Application:The Future RPG (Name in Progress)

Yeah!!
I've already called and told him the news.
He said with luck it'll be up tonight.

Now, will this RPG be more of a futuristic superhero game, such as the Legion of Superheroes, or more of a space opera, ala Star Wars, Star Trek, etc?

Now, will this RPG be more of a futuristic superhero game, such as the Legion of Superheroes, or more of a space opera, ala Star Wars, Star Trek, etc?

I was hoping to leave the doors open for mutliple genres. Space Western, Space Horror, Space Fantasy, etc.

Basically a sci-fi version of gods and men.....

Just a suggestion, like they did with Gods and men and DnD, perhaps you could have a popular base for the rough schematics? Like warhammer or something?

Basically a sci-fi version of gods and men.....

Just a suggestion, like they did with Gods and men and DnD, perhaps you could have a popular base for the rough schematics? Like warhammer or something?

What do you mean? Like, for technology and the such?

Yeah, set in a universe that is already expanded in some way with aliens etc, but have it as a loose thing, so you could have a load of races and worlds already developed massively etc(like dragons, centaurs, elves etc in DnD), but with the abilty to bend it somewhat.

You'd have certain levels of tech etc and know why everything is like how it is, culture etc is a little hard to make up for a whole universe from scratch.

to my knowledge, Warhammer 40K is one of the most expansive, yet open for alteration of all the sci-fi universes.

Yeah, set in a universe that is already expanded in some way with aliens etc, but have it as a loose thing, so you could have a load of races and worlds already developed massively etc(like dragons, centaurs, elves etc in DnD), but with the abilty to bend it somewhat.

You'd have certain levels of tech etc and know why everything is like how it is, culture etc is a little hard to make up for a whole universe from scratch.

to my knowledge, Warhammer 40K is one of the most expansive, yet open for alteration of all the sci-fi universes.

Well, we've already come up with a nice list of races on our own, so I think we'll probably stick with our own for now (simply because they seem to be pretty popular). Tech isn't a bad idea, though. One thing I forgot to talk to LD about.

It's all good, I was just making a suggestion, if people didn't have to read up on everything before begining, then they'd be more likely to sign up is all.

Either way, I'll prob join up! Just offering constructive criticism:)

It's all good, I was just making a suggestion, if people didn't have to read up on everything before begining, then they'd be more likely to sign up is all.

Either way, I'll prob join up! Just offering constructive criticism:)

Oh, it's a good idea. It's just, it would feel like kind of a wast of time to have come up with all the races we did just to wipe the slate clean. Although, we might reference War Hammer for some non race-specific tech and weaponry.

Oh, it's a good idea. It's just, it would feel like kind of a wast of time to have come up with all the races we did just to wipe the slate clean. Although, we might reference War Hammer for some non race-specific tech and weaponry.

It's all good, I fully understand with you, could always add some of the alien races from Warhammer40k in;) to bulk things out etc, dunno really, just tell me if I'm pissing you off or anything, just thinking about widening appeal for you, I will shut up if asked :)

It's all good, I fully understand with you, could always add some of the alien races from Warhammer40k in;) to bulk things out etc, dunno really, just tell me if I'm pissing you off or anything, just thinking about widening appeal for you, I will shut up if asked :)

Well, counting humans, we already have 20 playable races at the begining of the game, so I think it's bulked out plenty. It is a good idea, though, and we might reference Warhammer for tech stuff as I said. As for culture, well JB has already planned out the Neogi culture pretty well as they are his baby, and I've been working on the SHCREEEEEEE culture a bit. As for the others, well, we should work on those a bit more, I admit.

Cool, I'll gladly help develop a race, got one you want some more thought put into?(not that there's anything wrong with any of them, just offering to flesh it out more)

I'll work on the Junkfolk, seeing as how I'll probably be the only one who picks one up.

Cool, I'll gladly help develop a race, got one you want some more thought put into?(not that there's anything wrong with any of them, just offering to flesh it out more)

Well, the Bloo Ha, Bloo Ha Tan, and Manorians could use some more work. The only major detail I've given for the Bloo Ha and the Bloo Ha Tan is that they live in a slightly unwanted symbiotic relationship (The Bloo Ha have opposable thumbs, and thus can manipulate tools and built things, while the Bloo Ha Tan have legs and are much stronger and tougher, and this can protect the Bloo Ha and go on land much more easily). The only thing I've said about the Manorians is that they have no concept of sight, color, or light, as they're entire race is blind, as well as being naturally invisible to most other races.

Also, everyone, I'm changing the homeworld of the Bloo Ha and the Bloo Ha Tan from Neptune to the Jovian Moon Europa. So, I'd assume that they and the Jovians have trade and the such.

Manorian's homeworld is in another solar system right?

Also, are we keeping this all in the milky way right?

Manorian's homeworld is in another solar system right?

Yes. The only races living in the Sol system are humans, Jovians (who are genetic cousisn of humans), Bloo Ha, and Bloo Ha tan. The Falatangu were also native to the Sol system, but haven't been there in ages.

Also, are we keeping this all in the milky way right?

I don't know, actually. Initially I thought it would be spread out over multiple galaxies, but LD hasn't been entirely clear on that. However, as the Neogi Empire spans an entire galaxy, odds are that it's not just the Milky Way.

Well there are like 100,000 of solar systems in the milky way alone, if we travel further, we're gonna have to develop hyper drives, space hole punching etc, from a sci-fi POV, it's pretty tricky.

Well there are like 100,000 of solar systems in the milky way alone, if we travel further, we're gonna have to develop hyper drives, space hole punching etc, from a sci-fi POV, it's pretty tricky.

Well, JB's already established that the Neogi have a Galaxy sized empire, so we're obviously working with at least two.

Ah, ok, how do we travel between galaxies then? That would be light millenia's of distance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"