we have everything ready. I'll put up the OOC thread now.

Some pretty smooth flyin fox :o

Oh crap! I can't get the StarFox 64 quotes out! ARGHHHH!

Allll righty I just started reading this thread and I'm totally in. I've got a lot of thoughts too...here comes the storm...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

This is my personal resource for Pokemon info. And just a personal opinion on the topic, I think that it would be cooler if we had to choose only three initial Pokemon. If everyone has six that could be alot to keep tabs on.

-It would probably help a LOT with organization if everyone playing used one source for all our information, that way we could all be familiar with the same site when retrieving information, finding out what unfamiliar pokémon were like, looking at worlds unfamiliar to some players, etc.

The GM's could just choose whatever site they want us to use or something...

-On the note of the whole class thing, it would be pretty cool to have our characters fall under a certain theme (not necessarily from a set list) but basically just have their pokémon based around something (so we'd essentially all be using the class list, but it leaves room for creativity.)

-The idea of keeping it restricted to one world also sounds like it would work really well...some people might prefer johto to kanto or something and then some characters would just never interact ever and that keeps down the amount of information everyone has to keep track of (cities, gym leaders, locations, etc.)

-I had some pretty strong ideas about the number of pokémon everyone's allowed as well. A lot of you probably won't like them very much but I think it'd keep things more controlled and organized. Here goes: Three pokémon on hand, six maximum. This way we don't have anyone playing a jack of all trades-type character who technically has a theme but just has a ton of pokémon that have nothing to do with his motif stored away (like a swimmer who has a squirtle, a tentacool, and a octillery on hand, but could go get an onix, jolteon, or machamp any time he wanted to. Having these pokémon but keeping to your theme would be pointless anyway, cuz you'd just have a lot of pokémon in the PC that you'd never ever use.) Even though a six maximum is pretty limiting, you could just release one you don't want/need anymore and go find something more suitable without a lot of trouble. Again, this also keeps players from deviating from their theme, since the regular trainers have themes, as do the gym leaders.

Also, having three on hand would make battles much less convoluted, as you could use your full force (all three) with ease, not having to think about all six of your opponents pokémon every time you make a decision during a battle. It would be pretty easy to use a fire type move to get rid of a grass pokémon, only to realize that you forgot about their rock type that's been sitting their waiting to block a fire move. Then your fire type is open to a hit from a from their ground type, or that one with the water move you forgot it had, or the unlikely threat of a pokémon that happened to have previously learned a rock-type move from a TM that you didn't know about.

Lol anyway, such confusion could easily arise with a large number of pokémon on the field.

...I think that's all :]. Enjoy the read...

The OOC thread is up......... I apologize for nothing!!!!

Sounds kinda interesting...I know you have to have a certain number of post though...my old account is spartin2008...if that means i could join or what ever, if not o well...i got a new email so i got a new account on here too... just pm me...

Wrong thread. Whoops...meant the new Pokemon RPG app. Sorry was just looking for some old info established to quote. MB, Batman, please delete this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"