The Pokemon "Turquiose Version" RPG Application

So, are we to assume that the gym leaders are stronger and better as they went along? Even though that makes sense in the context of the games (the need to be able to fight weaker leaders when you are weak), I don't think it entirely makes sense in the context of what we are doing here. Wouldn't it make sense that all gym leaders are, more or less, equal in their skill level? And that you could challenge whatever gym leader you want, regardless of order? Probably a small nit-picky thing, but something I was think about none-the-less.

I may have phrased it wrong because I referenced the game in terms of the last Gym Leader and the higher you go and such but the idea isn't that these Gym Leaders all just started out so that they don't have multiple fully evolved Pokemon. I mean, not like they would battle with 6 fully evolved Pokemon if the trainer opposing them only has like 2 or 3 Pokemon. In the anime it was always the Gym Leaders using the amount of Pokemon the challenger has if the Gym Leader had more Pokemon than the challenger.

And as stated before, the previous game even had Gym Leaders exempt from that rule to begin with.

Although as far as the "order" of Gym Leaders goes...I suppose so. We can scrap the order but one of the things about Gym Leaders like Cael Armstrong, Clifford Montaro, and Drew Dwyer is that the trainers have to prove themselves "worthy" is it is clearly depicted as part of their personality with the mini-bios I provided with how their Gyms function.

BTW, any other gym leaders taken?

No.

174f90c57d1a15f2f79f3e4ceda275a8.png

Although as far as the "order" of Gym Leaders goes...I suppose so. We can scrap the order but one of the things about Gym Leaders like Cael Armstrong, Clifford Montaro, and Drew Dwyer is that the trainers have to prove themselves "worthy" is it is clearly depicted as part of their personality with the mini-bios I provided with how their Gyms function.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from here. Make it a character's decision to restrict applications, and not some inherent rule and order. I think we're on
the same page there. Also, In2Minds' question about legendaries makes me question: are we introducing ANY new Pokemon? New legendaries? New Starters? That's a can of worms I wouldn't mind avoiding, but wondering what you guys think.

I'd avoid all new creations with regards to the Pokemon.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from here. Make it a character's decision to restrict applications, and not some inherent rule and order. I think we're on
the same page there. Also, In2Minds' question about legendaries makes me question: are we introducing ANY new Pokemon? New legendaries? New Starters? That's a can of worms I wouldn't mind avoiding, but wondering what you guys think.

i think i'd be more authentic to at least have legendaries as a part of the RPG, but that's just me

I agree with SF. It just gets messy when you introduce made-ups. If you want to mess around with legendaries, they should be treated as a legendary, very rare Pokemon (see the Seafoam Island thing as an example). They should be something that only the very best of trainers even end up seeing, let alone surviving the encounter. I almost think there should be a "no-catching legendaries" rule, but that's just me.

there is a no catching legendaries rule, however no one said anything about spotting legendaries

I never said anything about starters. I said I'd introduce new made-up legendaries for fun.

I'd avoid all new creations with regards to the Pokemon.

It is for fun. No one can catch Legendaries so I fail to see why we cannot introduce 3 or 4 Legendaries native to this new region.

I agree with SF. It just gets messy when you introduce made-ups. If you want to mess around with legendaries, they should be treated as a legendary, very rare Pokemon (see the Seafoam Island thing as an example). They should be something that only the very best of trainers even end up seeing, let alone surviving the encounter. I almost think there should be a "no-catching legendaries" rule, but that's just me.

Who said anything about someone having to be special spotting a Legendary? And there has always been a no legendary catching rule. I do not understand where you are inferring all this from.

there is a no catching legendaries rule, however no one said anything about spotting legendaries

Exactly, you can spot the legendaries but not catch them.

Wait...so my starting three were going to be Empoleon, Croconaw, and Espeon, does that rule mean no Espeon?

Last edited:
I was only thinking about 3 or 4 at most; like the birds from RBY. Given they cannot be caught, I thought it would be fun for someone who saw the sprites and said "yea, maybe I will do an arc where my trainer spots it and chases it down". And given there would be a history to it it could add to the game's world.

If the majority does not want new, made-up, legendary Pokemon made up then we don't have to. I did that solely for you guys because I thought you'd be excited and enjoy it. Saves me the trouble of designing the sprites and coming up with backstories and movelists.

My main concern is that somebody just shows up and says "Whoa! I discovered the legendary Pokemon named Super ChariBlastoisaur!" If there ARE new legendaries, I think they should be pre-determined before the RPG begins, preferably with sprites for consistency sake.

Also, I'm just trying to be part of the discussion, and not be noisy. Let me know if I'm doing otherwise. :)

My main concern is that somebody just shows up and says "Whoa! I discovered the legendary Pokemon named Super ChariBlastoisaur!" If there ARE new legendaries, I think they should be pre-determined before the RPG begins, preferably with sprites for consistency sake.

