10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJBoy

Sidekick
Reaction score
Spoilers:
- Catch on the 2-hour episode on May 13th, CW/8PM.
- Episode's title is "Finale".

Directors:
Kevin Fair will be directing part 1 (#21) and Greg Beeman has directed part 2 (#22).

Writers:
Al Septien and Turi Meyer is writing part 1 (#21).

All actors listed below so far:
- Tom Welling (Clark).
- Erica Durance (Lois).
- Justin Hartley (Oliver).
- Cassidy Freeman (Tess).
- Michael Rosenbaum (Lex).
- Allison Mack (Chloe).
- Annette O'Toole
(Martha).
- John Schneider (Jonathan).

Guest stars that could possibly end up showing up:
- John Glover (Lionel).
- Michael Kean (Perry).
- Callum Blue (Zod).
:super::supes::super:

Last edited:
He better becomes Superman by the end of "Prophecy" and then episode 21/22 are full on Superman: The TV Show.

Last edited:
Let's all take a moment...

Season 10, Episodes 21 and 22... Finale Parts 1 & 2. Series Finale. The end.

:supes:

I have watched this show from episode one. I want to see the following in this finale...

-Rosenbaum back as Lex.

-He better be in costume as Supes for more than a 2 second shirt rip.

Finale?

Hmm, I wonder what this episode will be about.

Yes, I called it that if Superman wasn't going to be used as a title for the series finale, then Finale would be used. It actually makes sense if you think about the title of the pilot episode Pilot. They've gone full circle. This is going to be in the same format as Absolute Justice and the Smallville Superman movie where this is the only time to see TW in the suit, regardless of any point in the finale. :super:

Last edited:
True, but a lot of shows use Pilot as their first title, but very few use Finale as the last.

I think that there was just so much pressure on the producers to come up with an amazing title that they probably found a compromise in Finale. 'Superman' and 'Metropolis' were too predictable. 'Finale' is just so straight forward and clear. There's no double meaning. I like it. I remember when the series finale title for LOST was announced as 'The End'. There was some fan backlash because people expected something more (probably a clue as to what the finale would involve).

Well technically "The End" was a clue to what the finale would involve but we we're just to blind to see it. But back to Smallvillle I like that it will be called Finale.

Well I wasn't against using "Finale", though we all had great ideas like "Superman", "Destiny", even "Fulfillment" from me, "Birthright" from someone else, so it's all good in the end. As for what I want; it's the same list of things everyone else wants: for this TV movie finale to act like a Superman movie finale for the show. And for that to happen, we want Superman, not Clark, not The Blur (god that's a stupid name), SUPERMAN vs. Darkseid.

Truth be told, though, I really don't want to have this finale to give us a cold-hearted sense of realization. Obviously you guys may not know what I mean, so I'll give you a good example: the Teen Titans series finale. The series finale was called "Things Change", and the synopsis was about how the team gets back home, and even though he wants it to be the same, Beast Boy learns that things change. Fans hated the episode because nothing was explained, and it wasn't like what finales are "suppose" to be, and thus felt disappointed. Yet, if you go back to that synopsis, that was what the episode was about, thus fans and viewers probably didn't quite understand what they read what the episode was to be about.

But I don't want that to happen with Smallville, though my fears tells me it most likely will be. The realization that leads us going back to the premise of the show, "the adventures of Clark Kent before he became Superman", which is like telling us "look guys, we were never going to get Superman, see him in costume, see him flying, it was about this. And that's what we got".

I don't want that to happen, they must know we don't want that to happen; we want flying, we want Tom/Clark to wear the suit, we want SUPERMAN!!!
:supes:

hmmm, I kinda like it. "finale" still keeps whats to come a secret. Maybe they don't want the fans to know if we'll actually see Superman or not and that's why that title wasn't chosen.

It's possible there may have been a restriction to the use of Superman as a series finale title from the WB's movie division. That may have been why the producers said that it wasn't a sure thing.

I don't know how much restriction is there in terms of TW wearing the suit, but if he wears the suit it would most likely be the SR suit since they showed it in Lazarus. :super:

This show is not Superman, It's SMALLVILLE!
There's no way in hell for Welling to wear that suit for more than 10 seconds!

Actually, it's the Smallville Superman movie. The only time to see TW as Superman, whether he wears the suit or not (CGI or body double). :super:

I'm glad they're making it a 2hr special, the show deserves that. I don't think an average length episode would be enough to do the big reveal and finish a 10year run.

Oh man, the day of the Finale is gonna be a sad day :(.
And I would really like the last moments of this show be Superman soaring through the skies at supersonic speed with the Williams theme thundering in the background and giving away the feeling that this is the end of an era and the start of a new adventure at the same time.

Many people are *****ing about the title. I mean that's what fans do best right? But seriously, who cares how it's called. What matters is to be awesome and blow us away.

Makes sense.

The Pilot wasn't called anything.

If the finale is as good as the pilot I'd be 1 happy man, but with Darkseid and Superman, it will inevitably surpass it.

If the producers are "cautiously optimistic" that Lex will be back. Then I am "cautiously optimistic" about this finale being good or not. Sorry but been burned to many times by Smallville to automatically think its going to be good just because its the last episode. It could make The Sopranos finale look good for all we know

Do you think that when the final show is coming on, they will do a "Previously on Smallville" and then proceed to show a brief recap of everything since the Pilot and then conclude the recap with "...And now the Finale of Smallville"? What do you guys think they will do at that moment of the beginning of the show?

Jesus, this is very sad to see. I mean it's really exciting, but the end is quickly coming upon us.

Do you think that when the final show is coming on, they will do a "Previously on Smallville" and then proceed to show a brief recap of everything since the Pilot and then conclude the recap with "...And now the Finale of Smallville"? What do you guys think they will do at that moment of the beginning of the show?

I have a feeling the recap will consist of everything from season 10 but I would love to see the entire series recapped. It would definitely take more than a minute though.

You know what would be awesome? It won't happen, but it'd be awesome.

After it airs on May 13, they should release a stand alone extended version (i.e., longer than the 90 minutes we'll be getting on live TV) of "Finale" on blu-ray and DVD with all the bells and whistles: multiple commentaries, behind-the-scenes docs, a "super-trailer" featuring highlights of Clark's journey from the first 10 years, etc.

I'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"