Aqua - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by The Caped Knight, Oct 14, 2005.

1. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

still a lawyer, just dont do crim law any longer

2. KikiDee Registered

so you're corporate now? Sorry, just being nosy. I knew you had mentioned working for Cox now.

Back to the topic at hand. So do you think we'll get to see Aquaman water ski on the back of a manta ray?

3. tonytr1687 Registered

Anyone notice in those pictures of Clark shirtless that he's sorta losing his tone? Probably from age.

4. KikiDee Registered

I don't think he's had much time to work out these last few months either.

5. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

I was thinking something similar. I am hoping that we will get to see Aquaman get to use some of his powers, or at least mention he is from Atlantis. That would be great!:up: :supes:

6. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

With the new season and two movies, he has been one busy bee!:up:

7. KalKai n/a

8. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

9. user123456789 Registered

lets give Tom's body credit for at least being at where it is. its hard.. very hard.

10. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

He's not losing tone, he's lost some definition... it's not the same thing.

He's not doing as much cardio as he used to, that's all.

11. KikiDee Registered

I was kidding about he the manta skiing[​IMG] It just happened to be one of the few things I could remember about Aquaman.

12. avidreader Registered

And after listening to the commentary for Spell and the homework that they did to ensure that the witches casted their spells in the correct manner, I'm more than confident that they did some research into this. I'm no medical expert but watched enough of ER in its early years to know that it is quite common for bullets to "tumble" through the body.

I mean everyone knows where they lungs are so I cant see them slipping up on something as simple as this.

However, I do like what Triplet said about Clark wacking a bandaid on himself in the wrong place. :up: :)

13. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

I was referring to the bullet trajectory in Clark. LOL

Down, and to the left. Get it? The change in the quote was intentional.

I guess jokes aren't as funny if they have to be explained.

PS: Depending on the caliber, that bullet could have done all sorts of things upon entry. For example, .22's often ricochet off bones multiple times before coming to a stop. They can do more damage than a .44, which would pass clean though and out the other side.

14. jas01724 Guest

But to hit a lung it would have to go UP. ;)

(Now why isn't it obvious when I'm teasing? :eek:)

No real velocity; even tough cartilage can stop them dead. But the gun angel boy was using looked like a 9mm. Saying that, where it hit would probably smash a rib or two ... a splintered rib would probably rip a lung to shreds.

15. Red King Littlefinger

is AQUAMAN's outfit simular to the comic like flashs was (remember his red hoodie)

16. SuperSoldier87 Blaze87

Yeah he wears his costume colors orange and green.

17. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

Hee! This is getting fun. Okay, the damage that a bullet does depends on a lot of things, but velocity isn't why a .22 rattles around in the body as it careens off bones and cartilage. Technically, .22's are one of the fastest bullets in common handguns. The rounds ricochet because they have less mass than larger caliber slugs and consequently don't have the force necessary to blow through things thicker than light cardboard. (I'm being facetious to make a point.) Newton's 2nd law: Force = mass x acceleration.

So just how fast IS a speeding bullet? A .22 centerfire cartridge travels at about 2400 - 3000 f.p.s. A .38 special only moves at about 600 f.p.s., which is considerably slower. But a .38 has more mass and by definition, leaves a bigger hole. A .45 will do about 900 f.p.s. and leave an exit hole the size of a silver dollar. So, if you're shot in the leg with a .45 for example, you'll be "okay" provided the round doesn't wipe out a femoral artery and you can't stop the bleeding. If you're shot in the leg with a .22, the bullet *could* ricochet off the femur and travel up through the body taking out a few vital organs in the process. I personally wouldn't want to be shot by either, but a .22 can be a lot more random in its trajectory through the body.

<- Is American. Like guns... and Clint Eastwood. :D

Anyhoo, how 'bout that Aquaman dude? LOL ;)

18. jas01724 Guest

Oops, velocity was the wrong word, you're right. Don't worry, sometimes I get head-spinny. ;) I meant what you said, which is basically a bullet's ability to "pack a punch" and not be stopped by whatever gets in the way.

Rifles have incredibly high velocity, but they also have a nasty habit of doing crazy things like careening down your arm and blowing off your hand after they've ricocheted off your collar bone ... don't worry *I* know what I mean even if me brain's too addled to say it properly. :p

I even had this conversation with someone after 'Relic' aired, and I didn't mix the words up that time. :up: This guy was convinced that a. 38 wouldn't have killed Louise when it hit her in the shoulder ... the low velocity wouldn't have the power to do any serious damage, apparently. Yeah. A mass of arteries and a bullet with a good kick behind it. No danger there ...

19. The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

good God no, not Cox. The other cable co that starts with C :D

20. Spidey-Fan700 Registered

I like continuity as much as the next person, but it's not that serious. Let's not nitpick it to death.

21. avidreader Registered

I'm worried that you both (Pat and James)n know so much about guns, bullet holes and the like.:rolleyes: :D

How about those underwater shots, this is gonna be a good episode.:up:

22. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

This should be another good one! :up:

I agree.

Why isn't it Thursday yet? :(

23. user123456789 Registered

sounds like one of the explanations of JFK's assassination... aka magic bullet.

24. jas01724 Guest

I could write a dissertation on why one man could have shot JFK. :D :p

Oh, topic. Tom looks wet - um, make that hot, underwater.

25. user123456789 Registered

I have an exam wednesday and thursday too. sucks major balls.