Aqua - Discussion Thread(Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by The Caped Knight, Oct 14, 2005.

1. KikiDee Registered

Maybe he'll make the suit chartreuse and tangerine with lovely little seahorses stamped into the leatherette material.[​IMG]

2. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

ROTFLMFAO!

:D

Too funny....

3. RKromwell Registered

Nooo no no. It will be little tridents. :)

4. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

With one big one for the belt in place of the A.

Change is good, or so I've been told. :p :D

5. RakuMon Registered

Well would you look at that.
    After all my complaining about a lack of mainstream media attention for Smallville, we finally get a mention in USA Today's Critic's Corner as a "What to Watch!"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/criticscorner/2005-10-19-critics-corner_x.htm
    What to watch Thursday night
    • The competition in Thursday's opening prime-time slot continues to stiffen. I wouldn't dream of missing UPN's Everybody Hates Chris or ABC's Alias - which currently boasts a guest run by Angel's Amy Acker. But another Buffy/Angel alumnus might just force me to make room for Smallville (WB, tonight, 8 ET/PT): James Marsters, formerly known as Spike, now known as Brainiac. Plus, you get a special appearance by Aquaman, played by former American Idol contestant Alan Ritchson.

6. avidreader Registered

So what's he gonna watch. Honestly, these guys are so non-comittal.

7. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

TONIGHT!!!!! We get to see Aquaman knock Clark out of the water!!!! YAY!!!:up:

8. KikiDee Registered

He's going to watch them all! Yea Tivo! Wish I had it:( of course I'd just record Smallville to watch over and over. I could use my vcr, but then I'd have to dust it off, find all the cables and hook it up and then find an ancient unused tape that may or may not work because the kids tried to feed it peanut butter sandwiches.

9. avidreader Registered

LOL!:D

Do yourself a favour and get one real quick. It's the best thing since sliced bread, without peanut butter of course.

10. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I LOVE MY TIVO!

It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Maybe he has Directv and Tivo, you can record two shows at a time with that...

I record both Survivor and Smallville. Watch Smallville, then watch Survivor later, but keep Smallville for multiple viewings.

I don't know how I'd review without my Tivo... sometimes it takes more than one viewing to figure out what I think about a show. Especially if it's a so-so episode. And TiVo has tons better image quality than VCR (more lines of resolution).

I hate video tapes so much now I don't even have a VCR anymore. We had to upgrade all the kids old tapes to DVD.

11. avidreader Registered

I've actually, accidently, got two DVRs, so I'm never stuck. :up: I record from the DVR onto tape, just in case someone accidently wipes my Smallville. Hell, I've even done it. Although the new one does ask you twice.

That's one of the things that used to annoy me about the posters over there. They were basing things from what they remembered, obviously with only one viewing, and you knew they were just so wrong. But you couldnt argue the point.

Smallville can actually be quite complicated at times, and I think you need some multiple viewings, just to get it.

12. BruceforLizard Registered

Hey I'm I right to assume that we will see more scenes with Braniac in this episode?

13. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Yeah, we will....

He's got several scenes, according to the spoilers for the episode.

14. user123456789 Registered

Your Tivo is to my illegal downloading. haha.

15. Serene Registered

That's a good point. I almost always enjoy my second viewings of an episode more than the first. When you already know what's going to happen, you tend to notice the little things you missed the first time around. It really enhances my love of the show.

Tivo rocks. I wish I had two.

16. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

But I don't have to wait 5 hours to download a 600mb file to view it mutiple times!

:rolleyes:

17. user123456789 Registered

true true, if i were home with a 56k!

perks of bein a college student!

ps: episode takes me about 45 min to download (its 350mb, not 600), but since Tivo is instant, i guess i have no argument here, lol.

18. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Tivo is sweet. I love the Directv version too, two tuners in one so I can record two shows at once.... I love the season passes, which most other DVR's don't have. I can set the thing to record every episode or just the new ones... it's a beautiful thing.

It is truly the best thing since sliced bread.

19. KalKai n/a

depends what version you get, and some of us do have super fast connections. :)

20. triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Well, if I ever lose my tivo I might switch to a faster type of DSL and do the download thing but for right now, I'm set.

My tivo holds 80 hours of TV, so I can keep the entire season and still have plenty of room for other stuff.

21. user123456789 Registered

the great thing about bein in college and havin access to episodes is, I don't need to buy all 4 season boxsets at outrageously unaffordable prices.

i've always had the episodes on my computer, but they took up too much space. when season 1 and 2 boxsets dropped to just $20 each, i grabbed them in a heartbeat. This way i can wait until the other seasons drop to $20 and i only need season 3, 4, and now 5 on my computer. ~40 episodes on dvd, and ~45 more on my comp. all GREAT quality!

22. avidreader Registered

From the episode Hidden, it wasnt until after multiple viewings that I realised that on of Lana's boots was on the dresser on the opposite side of the room to the other. Things must have been pretty hot and racey when they first got in there. :D

My TW DVR does that as well. Record an entire season, first viewings, repeat viewings, etc.

23. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

intresting begginning.

let's see where this goes.

24. punishermax Registered

Marsters finally.

25. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Now we can all see how un-sexy Lois looks in that bikini everybody's been drooling over...