APP. "Gotta Catch 'em All." The Pokemon RPG.

Sounds like I'm going to REALLY need to catch up on Generation 2 Pokemon ...

I'm not too fond of the three starter thing, since Giovanni had 5 Pokemon in his lineup at the Viridian City Gym. Well, as long as I can access them at any time, I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Sounds like I'm going to REALLY need to catch up on Generation 2 Pokemon ...

I'm not too fond of the three starter thing, since Giovanni had 5 Pokemon in his lineup at the Viridian City Gym. Well, as long as I can access them at any time, I guess it doesn't matter too much.

I am pretty sure that is only if you are going to make your own character.

Stop being sore about something that happened yesterday :cmad:

Brand new day dammit!
But.... But..... But you ditched my RPG then joined one based on cards for ickle children :csad:.
Fine, I let ya off, BUT you must do a task. You must go to the Fanfiction and films forum in SHH Community, then review my story......

But.... But..... But you ditched my RPG then joined one based on cards for ickle children :csad:.
Fine, I let ya off, BUT you must do a task. You must go to the Fanfiction and films forum in SHH Community, then review my story......

No :o

Is there going to be a 4-move limit at a time for the Pokemon? If so, perhaps the Pokemon's four moves should be listed in the application.

Also, what would be ways to obtain TMs in the RPG?

Is there going to be a 4-move limit at a time for the Pokemon? If so, perhaps the Pokemon's four moves should be listed in the application.

Also, what would be ways to obtain TMs in the RPG?

SuperFerret said:
Well, I haven't been given any authority yet, and Jinn hasn't gotten back to me with a verdict on the guidelines Marko and I came up with (this is still Jinn's show, and I don't want to take over), but I'm pushing for the levels to be generally irrelevant, and victory depends on the skill of the trainer (as well as type match-ups, environments, etc.), and that the moves a Pokémon uses in battle only depends on their species. For example; a Squirtle can use Water Gun, Bite, Withdraw, Tackle and Rapid Spin in the same battle without problem, as a Squirtle can learn any of these moves by leveling up in the video games, but here he'd be able to use them all. Now, if he wanted to use Mega Punch, then the Trainer would have to develop this in the story (either by finding a TM or seeking a Move Tutor, both of which should be small side-quests, not just "Hey, look! A TM!").

I've gotten no official OK on this from Jinn, but I'm thinking this is how it'll be like.

I am pretty sure that is only if you are going to make your own character.

We're thinking of it being for all characters off the bat. Then again, now that I think about it, we may need to reevaluate that. For now the rules stand, as well as the rule that only one can be fully evolved from the start. So you couldn't start with Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur, you would have to pick one and have the others evolve later in the story (but not too soon). We're just doing this to keep a balance between characters so there is a fair initial playing field. With Giovanni you could even just have his others stashed away somewhere, or confiscated by authorities or something. It would be cooler if Giovanni was making his way back up again.

We're thinking of it being for all characters off the bat. Then again, now that I think about it, we may need to reevaluate that. For now the rules stand, as well as the rule that only one can be fully evolved from the start. So you couldn't start with Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur, you would have to pick one and have the others evolve later in the story (but not too soon).
Will be difficult setting up Giovanni's initial Pokemon if they're all devolved :csad:

We're just doing this to keep a balance between characters so there is a fair initial playing field.
I must point out that Giovanni is SUPPOSED to have a clear cut advantage against most trainers :oldrazz:

With Giovanni you could even just have his others stashed away somewhere, or confiscated by authorities or something. It would be cooler if Giovanni was making his way back up again.
Yeah, confiscated by authorities sounds good. He's probably abused the poor little buggers :woot:

The "comeback" sounds kinda fitting for him, thanks for the idea!

I think I have an idea of what I want to do:
- After Red defeated him, Red had the local authorities arrest him: at the start, he'll be sitting behind bars.
- His 5 Gym Pokemon have been confiscated by the local authorities and have been stored somewhere secretive; Giovanni will try to find them.
- A jail break will commence, as uncaptured Rocket Grunts break him and some other Rockets out.
- He'll be given a Pokemon or two from one of the Grunts (they'll be pretty worthless, but at least they're something!)
- He'll have 2 Pokemon (these being alright ones) that weren't confiscated that are sitting back at Rocket HQ

Sound good?

I like it alot!

RESERVE LIST
JinnSato
SuperFerret
Mr Marko
ScarletVenom25
NamesAreUseless
trustyside-kick
Blacklight
Eddie Brock Jr
Syn (Mercenary)
Climperoonie
NowufaceDoom

Thats one hell of a list :wow:

If only my SW rpg was doing as well :csad:

Hey, I'm working on my Giovanni application. I had a question: Has everyone decided on how many years after R/B/Y the RPG is? I need to know for my sample Giovanni post.

EDIT: Also wanted to ask if cussing is alright for this RPG? If anyone were to cuss in the Pokemon universe, I think it'd be Giovanni :p

As long as its character appropriate. The Pokemon mafia boss should be allowed to cuss. This is a more mature version of it, so cuss away!

Hold off on posting that App, Names. We're still not officially accepted yet.

Over the top cursing, just because you are a pissed off villain is dumb. Giovanni is more of a gentleman last time I checked. Seriously, that is one thing I've noticed lately...so many RPers want their characters to curse out of no where.

I'm curious what certain lines and phrases you were interested in using, because in my mind I'm guessing it is out of character just because of past experiences.

SF, that Alt 0233 thing isn't working for me! :csad:

EDIT: Does it apply to laptops?

It workéd for mé. Not suré what thé problém could bé for you, EBJ. :oldrazz:

Just so everyone knows, I still plan on creating my own Trainer if this gets accepted.

You held down the ALT key the entire time, right? While holding it down you type in 0233 and then let go of the ALT key after typing in the second three. Then you get this: é

You held down the ALT key the entire time, right? While holding it down you type in 0233 and then let go of the ALT key after typing in the second three. Then you get this: é
Yeah...no matter what I do, it doesn't work.

*tosses laptop off roof*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"