...I mentioned that there would be sprites and information about them. Not revealing them until the RPG starts "aka when I make the OOC thread if this is approved" is as a surprise. I have asked for the players' general input about much of the game, but I didn't intend on any about the new Legendaries.

Also, I'm just trying to be part of the discussion, and not be noisy. Let me know if I'm doing otherwise. :)

Nah what you are doing is fine...but it comes across as though you aren't reading all the posts and things I've mentioned.

I came in a bit late. I'm a skimmer, what can I say? :p BTW, since I was pretty heavily involved in getting the original Pokemon RPG started, I'm willing to help if needed. Whats our current list of people interested anyways, and whats the amount needed?

I came in a bit late. I'm a skimmer, what can I say? :p BTW, since I was pretty heavily involved in getting the original Pokemon RPG started, I'm willing to help if needed. Whats our current list of people interested anyways, and whats the amount needed?

Lol, I've also already stated the latest update on that. Go one page back and check, please.

As far as the new Legendary Pokemon are concerned, I suppose I will keep that up for discussion and give the final decision later tonight. It seems like there is equal support and opposition at the moment.

GAH! I'm not very good at this. Le sigh. Alright, got it. I'm actually really pumped for this. I'm considering just making my own character for this. Perhaps a ranger-esque character who has Pokemon, but is not entirely centered around battling.

GAH! I'm not very good at this. Le sigh. Alright, got it. I'm actually really pumped for this. I'm considering just making my own character for this. Perhaps a ranger-esque character who has Pokemon, but is not entirely centered around battling.

That's what I figured: you are excited. I'm surprised that of all the Gym Leaders you overlooked Cael Armstrong seeing as how you played Brock in the previous RPG. If you read the mini bios for the Gym Leaders you would know that Cael is married to one of Brock's sisters. :oldrazz: (though I may change it to a cousin made-up because then we'd have to age the characters from the show and game for one of his sisters to be old enough...yea I will make it a cousin of his)

Also, I finished my design for Galena City where Kevlar Gym resides but when I completed it the internet at my house conveniently messed up and I had to go back to work from lunch break. When I get off work in about 3 hrs I will go and upload the picture.

Just because I'm excited, here's my character's trainer card. Chikorita and Charmander are in storage.

pokemon.png

Just because I'm excited, here's my character's trainer card. Chikorita and Charmander are in storage.

pokemon.png

This is random but I've always wondered by Empoleon and his previous evolutions were Water-type and not Ice-type Pokemon. I'm not judging by movelists because obviously the only natural Ice-Type move he learns is Mist but...it's a penguin after all. A Water/Ice-type or Ice/Water-type would've made more sense than Water-type for the first two and Water/Steel-type for Empoleon.

Last edited:
This is random but I've always wondered by Empoleon and his previous evolutions were water and not Ice Pokemon. I'm not judging by movelists because obviously the only natural Ice-Type move he learns is Mist but...it's a penguin after all. A water/ice type or ice/water type would've made more sense then water for the first two and water/steel for Empoleon.

I completely agree!

Still, he can learn Ice Beam, Blizzard, Hail, and Avalanche through TMs

That's what I figured: you are excited. I'm surprised that of all the Gym Leaders you overlooked Cael Armstrong seeing as how you played Brock in the previous RPG. If you read the mini bios for the Gym Leaders you would know that Cael is married to one of Brock's sisters. :oldrazz: (though I may change it to a cousin made-up because then we'd have to age the characters from the show and game for one of his sisters to be old enough...yea I will make it a cousin of his)

Also, I finished my design for Galena City where Kevlar Gym resides but when I completed it the internet at my house conveniently messed up and I had to go back to work from lunch break. When I get off work in about 3 hrs I will go and upload the picture.

Hmm...now that you mention it...I like it! I just read my Brock stuff and it made me more excited for this. I actually had him interrogating a criminal and giving him a stun spore treatment. :woot: I was actually considering Cael or Castor (I actually DID read all the bios and town stuff). I think I'll do it. Must...determine...team...

d12ed3dc2b7085ca683e287322874dda.png

Probably will be something like this outside of the gym. The Shiny Pidgeot is pretty much never used in battle, by the way. I'll explain it when the RPG is approved.

I always felt it was odd during the first Pokemon RPG 2 years ago...so I'm going to re-write the app about the 3 Starter Pokemon because it doesn't make sense to list 3 instead of 6 when in the first Pokemon RPG we allowed 6 to be carried at a time and THE REST are in storage. Just seems silly that we ask for 3 specifically and the rest are in storage.

Or was there a reasoning I forgot that the app was written that way(which is possible because it was 2 years ago that the first Pokemon RPG was going on)? Because the new app was based from the old app with some changes made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"